Ivan Toney

Hojlund 5 in 5. :)
We could have both. No player is always in form, particularly strikers/forwards. They could form the perfect duo for us, each playing a significant role. Also I feel Hojlund could learn something from Toney. Hojlund is definitely our future, but Toney is the now. Only thing I don't like is the price he'd cost.

Think about Kane though - if we had of just paid that price we would certainly be higher up the table, and not in this position. I don't want the same problems next year as this. Youngsters are very hit and miss, and Hojlund will at some point dip in form again. At least I think so.

We could have both. No player is always in form, particularly strikers/forwards. They could form the perfect duo for us, each playing a significant role. Also I feel Hojlund could learn something from Toney. Hojlund is definitely our future, but Toney is the now. Only thing I don't like is the price he'd cost.

Think about Kane though - if we had of just paid that price we would certainly be higher up the table, and not in this position. I don't want the same problems next year as this. Youngsters are very hit and miss, and Hojlund will at some point dip in form again. At least I think so.
I think the problem is Toney wouldn’t want to come here and be second choice and not sure you would want to stunt Hojlund’s progression. Obviously there are plenty of games to go around but I feel maybe we could bring in another striker who wouldn’t cost us as much.

As we still have others area to sort out like in the midfield where I think we still need two quality players. Another centre back is probably a must. Also I think on the wings we need to bring in some genuine quality back up/first teamers - Rashford could be relegated to a back up depending on who we bought. There may not be as much money about in the summer so we need to make decisions very wisely.

Back to Toney, I was interested to see what Igor Thiago looked like - the guy Brentford have just spent £30m on to presumably replace Toney and he looks good. You can’t always tell everything from videos but he could be a steal. It could be an occasion where you may have needed to buy the guy replacing the player you’ve bought.

Toney wouldn't be second choice though - neither would Hojlund. They could fight for the right to be our striker, and that's what I want. Competition for places is a must if we want to catch City. We can't have any players feeling like they're nailed on, that way they'll fight at 100% all game, and if not they'll be sold or dropped. This should be the aim in every position.

I feel the same about the team on the whole, there are maybe places we should invest in heavier than up front. That's why I mentioned the cost worry. He would obviously eat a lot of the kitty.

Toney wouldn't be second choice though - neither would Hojlund. They could fight for the right to be our striker, and that's what I want. Competition for places is a must if we want to catch City. We can't have any players feeling like they're nailed on, that way they'll fight at 100% all game, and if not they'll be sold or dropped. This should be the aim in every position.

I feel the same about the team on the whole, there are maybe places we should invest in heavier than up front. That's why I mentioned the cost worry. He would obviously eat a lot of the kitty.
I don’t know - if one of the strikers hits form then naturally he is going to evolve into the first choice and then the other will be second choice. Also if we don’t progress far in the cup competitions, then there is one guy who will mostly be starting from week to week. I totally agree we need numbers to try and reel in the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal etc but like I said I think the money could be spent better elsewhere.

I don’t know - if one of the strikers hits form then naturally he is going to evolve into the first choice and then the other will be second choice. Also if we don’t progress far in the cup competitions, then there is one guy who will mostly be starting from week to week. I totally agree we need numbers to try and reel in the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal etc but like I said I think the money could be spent better elsewhere.
Yeah, fair enough. There are loads of arguments for what could be done, I guess this is why the manager is paid the big bucks. I wouldn't want to be the one making the decisions if I'm honest. There's quite a lot going on in our team right now, a lot of questions to answer, so for me I say good luck to them in choosing what to try and solve. If I was pushed into a decision I'd probably choose to strengthen midfield. I just see Toney standing out so much that it gets to the point where I want him in our team.

As for striker choice - I feel like chances would come for both to prove themselves. Injuries, or simply being out of form. Also at the end of games there is usually a period for players coming on to impress, and force a manager rethink. So yeah, it wouldn't be so straight forward keeping your place.

If there's any truth in the rumour that Toney wants pay parity with Bruno or he won't come to United he can sod off, he can sod off any way ....

This will be his 1 big premier league contract whoever he joins.

I don’t see Utd spending a big fee on another striker this summer, they’re going to give Hojlund another season just need a reliable backup striker.

Can't see any big silly fees anymore with SJR I think the clubs buying from now will be more cautious and savvy with the boardroom team he`s assembling. Cant see Utd offering a big fee for Toney either and personally I wont be bothered I think we can do better.

I don't believe all this nonsense about him saying he wants more than Bruno.

So I wont even rise to that.

We need a striker for sure, I think if we can get him for around 50-70m then we should.

If they want silly money then Sesko has a release at 50m. But I think CL clubs are chasing him. But I think he'd be worth it

Not sure why they've used Bruno as a marker he isn't the top earner at the club but if Toney is going to move in the summer he's going to be demanding a big salary.

Bruno is apparently on around £250k a week so wouldn't be surprised if Toney asks for that sort of money.

I reckon Toney ends up at Spurs if they get CL football they need a centre forward.

Spurs have got a tough run in but Villa still fighting on two fronts with the conference league and no real history of getting over the line.

Not sure either of them is going to grab the chance and sprint to the line leaving the other behind it's going to be who can stumble their way over it at this point.

Not sure why they've used Bruno as a marker he isn't the top earner at the club but if Toney is going to move in the summer he's going to be demanding a big salary.

Bruno is apparently on around £250k a week so wouldn't be surprised if Toney asks for that sort of money.

I reckon Toney ends up at Spurs if they get CL football they need a centre forward.

Reading between the lines it seems like the Lad has set his heart on Arsenal ,,,,

It might be something as simple as his agent was asked by a hack if his client would be interested in a move to Man Utd, and replying we(not he) would consider it but we(not he)would want circa £250k a week to go there, quick google search on United's top earners by the hack thinking he's got an exclusive, and Bob's your Uncle ....

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back