Status
Not open for further replies.
L'Equipe broke twitter. I've been confident about this for a while. Dealings with Raiola this summer have made it possible. He's earned an absolute fortune from us this summer.

Yeah Raiola has had a very very good year from us without doubt. And if this goes through I read he was due to pocket £25m! He's set for life now that's for sure.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah Raiola has had a very very good year from us without doubt. And if this goes through I read he was due to pocket £25m! He's set for life now that's for sure.

Think I've heard more about this Raiola guy than the actual players! But if we can be a good part of this deal in regards to getting it done, then I don't mind hearing his name a little more.

Wonder if that'll be it for signings if this Pogba deal is completed! I would probably say yes.

Think I've heard more about this Raiola guy than the actual players! But if we can be a good part of this deal in regards to getting it done, then I don't mind hearing his name a little more.

Wonder if that'll be it for signings if this Pogba deal is completed! I would probably say yes.

I'd never heard of him before this summer, now I read about him every day! Fair play to him though... I wonder if he needs some support! :)

Umm I think it'll depend actually. I think if a couple of key squad players leave then he might be forced to sign more? I think he eluded to that in his first press conference? Basically saying he targeted 4 key areas, once they are done the window will still be open and we will see?

Put 250 pounds on this happening yesterday morning, for a potential win of around 72 pounds.. SkyBet were taking bets of up to 875 pounds on it - if I could have afforded to make that bet I would have. In truth I've been confident for awhile but the recent developments have all but confirmed it. It's fair for fans to believe that we have no chance of signing the top players - because that is what we have been used to the past while, however we are a different club now. We probably have the most financial power of any side in world football at present - and money talks.

On the financial side of things - I really find it laughable people are complaining about the price tag. The usual objection is 'we could buy three top class players out of that'.... Who are these top class players?! People say sign Kroos - erm, would Madrid let him go? No. Would he want to leave Madrid? Probably not. Would he cost much less than Pogba? Not now. In the current market Troy Deeney is worth 30 million, Moussa Sissoko 35 million and Andre Gomes 60 million! Also we have signed 4 centre midfielders the past few windows - Fellaini, Herrera, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger (combined fees of over 100 million)... All of them combined couldn't do + haven't done the job Pogba would do.

We have a good squad now - for me the best way to improve going forward would be to splash big on one or two big players in a window rather than 5 or 6 mediocre one's. Sometimes you have to settle for mediocre, but we shouldn't with the money we have.. Which obviously isn't the only draw with a club like ours.

Wow I really hope for your sake it does now happen! That's a small reward for a big risk mate. I agree that in the past we've tended to be more constrained in our spending but with Jose in charge I'm guessing he told them what had to change. I know we've spent big over the past few years but it's been quantity over quality.

Yeah I agree about the money side. It's a huge figure but that's the transfer market these days. And he's the kind of player we need so I really am not that bothered. I laugh at the figure but if it takes us back to the top it's worth it.

Yeah big risk but the way I look at it is I spend enough as it is on doomed 10 pound accumulators that have about a 10% chance of happening for the same return so I may as well lump on something that I'm 99% sure will happen. If it doesn't happen I'll just have to contend with not spending 250 pounds on alcohol over the next two weekends before I get paid again!

Yeah big risk but the way I look at it is I spend enough as it is on doomed 10 pound accumulators that have about a 10% chance of happening for the same return so I may as well lump on something that I'm 99% sure will happen. If it doesn't happen I'll just have to contend with not spending 250 pounds on alcohol over the next two weekends before I get paid again!

Fair enough mate and that's one way of looking at it. I know the bookies have this one pretty much done and dusted but I'm still hesitant. Not because I don't think we will offer enough money but because I'm still not convinced Pogba will definitely want to come back. I think the club will offer the £100m that Juve want, I'm just not sure he will sign? But then most people are saying the personal terms are agreed so who knows.

I think it's so far down the line they would have established off Pogba weeks ago if he was interested or not.. Seems just a bit of poker going on at the minute as to sort out the final details as to how the deal is structured. The actual bid itself seems to be the final stage of the process - clubs wouldn't bid unless they were sure the player wanted to join. Di Marzio reported a few weeks back an agreement was in place and from what a number of other reliable journalists have said - the only reason that United and Juve have been talking the past couple of days has been due to Pogba asking to leave. That has always been the condition - Juve would only negotiate if Pogba asked to leave.

Seems the only thing holding this up now is Raiola's fee, which shouldn't be an issue. Once that's signed off I'd imagine this will be confirmed over the next 2-3 days. Because of the money we are talking with this deal it is very unlikely any club, including Real, could come in last minute and hijack it the way we've seen other deals go by the wayside in recent years.

Yeah I can see the sense behind us having spoken with Pogba first... Certainly we have had the opportunities with Raiola being at Old Trafford so much... Well in dialogue with us anyway. Plus the other argument is that Jose won't be messing about. He identified 4 positions of need with 4 key players for each of them. If this deal was dragging on with no guarantee of Pogba wanting to come then they'd have moved on to their second target I'm sure of it.

Yeah exactly, it wouldn't have gone this far down the line if they weren't confident of pulling it off.

Jose Mourinho happy on the transfer front - Official Manchester United Website

Jose Mourinho is confident Manchester United will continue to enjoy a good transfer window this summer following the acquisition of Eric Bailly, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

The manager was inevitably asked about the speculation regarding Juventus star Paul Pogba when he held a press conference to preview Friday's opening game of Tour 2016, presented by Aon, against Borussia Dortmund.

"I don't confirm and I don't deny," the boss replied when asked directly about the France midfielder. "I cannot tell you.

"First of all because I don't think it is correct to talk about players at other clubs. He is a Juventus player, not a Manchester United player. All I can say is my board and directors did fantastic work to do 75 per cent of the job I asked them to do.

"I asked them for four players, four profiles of players I needed and I gave them options. So 75 per cent of the job is done. We have just 25 per cent left to do until 31 August. We are in great conditions to have what I would consider to be a good market for us.

"We are calm. We know the kind of players we want. We have three faces to fill the profile and I am really confident Mr [Ed] Woodward and the owners will get the player I want to have the good balance."

If that's not Jose basically saying it's going to happen I don't know what is! If you aren't serious about landing a player you outright deny your interest. He's not done that and I think this deal could be wrapped up in the next few days... I guess with Pogba still being away it might take another couple of weeks before he's stood holding the United Jersey?

I think it will be announced to coincide with kit launch. Pogba will be the new poster boy. Read on Twiiee Friday.

Yes gotta milk it for all its worth. That's why Jose is on Instagram lol

Pogba-Manchester United, Raiola flying towards Miami to link up with the player: the latest - GianlucaDiMarzio.com - Il vostro sito di calciomercato.
Pogba-Manchester, it’s the final stretch. Mino Raiola, the Frenchman’s agent, has just left for Miami to link-up with his client: another signal of the fact that we have arrived at the key moments in the negotiation. Negotiations between Juventus and Manchester United are at a very advanced stage, with the red devils looking for the final agreement and the right percentage to give Raiola. Real Madrid also made moves, but the merengues still don’t have an agreement for the player’s wages and no surprises are expected. United remains far, far ahead in the race with Pogba looking very close to a move back to Old Trafford.

Hmm very interesting... Is this for real?! Or is he playing a game with Juve?

I can't imagine you'd have two other fall back deals ready to go just in case? That then really is saying to those players that they are very much second choice?

Hang on what now?! They have paid €94m Euros for Higuain? Jesus the transfer market has gone beyond nuts.

This is going to fall down on the basis of not agreeing the figure with Raolia isn't it?

You'd hope and think so yeah... But I don't trust agents these days! He could scupper this deal for his player. Let's be fair here he was the reason Pogba left in the first place.

How any agent could argue that he should get such a ridiculous amount is beyond me.

This is getting boring now, just get it done already. I'm still confident it will happen, but the longer this goes on, the more twitchy I will get.

Yeah I agree mate... I'm getting twitchy as all the reports suggest the deal is there but it's an agent issue! And that in itself is a real worry.

It really is a gage of agent power now, when a deal can be held up because of a disagreement about the agent payment. I feel the forthcoming week is the important one, if it doesn't go through in the next 7 days then I can't see it going through at all!

Yeah if it's going to happen I think it will be next week or not at all.

I'm sure if Jose feels he is getting messed about he will pull the plug and move on to the next target! Raiola can only get away with this for so long and it's a ridiculous situation that an agent holds so much power. Plus how wrong is it the apparently he's after £20m+? That's insane just for one transfer.

So many rumours from different journalists, it's becoming a little farcical.
Surely if it's this close, it doesn't take long to sort out an agent fee! Feel likes we are being led up the garden path a bit. I hope Jose has got an attitude of if we don't sign him within a week, then move onto other targets, we can't afford to wait a month for Pogba and then he doesn't come, then we are in a sticky situation scrambling around to sign someone.

I'm sure that's exactly what Jose is thinking mate. He won't be messed about and there is no way he'll let an agent mess us about.

My theory? Real are back in for him and he wants to go to them. That's what this hold up is all about.

I think United are waiting until Mourinho is back in Manchester. I think the club will want maximum exposure for breaking the transfer record and signing the first £100m player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back