The race to make top four 2023/24 edition

I suggest you read that post again, or get a responsible adult to read it to you ...

You've suggested numerous times now I don't take other peoples opinions on board, and yet here you are posting The asylum wants its patient back and I've never heard so much rubbish because I had the temerity to have a different opinion to you

And for you that's pretty tame, you do it all the bloody time then go crying @Justin Cider is picking on me, help me, help me ....

You're just an attention seeker mate, a keyboard warrior, just a shit one

For the very last time, you are fooling nobody

COOLSTORY.jpg

It's funny ....

Apparently we've got a shit defence, a calamitous goal-keeper and midfielders with no defensive discipline yet we've still conceded less goals than the two teams we are competing against for 4th place.

Opera-Snapshot-2024-03-17-034232-www-google-com.png

Equally impressive is that every team in that picture has scored more goals than us.

Think what we've seen this season is Utd have a lot of depth in the squad in defence (and boy we’ve needed it) the two teams above us don’t.

He didn't miss your point. You've set up a flawed narrative and he has seen straight through it. The difference you are shouting about is minimal at best. A few goals? It's barely a point to begin with. The lack of goals we have compared to them however, is glaringly alarming. Let's be honest too, if half of the teams we have played had been any type of clinical, goals conceded would be way worse. The only team in the league to face more shots than us is Sheffield Utd and they will set a record this season for that statistic. So yeah, our defence is bad, we've just been lucky.

Tricky games for Spurs and Villa after the International break, Spurs should beat Luton at home but there's a lot of history there, and the last team Villa need at home is a fellow Midlander still smarting from getting knocked out of the FA Cup in dramatic fashion by Coventry

He didn't miss your point. You've set up a flawed narrative and he has seen straight through it. The difference you are shouting about is minimal at best. A few goals? It's barely a point to begin with. The lack of goals we have compared to them however, is glaringly alarming. Let's be honest too, if half of the teams we have played had been any type of clinical, goals conceded would be way worse. The only team in the league to face more shots than us is Sheffield Utd and they will set a record this season for that statistic. So yeah, our defence is bad, we've just been lucky.

Well pardon me for trying to suggest we aren't anywhere near as bad as half of the worlds population would have us believe

And well done for mentioning doomed Sheffield United :rolleyes:

Well pardon me for trying to suggest we aren't anywhere near as bad as half of the worlds population would have us believe

And well done for mentioning doomed Sheffield United :rolleyes:
Can you just face reality one time, please?

What the reality that Spurs and Villa are far too far ahead of us, bollox to that, we'll keep the Red flag flying high cos Man United will never die
They both have more points than us, they score way more goals and have a similar amount conceded. That should tell you most of what you need to know.

Our run in [teams left to play] will impact us too, we can and will drop points we might not expect to.

Their games left can be called with a bit more consistency and they have all the above in their favour.

You're only lying to yourself, nobody else believes you.

They both have more points than us, they score way more goals and have a similar amount conceded. That should tell you most of what you need to know.

Our run in [teams left to play] will impact us too, we can and will drop points we might not expect to.

Their games left can be called with a bit more consistency and they have all the above in their favour.

You're only lying to yourself, nobody else believes you.

Not rising to you on this beautiful footballing Sunday our grandkids will be telling our great grandkids about long after we've all gone about the day a depleted Manchester United reminded everybody why we are by far the biggest club on the planet(Real Madrid LOL), and nearly everybodies second favourite team.

If you want to drown in a sea of negativity please splash quietly ;)

Not rising to you on this beautiful footballing Sunday our grandkids will be telling our great grandkids about long after we've all gone about the day a depleted Manchester United reminded everybody why we are by far the biggest club on the planet(Real Madrid LOL), and nearly everybodies second favourite team.

We are the biggest club on the planet, so at least you've gotten something right.

It's almost like I know, scary ....

Top four done and dusted now. Not catching Villa now. Spurs maybe but very unlikely.

Europa or Conference League now I guess.

Just about finishing 6th now dropping down the league now would be frustrating.

The recent flurry of injuries seem to have finished us off, wouldn’t be surprised if there’s 3 or 4 out there currently managing injuries through to the end of the season.

You simply cannot play the way ETH wants to play with these players in the PL. No one seems to pass unless they are forced to because of pressure from the opposition. Even then players like Rashofrd regularly try to take on too many players and lose possession. For that ETH is to blame. It is not only the injuries but the way we are set up. I was amazed to see both Bruno and Mainoo push so much forward and then we lose possession and they counter attack and Cas was all left alone with the 2 CBs to deal with it and obviously they are going to have the numbers over us.

top 4 was gone months ago

The recent flurry of injuries seem to have finished us off, wouldn’t be surprised if there’s 3 or 4 out there currently managing injuries through to the end of the season.

the fault lies with the manager. They should pull the trigger now.

If we beat Coventry, there is no way ETH beats City in the final

I wouldn’t yet say you guys are out of the race for fifth. Spurs are faltering and you play Burnley and Sheffield United coming up. Now yeah United could lose those games but I still think you have a shot at fifth albeit a long one.

top 4 was gone months ago

the fault lies with the manager. They should pull the trigger now.

If we beat Coventry, there is no way ETH beats City in the final

Realistically it was but even the outside chance was killed once all the injuries came back for round 2.

Who you gonna put in charge now?

Just let it play out and sort it out in the summer.

Nagelsmann

Is he going to walk out on Germany before the Euro's in Germany?

No chance.

If they sack him now it's going to be an interim, probably end up being Darren Fletcher or someone else in house for a few weeks to the end of the season.

The three-legged race to make top four ....

Now doesn't that take you back, Skool sports day, so glad in the early 70's that mobile phone were still huh a phone you carry around with you, yeah right mate lol, you'll be telling me next they'll be able to take photos and make videos and stuff and put it online, online!?

Spurs might just throw away fifth spot at this rate. Always knew these set of fixtures were going to have a big say in where they finish. With City and Liverpool still to play soon, it's not looking good for them.

They’re 6 points clear with the goal difference of 6th with 4 games to play.

They do seem to have lost that early season momentum.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back