Manchester City Discussion 2023/24

I still think they'll eventually click and just go on a silly run but the more points they drop the more you think maybe this is going to be a season where they are off it and others will have a chance if they can get themselves a good points total.

Yeah I would never count City out, they could easily click into gear and win the next 10-12 games.

They do very much miss Gundogan. It’s also crazy to say but Haaland is missing a lot of chances - even though he is still scoring at a goal a game level.

I keep thinking they’ll click and come good and charge to the title but there’s definitely something missing this season.

As for Ederson lucky boy guess the fact it happened on the corner of the box rather than in the middle saved him

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Former United Academy grad, and recent City player Harrison puts Everton 1-0 up at HT

Everton had City on the ropes for a spell there.

Dyche has got them flying this year.

Turned it around now 1-2.

City do look a bit fragile if Everton can build up a head of steam again they could easily snatch a point.

Haaland out until the new year, De Bruyne expected to return in January as well.

City aren’t putting a timeframe on his problem even if he was out for a month he’s only going to miss 2 league games as January is very quiet in the league with the winter break.

What an absolute wrong’un this guy is.

Think his off field behaviour has always been questionable, can't keep it in his trousers and he was lucky his partner took him back the last time.

He'll be divorced and broke within a few years of retiring.

Walker being a tit again. Tried to sell a foul for a penalty earlier in the game. Then followed it up with some sort of strange childish display. Pep going stupid too, like it was 100% a pen. They're pathetic.

They're losing 0-1.

Please see it out Chelsea.

Cry more Kyle Walker. ahaha.

I know this will be unpopular but they’d be my pick for the title between the 3 fighting it out. Liverpool are just the worst and well I just don’t like Arteta.

I think they’re still definitely favourites to win the league but they don’t look the all conquering team they did. We are the only team in the top 6 they’ve beaten this season.

They're very vulnerable to counter attacks this season, Chelsea had so many chances on the break but didn't take them.

Other side of that is they created so many chances that on another day they score 3 or 4.

Haaland had a rare off day.

Anyway the City Football group now own a club in Turkey so wasn't a bad weekend for them.

De Bruyne with 4 assists for his first 4 goals, why or why was it not a League game, Just think of those FPL points ....

yeah let's marvel at City signing a player that won't be able to play in England till 2028!

Fab Romano is paid by agents/clubs for these posts, that's the modern world.

I'm sure they'll park him in their group of clubs over the next few years as they've done with other players.

Rumours that they're looking to move Grealish on in the summer.

They're far from perfect but what they do well is sell players on at the right time and because they are successful their squad players hold their value.

Not a huge market for Grealish though he's on big wages rumoured to be £300k a week and still has 3 years on his City contract so if they did decide to sell there's not many clubs that could afford him.

I don't think any of their buys this summer have looked amazing. Doku showed some early promise but he's very hit and miss feels like teams have worked him out a bit now and Nunes and Gvardiol haven't made massive impacts.

I know teams set up to stifle City but their football is so boring and robotic. The atmosphere is awful as well for a massive game.

It has a feeling of uncertainty about it this one - players seem a little tentative and it's obvious why. This result could well decide who wins the league or challenges Liverpool for pace. City haven't been their best this season and I would probably rule out them having no other point losses after this game, I feel there are more points waiting to be dropped. It's a big game for them, they must win IMO.

Crap game to watch though I agree. Hopefully the second half is when the teams open the game up.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back