Tottenham Discussion 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like Conte will leave at the end of the season.

Their sporting director may also be getting a ban as he was involved at the financial scandal at Juventus. He's been given a 30 month ban but it's not been confirmed if that ban will be a worldwide ban or just stop him working in Italy.

I still rate Conte just doesn't look like it's going to work out he hasn't got the players to compete and if the club can't afford to compete then there's not much point in carrying on.

Apart from their forwards the rest of their team is pretty poor. In the summer they need a new keeper, defence and midfield so not a small task for a new manager coming in.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Poch come back.

Sounds like Conte will leave at the end of the season.

Their sporting director may also be getting a ban as he was involved at the financial scandal at Juventus. He's been given a 30 month ban but it's not been confirmed if that ban will be a worldwide ban or just stop him working in Italy.

I still rate Conte just doesn't look like it's going to work out he hasn't got the players to compete and if the club can't afford to compete then there's not much point in carrying on.

Apart from their forwards the rest of their team is pretty poor. In the summer they need a new keeper, defence and midfield so not a small task for a new manager coming in.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Poch come back.

Not sure about needing a new midfield as when everybody is fit they have one of the best selections in the country, agree about the defence though, and the keeper, well they could do far worse.

Not sure about needing a new midfield as when everybody is fit they have one of the best selections in the country, agree about the defence though, and the keeper, well they could do far worse.

Hojberg and Bentancur are two decent players but behind that there's nothing unless I'm forgetting someone.

Guess the question will be if Conte goes will they stick to the back 3 or will they look to go to a back 4 as their wing back options aren't great.

I don't rate Lloris think he makes far to many basic errors.

Hojberg and Bentancur are two decent players but behind that there's nothing unless I'm forgetting someone.

Guess the question will be if Conte goes will they stick to the back 3 or will they look to go to a back 4 as their wing back options aren't great.

I don't rate Lloris think he makes far to many basic errors.

Bissouma hasn't pulled up any trees at Spurs but is highly rated, as is Oliver Skipp but Conte obviously doesn't fancy him. And Spurs beat off a lot of competition for Pape Sarr but he hasn't really had a chance yet.

Spurs have got better than average CB's he just chops and changes them, or the system too much, same with the fullbacks.

And Lloris is a funny one, everybody writes him off then he has a blinder, then he's back to being poor again, rinse repeat, think they will go for Dean Henderson in the Summer and it will be a good move for the lad.

Bissouma hasn't pulled up any trees at Spurs but is highly rated, as is Oliver Skipp but Conte obviously doesn't fancy him. And Spurs beat off a lot of competition for Pape Sarr but he hasn't really had a chance yet.

Spurs have got better than average CB's he just chops and changes them, or the system too much, same with the fullbacks.

And Lloris is a funny one, everybody writes him off then he has a blinder, then he's back to being poor again, rinse repeat, think they will go for Dean Henderson in the Summer and it will be a good move for the lad.

I knew I was missing someone forgot they signed Bissouma but he has struggled to make an impact Spurs are a very different team to brighton, no pressing and more of a counter attacking side. Not been convinced by Skipp when I've seen him looks like another Winks pretty average looking centre mid. Hojberg is a funny one on his day he's as good as anyone but he has some absolute stinkers in him as well.

Romero is a good centre back but Dier, Sanchez, Davies, Lenglet aren't great.

Lloris I've never rated pulls off the occasional decent save but makes so many basic errors.

Henderson should get a good move in the summer he's a decent keeper and I've said before they'd be wise to chuck a bid in for Maguire as I think he'd suit them.

I knew I was missing someone forgot they signed Bissouma but he has struggled to make an impact Spurs are a very different team to brighton, no pressing and more of a counter attacking side. Not been convinced by Skipp when I've seen him looks like another Winks pretty average looking centre mid. Hojberg is a funny one on his day he's as good as anyone but he has some absolute stinkers in him as well.

Romero is a good centre back but Dier, Sanchez, Davies, Lenglet aren't great.

Lloris I've never rated pulls off the occasional decent save but makes so many basic errors.

Henderson should get a good move in the summer he's a decent keeper and I've said before they'd be wise to chuck a bid in for Maguire as I think he'd suit them.

Never been overly impressed with Bissouma myself but the internet nearly crashed when irate United fans en masse were calling the club/the Glazers/the Manager for not going for him, and Skipp and Winks are more the traditional Spurs pass and move merchants that need a bruiser alongside them to function properly, and Hojberg for all his talents ain't that guy.

Wanted United to sign Romero a few years back, and I like Dyer, a tad slow but a proper defender, and he can pass.

Lloris is unbeatable on his day, bit like the Scottish keeper whose name escapes me, but liable to throw one in as well, time for him to move aside for France and to give Mike Maignan his chance now. And at club level somebody will take him on for a few years, probably back in France or one of the yo-yo clubs in Spain.

Still think Henderson has an outside chance at United, but probably best to move on.

Never been overly impressed with Bissouma myself but the internet nearly crashed when irate United fans en masse were calling the club/the Glazers/the Manager for not going for him, and Skipp and Winks are more the traditional Spurs pass and move merchants that need a bruiser alongside them to function properly, and Hojberg for all his talents ain't that guy.

Wanted United to sign Romero a few years back, and I like Dyer, a tad slow but a proper defender, and he can pass.

Lloris is unbeatable on his day, bit like the Scottish keeper whose name escapes me, but liable to throw one in as well, time for him to move aside for France and to give Mike Maignan his chance now. And at club level somebody will take him on for a few years, probably back in France or one of the yo-yo clubs in Spain.

Still think Henderson has an outside chance at United, but probably best to move on.

Bissouma was certainly in demand lots of clubs were in for him. I'm interested to see how Trossard does at Arsenal to see if players can come out of that Brighton system and thrive. So far Bissouma and Cuccurella who both looked brilliant at Brighton have struggled. Ben White and Dan Burn have ended up playing as full backs rather than centre backs at their new clubs.

I don't rate Dier at all he's a fake hard man kicks people because he can't play. Gets found out at this level time and again. He does have a nice long range pass on him but he doesn't read the game well and he has zero recovery speed so gets found out.

Romero is a proper player best signing Spurs made in years.

I just don't see that with Lloris he had a good game against us earlier in the season but then you see him chucking them in his own net in other games. I agree he's been lucky to hold on to that France spot for this long not sure how he's done this season but last season Maignan was brilliant for Milan.

As for Henderson there's plenty of rumours that he's the dressing room leak at Utd. He's clearly brimming with confidence and he was a tad unlucky last season the injury/illness at the start of the season probably gave De Gea the chance to get the number 1 spot back. I think it's best he moves on there should be plenty of PL clubs willing to pay a decent fee for him. He feels to me like one of the players who massively fell out of love with the club last year and he made it pretty clear in his interview he couldn't wait to leave.

Big win for Spurs last night, wasn't pretty but they were competitive against a decent Fulham side and Kane just gives you that quality scored a goal pretty much out of nothing.

Bit of a reshuffle at Spurs in terms of the full back options.

Spence is going on loan to Rennes, Doherty is going on loan to Atletico Madrid and Porro is coming in on loan from Sporting with an obligation to buy in the summer.

Shrewd bit of business from Spurs to sign striker Jude Soonsup-Bell from Chelsea. Planning for life after Harry Kane ?

Why, nobody bar Newcastle is closing the gap from behind us. Which won't affect T4.

Keeps a team above us in touch and puts a team behind us further away.

Win Win in my book.

Keeps a team above us in touch and puts a team behind us further away.

Win Win in my book.

Nah, the closer we can get to City the better, and let's be honest City will probably still win the League.

I'll be rooting for the draw. The more sides that drop points the better.
Spurs wont catch us, so it is more important we keep the closest tab possible on the top two.
If we can take the 6 points from Leeds, one or both of City and Arsenal will drop points in that time. That's the point at which you start to wonder what is possible with 45 points still left to play for.
Of course the title is beyond us, with our miserly goal difference, but it would be exciting to see how close we could take it and hanging on to some hope of the unlikely for most of the season remainder.

Spurs wont catch us, so it is more important we keep the closest tab possible on the top two.
If we can take the 6 points from Leeds, one or both of City and Arsenal will drop points in that time. That's the point at which you start to wonder what is possible with 45 points still left to play for.
Of course the title is beyond us, with our miserly goal difference, but it would be exciting to see how close we could take it and hanging on to some hope of the unlikely for most of the season remainder.
We’re 8 back of Arsenal (who have a game in hand) and 3 up on Spurs with a game in hand. If second matters, we’re 3 back of City with an inferior goal difference, so nothing is out of the question.

A draw would’ve left us 4 back of City but 5 up on Spurs. City is still within reach and there’s more of a cushion over 5th. I guess now a City win v Arsenal wouldn’t be the worst thing.

Kane needs to sack this lot off at the end of the season he is miles better than carrying them season after season.

Cannot see Conte lasting much longer to be honest, Spurs are still well placed for top four but the club just seems very flat with him at the helm.

Like jsp said, Kane needs to get out of there. If he were to go then I presume we would be the only destination in the EPL he could go to. Arsenal, Liverpool and City are probably ruled out. Not sure about Chelsea and Newcastle are a project but probably won’t be quick enough for Kane who wants trophies.

Think Conte’s contract is up in the summer and doesn’t sound like he wants to stay.

He has had a horrible year away from football lost a work colleague and close friend to illness and had his own health issues.

On the pitch he just hasn’t got the tools to compete and Spurs don’t have the money to build a world class squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back