Tottenham Discussion 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who have embarrassed themselves more this season, Spurs or Chelsea? Both have sacked managers and brought in caretakers who haven't had any positive impact. Chelsea have spent boatloads while Spurs have had boardroom turmoil and have had to sack their interim manager after conceding a boatload. As least Chelsea haven't gotten a hiding off of anyone.

If only Spurs would give it Jamie Redknapp till the end of the season.

100% Chelsea. They’ve spent fortunes on players and sacked 2 managers and are stranded in mid table.

Spurs are at least still in a race for the top 4.

Just shows how quickly things change in the summer Spurs signings on paper looked really good but none of them have come off.

Who have embarrassed themselves more this season, Spurs or Chelsea? Both have sacked managers and brought in caretakers who haven't had any positive impact. Chelsea have spent boatloads while Spurs have had boardroom turmoil and have had to sack their interim manager after conceding a boatload. As least Chelsea haven't gotten a hiding off of anyone.

If only Spurs would give it Jamie Redknapp till the end of the season.
Dont go gloating too much. They both have a way to go to catch up with us.

Who's gloating? I'm just happy to see us sliding down the Banter FC league table.

I'd probably agree Chelsea have been more embarrassing this season, and yet, I'd also say they would be more likely to make a comeback next season. Spurs are a mess from the top down, and need to rebuild their entire football infrastructure. Again.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wait...clubs can just decide to release players who are out of contract and confirm that they are departing? Without the player having a say in the matter? Contract over. Player leaves. End of discussion? Just like that? How do we let United know about this?

• Haha
Reactions: RVN
Looks like it’s going to be Ange Postuconglu (if he lasts more that 6 months I’ll learn how to spell it) who’s taking over.

I think this is a smart move he’s done great at Celtic which is high pressure and clearly has an eye for talent from his time in Japan.

Seems a good guy as well whenever I hear him talk he sounds like he understands the game and knows how to cut through the BS.

He will need time as that squad is a mess but I think they’ve made a good appointment here.

He's been getting better of late, but if does get the Tottenham gig I hope he spends what remains of the Summer learning how to make eye contact when he replies to an interviewer - at Celtic for the first 6/9 months he just never looked up, mumbling away as if he was reading from a script, I know it takes all types but ....

Looks like it’s going to be Ange Postuconglu (if he lasts more that 6 months I’ll learn how to spell it) who’s taking over.

I think this is a smart move he’s done great at Celtic which is high pressure and clearly has an eye for talent from his time in Japan.

Seems a good guy as well whenever I hear him talk he sounds like he understands the game and knows how to cut through the BS.

He will need time as that squad is a mess but I think they’ve made a good appointment here.
Not a hope! I would back him to fail any day of the week.
Raiding Asian leagues such as J1-League and K-League 1 for players you have knowledge of from past ventures who will run their noodles off, as well as his own Australian A League, to do a turn in the Scottish game is very much a different bag to finding success in the English Premier League with a club like Tottenham, with the expectancy and the pressure that comes rather quickly if things start to go wrong.
Spurs would have been better appointing the man who will likely claim his job back at Celtic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back