Rasmus Højlund | Match Discussion Thread 2023/24

No one can doubt his value now. This guy will score goals.
Of course he is a top talent and is going to score lots of goals when he is given the opportunity to do so. Get a better and less selfish left winger and he will score more.

His biggest fan takes a break(I hope it's a break x)from the forum and the kid can't stop scoring

Three cheers for @Mr C

Hip hip .....

Still not getting anything like the service he should, 1 goal from 2 chances the team isn't set up to serve him.

Hopefully ETH or the next manager will put that right.

They showed some stats on MOTD and not a lot has really changed just the chances are going in.

He's still averaging about 2 shots per game but his conversion rate has gone from 0% to 60% in the last 5 games.

It does feel like Utd have found one and I like a guy who's happy to get the scruffy goals by just being alert in the box.

They showed some stats on MOTD and not a lot has really changed just the chances are going in.

He's still averaging about 2 shots per game but his conversion rate has gone from 0% to 60% in the last 5 games.

It does feel like Utd have found one and I like a guy who's happy to get the scruffy goals by just being alert in the box.
He is a very quick player and if both of our wingers think of passing it to him before the space gets closed down we as a team will score more goals too.

He is a very quick player and if both of our wingers think of passing it to him before the space gets closed down we as a team will score more goals too.

I think there are signs of that coming from the wide players which is one of the reasons why I think we need to give this front 3 a run of 5-10 games together to see if they can click into a title winning forward line.

Leave Garnacho on the right, ask Brighton how much they want for Adingra to replace Rashford on the left and watch Hojlund fly!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Maguire rallying the troops. That's how you further build up Rasmus' confidence. He's pressing all the right buttons right now - he's becoming a must stay for me.

I mean I wouldn't say the second bit makes total sense the reason he stayed in the team was because he's the only striker at the club who's fit to play.

Not having much competition might have helped him this season to settle in but you have to assume next season his spot in the team will be under a bit more pressure and that's the way it should be at a club like Utd.

Magnificent today. Two brilliantly taken goals and superb hold up play. Took the first goal so well.

He's been excellent, something has flipped in his game. Unfortunately, still having to do much of the work for goals himself.

Pleased a united fan playing for the club has come good. His confidence seems to have improved 10 fold.

Banging in the points for my FFT too!

He's been top class in the last few weeks.

He'll probably think he should have had a hat trick yesterday but he'll settle for 2.

Still not getting to many chances per game but his conversion rate is through the roof at the moment which probably isn't sustainable.

Getting a good understanding going with the wide players as well which is all good and his work rate is top class.

For a young lad the pressure doesn't seem to bother him he just gets on with it and keeps putting himself in good positions.

Best thing about the recent change in form is that it's come off the back of an 18, 19 and 21 yr old.

Hojlund has been outstanding in recent weeks and the future looks bright with those 3 in the squad.

I’m at the stage where I expect bad news with injuries we are either exceptionally unlucky or doing something wrong in training, no recognised striker or left back available.

Nightmare just as he gets up and running.

Hopefully it is just 2-3 weeks and he doesn't turn into another one of the MIA players.

Nightmare just as he gets up and running.

Hopefully it is just 2-3 weeks and he doesn't turn into another one of the MIA players.

Bigger blow him being missing on Wednesday than tomorrow, or should be anyway ....

Doesn't matter if he runs, walks or hop skip and jumps he's the only one in the squad that does what you'd expect a CF to do.
Yup and he does a lot better than he looks he is doing. He does hold a lot better and brings others into play. He was the only one who can buy us a penalty. He just still is better at CF than Rashford.

Bigger blow him being missing on Wednesday than tomorrow, or should be anyway ....

I think both sides would have changed players around Wednesday if it's 3 weeks that probably puts him out of

Fulham (h)
Forest (a) cup
City (a)
Then after 3 weeks is
Everton (h)
Sheff Utd (h)

That's the 5 before the next international break if they don't get decent results in these 5 the seasons basically over.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back