Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
What isn't spoken about enough is his attitude, he's got a bit of a chip by all accounts, do we really want to bring that into the club?

I'm not sure this deal looked nearly done the other day either, that's just red top talk. I keep reading we are far away from each other on fee.

It will be crushing to miss out on him but I'm not sure paying £110m on one player is good business. There are other players out there much, much cheaper. I know Sancho is the creme dela creme but that money is ridiculous. We could get 3 decent players out of that and bolster a squad that clearly after last night needs some intake. If we can do installments it would be better but still, it all adds up to the same amount in the end.

Chelsea got Ziyech for £30m or so.

I still think this is the usual Utd dance though and we will get him in time.

This one looked all but done the other day, now not so likely. I think it's going to drag and I think United will miss out on him in the end through their own stupidity and stubbornness.

No one at Utd said this was anywhere near done all the reports are from Germany where Dortmund are trying to force Utd's hand.

If we can't afford to pay £110m for a player then that isn't stupidity or stubbornness that's reality of life or business you can't spend what you don't have.

A deal might get done and it might still be for a lot of money but Utd need to do everything they can to force that price down even if it only saves £1m that's still £1m in our bank and not theirs.

If we can't afford to pay £110m for a player then that isn't stupidity or stubbornness that's reality of life or business you can't spend what you don't have.

A deal might get done and it might still be for a lot of money but Utd need to do everything they can to force that price down even if it only saves £1m that's still £1m in our bank and not theirs.
If they can't afford it then they best accept being a 4th best team for the long term then.

If they can't afford it then they best accept being a 4th best team for the long term then.
Not sure on your theory there but i respect what you are saying. If we got hold of a decent RF for £40m (I hear Zaha could be had for that just as an example) and then took Grealish for £65m. That's £5m less than Sancho would cost and are you telling me that we would come 4th with quality additions like that?

I understand that philosophy,

But I don't get the big deal over Zaha, seems pretty average to me.

I did add that was just as an example as couldn't think of another player quick enough. He'd certainly be a better player in a better team, maybe not right for us though.

Or we look for someone we can afford instead and go for him next summer or January when the price is dropping.

If 3rd/4th is the best we can be right now because we're skint due to covid then so be it.

Just don't get all worked up by bluster and rumour online as everyone writing stuff about this deal and passing it off as fact is talking out their bum hole it's pure speculation and because it's Utd it spread like wildfire and is taken as fact.

We want to buy, player wants to come, they want to sell those are the only things I think we can take as facts right now issue is they want a price that we probably can't afford.

Or we look for someone we can afford instead and go for him next summer or January when the price is dropping.
We'd be in competition with about 5 or 6 other big clubs at that point, i think it's now or never.

There aren't many players we go for and miss out on with this much noise surrounding it, especially in recent history. We'll get him I'm sure.

We'd be in competition with about 5 or 6 other big clubs at that point, i think it's now or never.

There aren't many players we go for and miss out on with this much noise surrounding it, especially in recent history. We'll get him I'm sure.

Might have to be never then if he's prepared to go to other teams then are we really signing the right player we just have to trust that he really wants to come here and be prepared to wait. If Dortmund really are sticking to their guns on the price and we don't have the money then there's a really good chance we will have to walk away and while it sucks as he's a great player than we need but it's the right thing to do.

Griezmann, De Ligt and Haaland are 3 off the top of my head in the last 2 seasons where we've been "done deals" on twitter only to see them go elsewhere.

As I said 99% of what you read about Utd is nonsense so until you see it announced officially as a done deal don't get to excited.

And look at the money spent on Griezmann and De Ligt, not sure they have worked out too well.

I don't think he has to show us any loyalty if other clubs come in, he could say you should have wanted me more by paying the money.

They just need to make their mind up and stop dithering. Pay over the odds, or move on.

It's a big gamble, it's a lot of money on, lets be hoenst, a punt, he's only 20.

You get a gut feeling for transfers and none of the above I ever thought were 'on'. Next summer if Real, Barca, Juve and Liverpool come knocking I'm not sure you can berate the guy for not coming to Utd if other big clubs come in for him. I'm sure he'd love to come Utd but the lure of a Braca would also be appealing, he has no loyalty to anyone at the minute.

120m

would that get you Kane? how much do you think Sane, Firminio and Salah would go for?

It does seem too much.

I think right now £120m will get you any player in world football apart from Mbappe.

Clubs would be mental turning down that money for a player.

Dybala, Griezman, Milinkovic-Salic, Sandro, Bale, Alderweireld, Willian, Skriniar, Bonucci, Stones, Kante, Coleman, Kroos, Aubameyang, Morata, Fabinho, Barbosa, Otamendi, Danny Rose, Malcom, Jonah Tah, Umtiti, Belotti , Lacazette, Reus, Nainggolan, Goretzka, Varane, Perisic - were all pretty much nailed-on as done deals by the press in recent memory.

Not sure on your theory there but i respect what you are saying. If we got hold of a decent RF for £40m (I hear Zaha could be had for that just as an example) and then took Grealish for £65m. That's £5m less than Sancho would cost and are you telling me that we would come 4th with quality additions like that?
United had Zaha, he's really not that good or special. He wouldn't really improve the first team though he would add depth.

United had Zaha, he's really not that good or special. He wouldn't really improve the first team though he would add depth.
Had we played him, he would have improved our side greatly. In his current state there are better players available for whatever amount he would cost.

If you ask me I think first thing Monday morning United should name their price and give Dortmund a take it or leave it ultimatum. If they choose to leave it so be it. We need to make it known we are not open to bribery.
This happens to us too often with clubs trying to screw us.

Although I would love to see him here I really would , I am still unsure over he’s aparent personally , I know I will get stick for saying this but it’s just my opinion I think Harry Kane will be a more important signing he will get you the goals per season we need but that’s just me

Both our strikers outscored Kane this season didn’t they?

I think he’s done at his top level to be honest. Lost that yard of pace he had.

Both our strikers outscored Kane this season didn’t they?

I think he’s done at his top level to be honest. Lost that yard of pace he had.
I recall saying this about Shearer around the late 90's but he resurrected himself in stunning fashion so I am a bit shy of such statements these days.

Oh I ofcourse could be massively wrong just a feeling.

Yes your rite but he’s a diffrent animal to what we got I feel a proper striker is what we need , there like gold dust a van nistleroy or Owen in there prime ones that aren’t afraid to take a risk

Yes your rite but he’s a diffrent animal to what we got I feel a proper striker is what we need , there like gold dust a van nistleroy or Owen in there prime ones that aren’t afraid to take a risk

But generally don’t help a team that wins titles. Owen won one league title in his career, sitting on the bench for us. We won 1 league title in 5 years with Ruud. Won 3 titles in a row either side of him joining and leaving. (From memory haven’t doubled checked either). A striker like them 2 makes a team one dimensional and easier to stop. A team is much better off having goals from everywhere than going through one man.

But generally don’t help a team that wins titles. Owen won one league title in his career, sitting on the bench for us. We won 1 league title in 5 years with Ruud. Won 3 titles in a row either side of him joining and leaving. (From memory haven’t doubled checked either). A striker like them 2 makes a team one dimensional and easier to stop. A team is much better off having goals from everywhere than going through one man.
Spot on. I recall very clearly I wasn’t overly happy with how we played as a team during the RVN years. It was all about him.

I just feel we definitely need a striker to compete at the top look at lewondowski
Not suggesting you are wrong and it is a shame we missed out on Haaland as he would have been the ideal signing for me. However, i do think there is risk with Kane given the price we would pay for him, despite the point I made about Shearer above.
If Martial has turned a corner and Greenwood becomes striker if we sign Sancho you start to wonder how it would all work. I wish we had that problem to worry about over the previous few years.
God bless Ole :)

I
Not suggesting you are wrong and it is a shame we missed out on Haaland as he would have been the ideal signing for me. However, i do think there is risk with Kane given the price we would pay for him, despite the point I made about Shearer above.
If Martial has turned a corner and Greenwood becomes striker if we sign Sancho you start to wonder how it would all work. I wish we had that problem to worry about over the previous few years.
God bless Ole :)
met could have got halaand if we gave him a starting place , couldn’t halaand have went in the middle with martial and rashford either side?

I

met could have got halaand if we gave him a starting place , couldn’t halaand have went in the middle with martial and rashford either side?
To be honest, although most seem to disagree I still believe there is room in the modern game for playing with two strikers as and when it suits. As of the upcoming season, we need to not only make big improvement on our seasons points tally but also our goal tally. We should be scoring 4 in games much more regular. That has become a once in a blue moon thing for us.

I wouldn’t write Kane off I think he’ll be back close to his best next season if he can stay injury free.

He will have to change his game to some extent he can’t bomb around the pitch hassling defenders like he was doing a few years back but get him the ball near the goal and he’ll score plenty.

I don’t think we should sign him though as it would be silly money if we’re buying a striker we need to be finding one who we think can be the next Harry Kane.

If we were considering something short term I’d consider Aubameyang.

Anyway back to Sancho I don’t see it happening tomorrow and I’m not buying this deadline nonsense coming out of Dortmund they’ll listen to offers right up to deadline day.

Yeah the deadline thing is rubbish. If we make a good enough offer at any stage they’ll accept. Sure they would like a replacement but again this can be done and sure they’ve already identified these targets and made contact just in case.

It’ll eventually be done but could drag on for a couple of weeks.

The sooner the better for us let’s hope this deal gets over the line I’m hoping a couple more cheaper signings to go with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back