Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard someone say the other day back in the day if United had won the title and got wind of one of the teams below going for Sancho we’d have been straight in and pipped the to the deal. Not just to make us stronger but to stop them strengthening.

I'm not sure it's the biggest priority, I still think that's defence and midfield but Sancho would make a huge difference in terms of quality obviously but also depth. Front 3 have all had to play too regularly at times, being able to rotate that front 3 for every game will be very beneficial. Not sure it's the best for Greenwood to be playing every game either at his age. And whoever is on the bench we will be able to bring a match winner on if needed, something we've often lacked the season just gone and for a number of years before that too.

Also for the likes of James and Lingard, it means they can perform more of a Park role rather than expecting them to play every game and contribute regularly.

I heard someone say the other day back in the day if United had won the title and got wind of one of the teams below going for Sancho we’d have been straight in and pipped the to the deal. Not just to make us stronger but to stop them strengthening.

Was certainly the case on Rooney and Jones as soon as a rival went for them we pounced as Fergie didn’t want other clubs getting the top English talent.

Can’t see Liverpool doing that deal when they backed off Werner at 50m their CEO warned after they went back on furlough that covid will have a big impact on them.

Most clubs are forecasting big losses in revenue and I don’t think Liverpool’s owners are the type to pump in their own cash short term to see them through.

Unless they’re planning a big sale I can’t see how they go for Sancho.

We need this announced soon! we need the mental boost with Chelsea and City already getting deals over the line. All we need now is to hear Arsenal have signed Grealish.

Is this what City have done with Ake? After all I didnt hear them linked with him but we were.

The City rumours were pretty strong about 2 weeks ago. They’re in desperate need of 2 CB’s. (Maybe even 3 if the reports that Stones is off to Arsenal are correct)

Ake to City has been a rumour for a few windows now think they even bid in January but Bournemouth asked for silly money and Chelsea had some sort of option which made it more complicated. That option I believe has expired so City can now get a free run at him.

Sounds like they’re going for 2 CBs this summer they didn’t replace Kompany last summer, I doubt they see Garcia as an option and Pep clearly doesn’t fancy Stones anymore.

I reckon City could be big spenders this summer with the ban now out the way and FFP relaxed next season I think they might try and rebuild a bit this summer.

Talk of £/€60m upfront and another £/€60m in installments, negotiating on how the installments will be paid.

This seems to back up those claims. If the article is right, also looking at a centre forward, a midfielder and – if sales and budget permit – a centre-half.

Would be a big statement to make 4 signings. Some talk of us wanting Raul Jimenez as the striker and that interest has really stepped up since we qualified for the CL. Wolves players not on great wages and can see a few of them wanting to better themselves both financially and footballing terms, personally would love Neves.

Rashfords latest Insta post is him and Sancho. Surely not coincidence. And vice versa from Sancho. I know both their post are about racism. But they could have easily included Sterling and Trent or Rashford could have used Martial/Lingard.

The Jimenez talk did the rounds over the winter can see why we might want him but Wolves would demand a silly fee from another prem club could easily be talking 60m for a 29 year old striker which is double what they paid. Was talk Juve want him as well and if they had to sell I reckon they’d sell for less to an Italian club. I’d love to get him think he’s class but the fee would probably make it to hard a deal for us to do the only thing I’d say is our other strikers are young so signing him on a high fee might not be a major problem if you think in 2 years you might still get 20m for him.

As for the Sancho talk lots of different people saying different things we’ve heard it all before with Utd last summer we had it with Sancho, De Ligt, Bruno and then in January with Haaland. Utd transfer talk is click bait gold.

Utd are the only club in for him I’m sure Utd will want to get that fee down but we saw with AWB and Maguire and Fernandes the price is the price and clubs know eventually Utd will cough up the cash. So unless we can find a genuine alternative my guess is Dortmund will stand tough with us.

The only way that fee comes down is if we have a player they might want the only one I can see them considering would be Dalot. They’ve just lost their right back they have a good record of developing talent if they think they can get him back on track then they might take him only other one I think they’d maybe take would be Bailly as he’s still young but injuries have done for him.

My feeling is that it's coming more from player's end. Wants better wage and CL football. I'd be surprised if we want him at the age of 29, doesn't seem to be our thing these days but he's still got hunger to win things and would offer something the other strikers don't and we will absolutely need more options in attack to compete domestically and in Europe.

My feeling is that it's coming more from player's end. Wants better wage and CL football. I'd be surprised if we want him at the age of 29, doesn't seem to be our thing these days but he's still got hunger to win things and would offer something the other strikers don't and we will absolutely need more options in attack to compete domestically and in Europe.

His agent is basically the director of football at Wolves the one and only Jorge Mendes.

My guess is they probably would cash in but only at a silly price as that is surely their business model they want to buy develop then sell for profit.

I doubt Jimenez will ever be higher priced.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Need to get this wrapped as soon as. Tired of us being slow in the transfer market.

Our season isn’t finished and you’re already getting your knickers in a twist over transfers.

I’m sure cigs are moving in the background speed suits all parties but if Utd can’t afford the fee they might need to wait.

Talk of a deadline is nonsense if Utd turn up a week later with the 120m asking price do you really think Dortmund won’t sell? Like everyone they have until October to buy a replacement.

I still think 120m is a ridiculous asking price but City apparently get a big chunk of it through the sell on clause in the Sancho deal so that explains why it’s being pushed higher.

Our season isn’t finished and you’re already getting your knickers in a twist over transfers.

I’m sure cigs are moving in the background speed suits all parties but if Utd can’t afford the fee they might need to wait.

Talk of a deadline is nonsense if Utd turn up a week later with the 120m asking price do you really think Dortmund won’t sell? Like everyone they have until October to buy a replacement.

I still think 120m is a ridiculous asking price but City apparently get a big chunk of it through the sell on clause in the Sancho deal so that explains why it’s being pushed higher.
I think protracted transfers are a sign of weakness. When a big club wants a player, they get the player ASAP and move on, which is something I can't remember us doing in a long time. Getting our transfer targets early - like as soon as the window opens - shows that the club has been planning and strategizing for ages, and that they have reputation and resources to attract the best players. Dithering over a few million pounds here or there, or moving on from target 1 to target 2 makes us look inept and like we are staffed by clowns.

I think protracted transfers are a sign of weakness. When a big club wants a player, they get the player ASAP and move on, which is something I can't remember us doing in a long time. Getting our transfer targets early - like as soon as the window opens - shows that the club has been planning and strategizing for ages, and that they have reputation and resources to attract the best players. Dithering over a few million pounds here or there, or moving on from target 1 to target 2 makes us look inept and like we are staffed by clowns.

AWB was done immediately last season one for you to remember.

Dithering over a few million pounds here or there.... lol :rolleyes:
Yeah, Ed dicked around all summer over Maguire trying to save a few million but ultimately paid their asking price, and meanwhile denied Ole the chance to get Maguire bedded in. A few million to billionaires like the Glazers is like a couple bob to you and me.

You and IDFD both pick strange things to get contentious over.

Yeah, Ed dicked around all summer over Maguire trying to save a few million but ultimately paid their asking price, and meanwhile denied Ole the chance to get Maguire bedded in. A few million to billionaires like the Glazers is like a couple bob to you and me.

You and IDFD both pick strange things to get contentious over.
Contentious.... lol
You pick a strange case to attempt to justify your statement. Every man and his dog knows we paid well over the odds for Maguire. Are you suggesting we should just bow to the demands of the selling club every time we are in for a player?
Throw money around like confetti and pay the United Tax on demand?

If he’s here on the first day of pre season then happy days signing him now when he’s of no use to us seems rather pointless.

You lot sound like an estate agent/car salesman’s dream.

Utd know the player they want is priced way above the market price, they also know in 12 months time that price will half but when it does other parties may enter the bidding.

The board can’t win he either pays to much and gets called clueless or they wait and negotiate and get called dithering.

I wasn’t being contentious about anything. You said you couldn’t remember a signing we’d got done early and quickly. I was giving you one.

City are doing business. Chelsea have done business. United wrapped up a CL place and should look to move quickly to secure the players they'll need to take another step forwards.

City are doing business. Chelsea have done business. United wrapped up a CL place and should look to move quickly to secure the players they'll need to take another step forwards.
I’m sure they’d love to move quickly but these are huge sums of money. revenues for next season still massively up in the air due to covid, we have a mountain of debt and we are being quoted high prices for any target while struggling to offload our own players. We have or had the second highest wage bill in world football that needs slashing quickly.

From the sound of it talks are on going with Dortmund over Sancho and also Lille for Gabriel.

We all know Utd need players but still weeks to go so don’t panic.

What’s it got to do with you any how’s ?

We all know Utd need players but still weeks to go so don’t panic.
I'm not panicking but then I'm sort of more neutral here. But I can understand why some fans are getting showing angst. Yes it is really early days but these are strange times, the off season will be very short so not much time for prep.

Contentious.... lol
You pick a strange case to attempt to justify your statement. Every man and his dog knows we paid well over the odds for Maguire. Are you suggesting we should just bow to the demands of the selling club every time we are in for a player?
Throw money around like confetti and pay the United Tax on demand?
As I have mentioned here previously, the only time the price matters is if it stops us from getting another target. If we pay 100M or 120M for Sancho, it doesn't matter because we were not going to get another of our targets for that 20M difference. I have also said I think we are getting 1 or 2 players in, and we are going to have a budget of around 150M - as we have had in recent years when the need to get back into the CL was as pressing as the need to compete for titles. If our two targets are going for 100M and 50M, or 110M and 60M, it's really not much of a difference to the Glazers. We are *not* signing two players for 100M each. So if, like Maguire, we spend all goddamn summer haggling over 5M, and end up paying it anyway, all we have done is harm our chances of bedding the players in and settling the squad early.

We haven’t harmed any chances. Transfer window has been open a week.

And we’ll get taken to the cleaners if we don’t negotiate and just accept their first price. You say £50m they say £120m and then you meet somewhere in the middle.

So I'm not allowed an opinion on things because I'm neutra? Do me a favour.
Ha, of course you are. I was just giving your cage a a gentle shake as it is obvious you are throwing your 2 bobs worth in support of your fellow American. A pair of buccaneers :) but you ain't got a clue about the football currency. You just think you have.

I'm not panicking but then I'm sort of more neutral here. But I can understand why some fans are getting showing angst. Yes it is really early days but these are strange times, the off season will be very short so not much time for prep.
Strangely, it seems it is only you and Cosmic who are showing angst. So I presume that is who you are talking about?

As I have mentioned here previously, the only time the price matters is if it stops us from getting another target. If we pay 100M or 120M for Sancho, it doesn't matter because we were not going to get another of our targets for that 20M difference. I have also said I think we are getting 1 or 2 players in, and we are going to have a budget of around 150M - as we have had in recent years when the need to get back into the CL was as pressing as the need to compete for titles. If our two targets are going for 100M and 50M, or 110M and 60M, it's really not much of a difference to the Glazers. We are *not* signing two players for 100M each. So if, like Maguire, we spend all goddamn summer haggling over 5M, and end up paying it anyway, all we have done is harm our chances of bedding the players in and settling the squad early.
You keep making statements in this thread such as:
" Dithering over a few million pounds here or there, or moving on from target 1 to target 2 makes us look inept and like we are staffed by clowns".
"A few million to billionaires like the Glazers is like a couple bob to you and me".
" If our two targets are going for 100M and 50M, or 110M and 60M, it's really not much of a difference to the Glazers".

What this tells me is, in considering these things I think about Manchester United's money and you and RichH think about the Glazers money.

It's all a nonsense, they both know what it will take to get the deal done, just do it and stop wasting everyones time and giving the press a feeding frenzy.

It's not like a CB where we need to sell to get space.

Just buy him and move onto other deals

You keep making statements in this thread such as:
" Dithering over a few million pounds here or there, or moving on from target 1 to target 2 makes us look inept and like we are staffed by clowns".
"A few million to billionaires like the Glazers is like a couple bob to you and me".
" If our two targets are going for 100M and 50M, or 110M and 60M, it's really not much of a difference to the Glazers".

What this tells me is, in considering these things I think about Manchester United's money and you and RichH think about the Glazers money.

Whatever gets spent is likely getting added to the debt just like every other years summer business the Glazers aren't putting a penny into this club quite the opposite so every penny does count.

As long as we get the players we want taking a week or two to negotiate the best deal possible to me seems sensible. At the end you might have to go pretty close to their asking price but why not try and save 5-10% and structure the deal in a way that helps you. The best type of deal is one where both parties feel like they've won and Dortmund seem to be prepared to let a lot of news out in public around this deal all the rumours seem to be coming out of Germany.

It's a tough one it's hard to see how the impact of Covid is only a 1 year impact on football surely it's going to take a few years to recover things to the way they once were. There's a big part of me that thinks spending that sort of money right now is incredibly reckless by the club. Then again it's not my money so if they're happy to spend it then spend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back