Mason Mount

Can't believe we are missing out on Bellingham and Rice and being forced to get bloody Mount. What a Big fall in quality.

Don't know why you are getting so giddy about it, they are all totally different players, Rice and Mount always start together for England and on occasions all three played together. And if we had a bottomless pit we might well go for all three, but we don't.

oh, ok! So that rules out the rest of the UK then!

homegrown quote only applies to players developed in England and Wales before the age of 21, the majority of players that meet that requirement will be English.

Also, yeah I’d quite like to see some English lads in the side there is plenty of quality English players knocking about these days and Utd have lost their knack of securing the best home grown talent at a young age in the last decade.

If the rest of the UK can produce some world class talent then they are welcome to join too ;)

Utd need to buy 1 maybe 2 attackers this summer that might mean we are going for the cheaper option in midfield with Mount at 50m rather than Caicedo, Bellingham or Rice who will all be over 75m.

The money isn’t unlimited.

homegrown quote only applies to players developed in England and Wales before the age of 21, the majority of players that meet that requirement will be English.

Also, yeah I’d quite like to see some English lads in the side there is plenty of quality English players knocking about these days and Utd have lost their knack of securing the best home grown talent at a young age in the last decade.

If the rest of the UK can produce some world class talent then they are welcome to join too ;)
I will let you off. Taffy won't!

Utd need to buy 1 maybe 2 attackers this summer that might mean we are going for the cheaper option in midfield with Mount at 50m rather than Caicedo, Bellingham or Rice who will all be over 75m.

No we need one striker, 2 is luxury. Sell Maguire (30m), Mctominay (25m), Fred (25m), Martial (10m), Henderson (30m), Telles (10m), Bailly (8m). Buy Caicedo(85m), Hojlund (60m), Gravenberch or Kone (40m), Thuram (free), Kim jae (50m). Net spend 97m. Done

It might be if MrC's wee pal gets the gig and we can become the next City

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No we need one striker, 2 is luxury. Sell Maguire (30m), Mctominay (25m), Fred (25m), Martial (10m), Henderson (30m), Telles (10m), Bailly (8m). Buy Caicedo(85m), Hojlund (60m), Gravenberch or Kone (40m), Thuram (free), Kim jae (50m). Net spend 97m. Done

No 2 is essential we have no strikers at the club currently you need 2 options.

Also, we can all chuck numbers around but I’d be surprised if the fees received are anywhere near those numbers. We will do well to get any fee for Martial and Bailly due to the wages and performance over the last 4 years.

Also, does Caicedo want to come?

No 2 is essential we have no strikers at the club currently you need 2 options.

Also, we can all chuck numbers around but I’d be surprised if the fees received are anywhere near those numbers. We will do well to get any fee for Martial and Bailly due to the wages and performance over the last 4 years.

Also, does Caicedo want to come?

Depends if Mason Greenwood comes back into the fold or not, and it's looking more likely he will the longer it drags on - if he was definitely leaving United would just have paid up his contract or a high % of it by now - the thought the club is waiting until the takeover is completed and leaving the decision on what to do with MG to the new owners(if there is to be one)is a nonsense.

Depends if Mason Greenwood comes back into the fold or not, and it's looking more likely he will the longer it drags on - if he was definitely leaving United would just have paid up his contract or a high % of it by now - the thought the club is waiting until the takeover is completed and leaving the decision on what to do with MG to the new owners(if there is to be one)is a nonsense.

I suspect they’re covering all bases before making a decision.

Last rumours I saw were he will go out on loan for a season before being sold and that he has no future at the club.

Hopefully he doesn’t come back I don’t care how good he is what I heard was horrific and I don’t want to cheer on players with that sort of behaviour in their character.

same, he shouldn't play for us again.

I did wonder, as the case was dropped, it might not be that easy for us to break his contract.

I did wonder, as the case was dropped, it might not be that easy for us to break his contract.
Why break it ? Just sell the kid and generate money. We will need it in the long run

Guess it’s a much lower threshold of guilt to reach. They just need to show his behaviour demonstrates gross misconduct and it is not safe for him to be on club premises.

Employment law does make it very tough to sack people in the UK. If they did sack him they could potentially sue him for damages like Chelsea did with Mutu when he failed a drugs test.

I think it’ll be a loan or sale for him I suspect he wants to get out of the country as quick as possible.

I suspect they’re covering all bases before making a decision.

Last rumours I saw were he will go out on loan for a season before being sold and that he has no future at the club.

Hopefully he doesn’t come back I don’t care how good he is what I heard was horrific and I don’t want to cheer on players with that sort of behaviour in their character.

If he had just been an okay player someone who was expected to have a solid if unremarkable career he would have been moved on by now, but he is/was a potential superstar and sadly that will come into the clubs thinking, and/or maybe the club feel they are partly to blame as that side of his nature(if it's all true mind, and i'm not sure we are getting the whole picture))developed whilst he was in their care and they feel somewhat responsible for not picking up on it early and doing something sooner.

If he leaves United I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves the game for good, there's just nowhere he can go, in the eyes of the internet world he was guilty before it even went to trial. He's OJ Simpson guilty, mind .... nah best not ....

Just not sure how I would feel if he plays for United again, I suspect I'll soon find out. If he's in the pre-season touring squad he'll be staying, probably ....

Purely on ability if we can get him for under £60m it's a no-brainer, end of, just not sure how I would feel if we signed him knowing that when all the Chelsea players were under strict orders to self-isolate he ignored it and met up with Declan Rice for a kick-about, not the crime of the century but .... It's not been right at Chelsea for him since, mmmm

If he had just been an okay player someone who was expected to have a solid if unremarkable career he would have been moved on by now, but he is/was a potential superstar and sadly that will come into the clubs thinking, and/or maybe the club feel they are partly to blame as that side of his nature(if it's all true mind, and i'm not sure we are getting the whole picture))developed whilst he was in their care and they feel somewhat responsible for not picking up on it early and doing something sooner.

If he leaves United I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves the game for good, there's just nowhere he can go, in the eyes of the internet world he was guilty before it even went to trial. He's OJ Simpson guilty, mind .... nah best not ....

Just not sure how I would feel if he plays for United again, I suspect I'll soon find out. If he's in the pre-season touring squad he'll be staying, probably ....
I am not against second chances if the circumstances and person merit such a chance. It's in the hands of the club, if they decide to bring him back I will consider it he is accepted back into the fold and draw a line under it.

Sound like a saga.
Chelsea doesn't want to drop the price, we keep asking them to drop the price, rinse and repeat. Time wasting untill the end of the summer.We should tell Mount to put the pressure on Chelsea or forget it untill next year for free.

For €80m, we should tell them to sod right off and move on. If we insist on him then we should be like £40m take it or leave it. He’s out of contract next year and is coming off a poor season, so Chelsea aren’t in a prime negotiating position.

I suspect this one will start to move quite quickly when the right people start talking but we're now in that time of the year where most of the football world goes on holiday after the long season.

If Utd are serious about doing this deal then I reckon it'll be done early early July so that he's in for pre season. If he's just a player on a list of candidates then it'll probably drag on longer.

No one is going to pay £70m for Mason Mount if he was worth that money they'd be offering him the sort of wages he feels he's worth.

I suspect this one will start to move quite quickly when the right people start talking but we're now in that time of the year where most of the football world goes on holiday after the long season.

If Utd are serious about doing this deal then I reckon it'll be done early early July so that he's in for pre season. If he's just a player on a list of candidates then it'll probably drag on longer.

No one is going to pay £70m for Mason Mount if he was worth that money they'd be offering him the sort of wages he feels he's worth.
Don't enter in there game.
Move on, there is better player for 80m, no doubt.

£40m bid rejected I really hope we don't go back in or chase him all summer.

£40m is more than he's worth.

Should offer £45m + £10m in dodgy add-ons, offer expires in 48 hours, take it or leave it. Or we'll have him for nowt next year.

£40m is already at the very top end of what I think we should bid! We could maybe add another £5m off but if Chelsea want to play silly buggers then I would say tada Boehly.

Can see Newcastle are in talks for a deal for Barella for £50m. Would rather us spend £50m on him than on Mount. But we do have a tendency to get our midfield signings horribly wrong apart from Casemiro/Bruno.

£40m is already at the very top end of what I think we should bid! We could maybe add another £5m off but if Chelsea want to play silly buggers then I would say tada Boehly.

Can see Newcastle are in talks for a deal for Barella for £50m. Would rather us spend £50m on him than on Mount. But we do have a tendency to get our midfield signings horribly wrong apart from Casemiro/Bruno.

You've been in the Sun too long Rash, you forgot Fred. LOL

£40m was a sensible opening offer.

Guess we see how things go from here

The main problem with our pursuit of Mount is that we've not really been linked to any other players that play the same position as him, there's no harm Chelsea thinking we may move on to somebody else if no progress is made on a deal, as it is there's nothing for them to worry about - Arsenal and Liverpool may come back into the mix for his signature and if they do Chelsea will get closer to what they want anyway.

Pay up or move on methinks.

he main problem with our pursuit of Mount is that we've not really been linked to any other players
I was reading today that we would move on to Caicedo if a deal for Mount can't be reached. Problem is, he's a popular guy and could be gone soon. A few teams are chasing him. And I'm surprised Arsenal aren't targetting him above Rice, based on the money required to buy them.

I'd love us to get Rice, but the money being asked for him is way too much. I'd pay 75m for Rice, but even that is too much really.

Mount, I'm not going to write him off before he's arrived, but when I watch England, I just don't see what he does. He's not an exciting signing, lets say that.

I suspect no one really knows where Utd are actually looking.

They think there's a chance to get an early deal done for Mount as Chelsea have got to start shifting players but I can see why they wouldn't want to be seen to "discount" the first man out the door as it sends a message that they're selling cheap.

Hopefully Utd have got a number of options on the table for each position, it sounds like Mount is the first choice so they've moved first if Chelsea aren't going to budge they need to move on quickly. Hopefully they've learned that lesson from last summer with De Jong.

I suspect no one really knows where Utd are actually looking.

They think there's a chance to get an early deal done for Mount as Chelsea have got to start shifting players but I can see why they wouldn't want to be seen to "discount" the first man out the door as it sends a message that they're selling cheap.

Hopefully Utd have got a number of options on the table for each position, it sounds like Mount is the first choice so they've moved first if Chelsea aren't going to budge they need to move on quickly. Hopefully they've learned that lesson from last summer with De Jong.
Sorry, but they learn nothing. We will act stupid again and again for Mount. I Can garanty you, we will be there all July Trying to get a discount.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back