Mason Mount

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not for me.

Rashford and Bruno are better in his two favourite positions and he’s coming off a poor season.

The price and wages would need to be very low to justify it. He’d be a better option than Van De Beek but Mount is going to be £50m+ and £200k a week I just don’t think he’s worth that money.

Not buying the Mount link.

He's clearly up for sale in the last month I've seen him linked to Utd, Arsenal and Newcastle.

I'm sure people will have an eye on him, I think he's a good player but in the same story it said they value him at more than £55m which to me is way to high.

He just isn't what we need in the squad right now we've got enough players of his ilk in the squad number 10's/left forward is his position.

Not buying the Mount link.

He's clearly up for sale in the last month I've seen him linked to Utd, Arsenal and Newcastle.

I'm sure people will have an eye on him, I think he's a good player but in the same story it said they value him at more than £55m which to me is way to high.

He just isn't what we need in the squad right now we've got enough players of his ilk in the squad number 10's/left forward is his position.

How is it high for a regular England international midfielder when you have to pay circa £50m for a decent defender?

How is it high for a regular England international midfielder when you have to pay circa £50m for a decent defender?

His contract expires in 1 year and he’s coming off the back of a poor season. 24 games, 3 goals, 2 assists, 3 big chances created.

Phillips went to City for 42m plus add ons up to 45m I’d say that is a more realistic fee for Mount.

Plenty of decent centre backs went for under 50m in the last few years. Bottman, Ikanji, Varane, Gabriel, Saliba, Konate off the top of my head.

Chelsea are desperate to sell if Utd are going in they should be taking the piss and seriously low balling the offer.

I like him and think he’s a decent player my guess is ETH must feel he can convert him into that Eriksen role and Mount has fantastic work rate.

His contract expires in 1 year and he’s coming off the back of a poor season. 24 games, 3 goals, 2 assists, 3 big chances created.

Phillips went to City for 42m plus add ons up to 45m I’d say that is a more realistic fee for Mount.

Plenty of decent centre backs went for under 50m in the last few years. Bottman, Ikanji, Varane, Gabriel, Saliba, Konate off the top of my head.

Chelsea are desperate to sell if Utd are going in they should be taking the piss and seriously low balling the offer.

I like him and think he’s a decent player my guess is ETH must feel he can convert him into that Eriksen role and Mount has fantastic work rate.

Doesn't really matter if there are enough clubs interested, and I'm guessing there will be.

Phillips a defensive thug v Mount a creative schemer mmmmmm

All minus the England tax

They were desperate to sell Mata but they saw us coming, hope we have learned since then, if we want him obviously, one never knows these days ....

Take him or leave him, not overly fussed either way.

If Mount says he wants to go to Utd it doesn’t matter how many clubs come in and what they offer, the player in this situation holds a lot of power. Raphina last season was a good example the player wanted Barca so it didn’t matter that other clubs made better offers Leeds had to do the deal with Barca.

Chelsea have to get a deal done with the club Mount wants to go to and Utd have to be willing to set a price and say that’s it if you won’t accept we walk away and go with someone else. If we are at 55m and they are at 80m I would guess we might already be at that point.
Anthony Gordon (a younger version of Mount) who’s English went for £40m plus 5m add ons in January to Newcastle he still had 2.5 years on his deal at that point.

The Mata deal was just a silly deal it was a panic move by a manager/chief exec who had ballsed up the summer goi g for a player that the team simply didn’t need. As long as Rooney was around Mata was never going to fit into that side and he was not a Moyes style player, Chelsea massively had our pants down.

That one summed up the Woodward era I hope the Arnold/Murtough era will be a bit more disciplined in how they handle negotiations for players.

Think parents who use the same letter as the first letter in a child's Christian and Surname should be banned from having any more kids, i'm sorry but it just looks wrong.

I'm really not sure what it is he does or contributes to be honest.

Intrigued to find out if ETH can do something with him, or if he's just another Fred

In recent seasons he's been one of Chelsea's better players and the people I work with who are season ticket holders all like him said until this season he's their most consistent player.

He is good at taking the ball in tight spaces and moving it quickly.
Creates changes
Chips in with some goals
Works hard to recover the ball when it's lost.

I trust ETH he must see something in him that he likes if he's bringing him in as he must be looking to use him in the way he's used Eriksen. I didn't think Eriksen would be able to play that deep and be effective but he's done a decent job he just can't run for 90 minutes anymore.

In recent seasons he's been one of Chelsea's better players and the people I work with who are season ticket holders all like him said until this season he's their most consistent player.

He is good at taking the ball in tight spaces and moving it quickly.
Creates changes
Chips in with some goals
Works hard to recover the ball when it's lost.

I trust ETH he must see something in him that he likes if he's bringing him in as he must be looking to use him in the way he's used Eriksen. I didn't think Eriksen would be able to play that deep and be effective but he's done a decent job he just can't run for 90 minutes anymore.
Don't want.
We need leg power of a box to box player. If we buy from the PL only, i want Caicedo. He is a way better choice than bloody Mount. What can we do with another 10 in the team ? We need a 8 to link Casemiro with Bruno.

Don't want.
We need leg power of a box to box player. If we buy from the PL only, i want Caicedo. He is a way better choice than bloody Mount. What can we do with another 10 in the team ? We need a 8 to link Casemiro with Bruno.

If money was no object and they wanted to come I'd take Caicedo and Rice over Mount but I do think the midfielder who comes in needs to provide some creativity with that power if they're replacing Eriksen.

My guess is with Mount he'd look to play Casemiro as the number 6 with 2 8's either side in Mount and Bruno. I'd be worried that leaves us a little bit lightweight physically but I do think he'll be looking for Bruno to play more like an 8 next season to help with ball retention.

If money was no object and they wanted to come I'd take Caicedo and Rice over Mount but I do think the midfielder who comes in needs to provide some creativity with that power if they're replacing Eriksen.

My guess is with Mount he'd look to play Casemiro as the number 6 with 2 8's either side in Mount and Bruno. I'd be worried that leaves us a little bit lightweight physically but I do think he'll be looking for Bruno to play more like an 8 next season to help with ball retention.
Bruno and Mount are not 8 there are 10. Both can't drive with the ball and Mount doesn't have the engine to play 8. Sorry, but i rather Caicedo all day of the week. He Can create and score goals

Unlike Rice, and providing Chelsea ain't silly buggers on his fee, he would be a very useful experienced(relative to his age)squad/rotational player who would help greatly with the homegrown quotas, something fans tend to overlook when they compile their I want him and I want him and I want him to leave lists.

Rice is a no-brainer.

Bruno and Mount are not 8 there are 10. Both can't drive with the ball and Mount doesn't have the engine to play 8. Sorry, but i rather Caicedo all day of the week. He Can create and score goals

Can we get him though? The reason we might not be going for Caicedo is we can't afford him or he's already decided he wants to go somewhere else as plenty of clubs will be in for him.

Everyone thought De Bruyne and Silva were number 10's before Pep made them a number 8 and same could be said for Eriksen this season.

Mount and Bruno aren't going to be Roy Keane or Paul Ince in their prime dominating box to box for 90 minutes but as a pair with Casemiro they could give Utd the controlled possession that has been missing.

Mount would not be my first choice but I can see the logic of where he might be thinking and as @Justin Cider pointed out the home grown quota could become a bit of an issue for this squad if players like Maguire/Heaton/Butland/McTominay were to depart.

Can we get him though? The reason we might not be going for Caicedo is we can't afford him or he's already decided he wants to go somewhere else as plenty of clubs will be in for him.

Everyone thought De Bruyne and Silva were number 10's before Pep made them a number 8 and same could be said for Eriksen this season.

Mount and Bruno aren't going to be Roy Keane or Paul Ince in their prime dominating box to box for 90 minutes but as a pair with Casemiro they could give Utd the controlled possession that has been missing.

Mount would not be my first choice but I can see the logic of where he might be thinking and as @Justin Cider pointed out the home grown quota could become a bit of an issue for this squad if players like Maguire/Heaton/Butland/McTominay were to depart.
De bruyne and Silva have perfect close control, they Can drive with the ball.Bruno and Mount can't do it so they can't be converted to good 8. Ok for the home grown rule, just get Rice and let Greenwood play again, that will be much better than shoe horning number 10 to 8. Mount doesn't have the engine to play the position.

Sure that's why United are going so hard for Frimpong over say Dumfries and Hakimi who will both be available for a similar fee and much better suited to the Premier League.

De bruyne and Silva have perfect close control, they Can drive with the ball.Bruno and Mount can't do it so they can't be converted to good 8. Ok for the home grown rule, just get Rice and let Greenwood play again, that will be much better than shoe horning number 10 to 8. Mount doesn't have the engine to play the position.

Not sure what you've been watching but his engine and the fact he plays for Chelsea are two of the more obvious reasons why he got picked for England so young, and keeps getting picked.

Not sure what you've been watching but his engine and the fact he plays for Chelsea are two of the more obvious reasons why he got picked for England so young, and keeps getting picked.
Sorry to disagree, but i see no willing to fight for the ball in Mount. Caicedo is the Real deal

He's not made the latest squad ;)

He's not made the latest squad ;)

Might be something to do with the fact he's got a pelvic injury and has only played 16 minutes in the last 16 PL games, or maybe he's just asked for time off in the Summer to go house hunting in Cheshire and Southgate has got the hump.

Sorry to disagree, but i see no willing to fight for the ball in Mount. Caicedo is the Real deal

The ability to get around the pitch for 90 minutes and having fight are two totally different things.

Won't help with the quotas and is probably Spain bound anyway. Now about Gravenberch ;)

I don't think letting Greenwood play again should be determined by his status as a home grown player or not.

Mount 100% has the engine to play that position my worry is does he have the intelligence to play that position it's a very tricky role to grasp knowing the time when you need to push forward and when you need to stay behind the ball.

I don't really think Mount is a number 10 either to me his best games for club and country have always been on the left of the 3 behind the striker.

Wouldn't do any harm having another player that has got the experience of winning the Champions League in the squad either.

Might be something to do with the fact he's got a pelvic injury and has only played 16 minutes in the last 16 PL games, or maybe he's just asked for time off in the Summer to go house hunting in Cheshire and Southgate has got the hump.

Must have a new girlfriend.

Didn't even know he was injured, haven't seen many Chelsea games in the second half of the season just assumed he was out of favour.

Must have a new girlfriend.

Didn't even know he was injured, haven't seen many Chelsea games in the second half of the season just assumed he was out of favour.

With Chelsea not being relevant this season I didn't either. But he's basically missed the 2nd-half of the season, and it can't all be down to his new girlfriend, I know some are more adventurous in the boudoir or just plain rough(physically), but ....

Probably wouldn’t even take him on a free to be honest, let alone for £50m. For years we have been spending stupid money on average players and I don’t see Mount as being any more effective than Fred is.

The only english player we should go for is Rice and Bellingham not Mount, not Kane we have enough mediocrity in the midfield to add another ok player,we need Real quality, someone who dominate the game. Kane is too old for his Price tag, let him rot at Spurs for life.

Probably wouldn’t even take him on a free to be honest, let alone for £50m. For years we have been spending stupid money on average players and I don’t see Mount as being any more effective than Fred is.
Exactly, we need young top quality

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back