Ivan Toney

I don't see how it matters how many years at the top you have, if you're currently good enough, you're currently good enough.

EPL Last season: 33 apps; 22 goals; 4 assists.

He's good enough to warrant a try at most top clubs, baring City.

I don't see how it matters how many years at the top you have, if you're currently good enough, you're currently good enough.

Last season: 33 apps; 22 goals; 4 assists.

He's good enough to warrant a try at most top clubs, baring City.

We don't know if he's currently good enough because he's not playing ....

And of the goals he scored last season I'd hazard a guess half were penalties and that's for a provincial club set-up to get the best out of him

As a squad striker maybe, not as a saviour! For the money Brentford would want it would be a gigantic gamble for the club signing him, and the lad himself. If he was a few years younger 18 months at somewhere like Villa would be best for him, then move to one of the biggest clubs.

We don't know if he's currently good enough because he's not playing ....

And of the goals he scored last season I'd hazard a guess half were penalties and that's for a provincial club set-up to get the best out of him

As a squad striker maybe, not as a saviour! For the money Brentford would want it would be a gigantic gamble for the club signing him, and the lad himself. If he was a few years younger 18 months at somewhere like Villa would be best for him, then move to one of the biggest clubs.
You're talking crazy. You've mentioned his cost, but he's not good enough? What has driven up his cost then? Who cares if the goals are penalties, he's scored the goals, and that's all he can do. He is playing too, he scored a hat-trick the other day/night, and he hasn't had an injury lay-off, or a bad run of form. You're only as good as your last game. 3 goals.

You're talking crazy. You've mentioned his cost, but he's not good enough? What has driven up his cost then? Who cares if the goals are penalties, he's scored the goals, and that's all he can do. He is playing too, he scored a hat-trick the other day/night, and he hasn't had an injury lay-off, or a bad run of form. You're only as good as your last game. 3 goals.

Yey, 3 goals for Brentford 'B' :rolleyes:

And I mentioned his age, if he was 23 with his skill-set he might be worth a gamble for the money Brentford would want, at nearly 28 and with the baggage, nah - would welcome the kid with open arms if he came though, and I wouldn't be running to social media to slag him off if he didn't score in his first 3 or 4 games either.

Yey, 3 goals for Brentford 'B' :rolleyes:

And I mentioned his age, if he was 23 with his skill-set he might be worth a gamble for the money Brentford would want, at nearly 28 and with the baggage, nah - would welcome the kid with open arms if he came though, and I wouldn't be running to social media to slag him off if he didn't score in his first 3 or 4 games either.
Stop mentioning age, it doesn't even matter. Right now we need goals, he scores goals. It really can't get any simpler. You don't seem to understand football if I'm honest. You can't even identify this is the very thing we need the most right now. You're hung up on him being younger, and it's stupid.

Stop mentioning age, it doesn't even matter. Right now we need goals, he scores goals. It really can't get any simpler. You don't seem to understand football if I'm honest. You can't even identify this is the very thing we need the most right now. You're hung up on him being younger, and it's stupid.

If you don't mind i'll stick with what I do know, you stick with what you don't, laterz

Brentford are only going to sell if there’s a silly offer the figure of £100m has appeared in the press a few times.

That price will drop in the summer which is when I think clubs might be willing to take a shot with him, think all of them will want to see how he recovers from his spell out.

His PL record is 68 games 32 goals of which 11 were penalties. Shooting accuracy 50% conversion rate of 17% these are both very good.

I think he is a very good player and could fit into our system quite well as he works hard and leads the line well.

Brentford are only going to sell if there’s a silly offer the figure of £100m has appeared in the press a few times.

That price will drop in the summer which is when I think clubs might be willing to take a shot with him, think all of them will want to see how he recovers from his spell out.

His PL record is 68 games 32 goals of which 11 were penalties. Shooting accuracy 50% conversion rate of 17% these are both very good.

I think he is a very good player and could fit into our system quite well as he works hard and leads the line well.

It's not all that impressive if you don't include penalties which were all on target and scored. 11/11 penalties is mighty impressive though.

So, it suggests he doesn't shoot a lot, and when he does he only scores 1 in 7 at the best.

He's one of the best strikers in the prem. If we had the money, and we could convince him, we'd be crazy not to go for him.

If hojlund is 70m then Toney is going to cost more

Rarely works like that, the bulk of the £64m United paid upfront was for Hojlund's potential, the money Atalanta could have expected to get if he had stayed in Italy for 18months/2 years and developed as expected, if Toney stayed at Brentford for a similar period then moved to say Arsenal there is no way they'd pay a similar amount for somebody only 30 years away from getting free prescriptions.

Soz just thinking about it the other day, the highlight of my 2023 was finding out I didn't have to pay for my prescriptions when I hit 60

But we need goals

So far Hojlund hasn't done anything to show he's a 20 plus a season goal scorer.

I'd swap hojlund for Toney in an instant

But we need goals

So far Hojlund hasn't done anything to show he's a 20 plus a season goal scorer.

I'd swap hojlund for Toney in an instant

Yeah I've sensed you're not keen on Hojlund, but give me a lad who has scored 5/6 in the Champions League and 7/10 at International level over the latest must have from the Premier League, no doubt it will be somebody else in a few months.

Toney would be too much of a gamble, and we can't afford him any way.

Now if Watkins(a far better player) was available .....

And before anybody says ah but Watkins is older than Toney, yes he is(but only by weeks), but, and it's a massive but he's left Brentford and moved to a much bigger club in Aston Villa 3 years so any jump(and it's still a massive jump) to United would be a lot easier - but if Toney was say 23 and we could ease him in you'd probably go for him of the two, but only then.

Villa finished 2 points Brentford, not sure that's a huge leap

And before anybody says ah but Watkins is older than Toney, yes he is(but only by weeks), but, and it's a massive but he's left Brentford and moved to a much bigger club in Aston Villa 3 years so any jump(and it's still a massive jump) to United would be a lot easier - but if Toney was say 23 and we could ease him in you'd probably go for him of the two, but only then.
I see you've upgraded your nonsense now, and have acquired a 23yr old Toney.

Size of club and expectancy is is, it's huge.
Really? Won nothing for years.

Pretty sure they were relegation fodder pre emery. They finished below Brentford the season before

Brentford to villa is not a step up

Hojlund will end up being twice the player Toney is. Don’t think spending £100m on him will be the wisest bit of business for us.

Hojlund will end up being twice the player Toney is. Don’t think spending £100m on him will be the wisest bit of business for us.
How do you propose we score goals if we don't buy a goal scorer?

I see you've upgraded your nonsense now, and have acquired a 23yr old Toney.

Lose the attitude pal, that's a few times already in this thread.

I shouldn't have to but I'm trying to explain it in a way that isn't dissing Toney(he's a bloody good player) but say why I think it would be the wrong deal for the money touted, for United. Even if we had a spare £100m laying around.

Really? Won nothing for years.

Pretty sure they were relegation fodder pre emery. They finished below Brentford the season before

Brentford to villa is not a step up

No it's a bloody hop, skip and a jump up if truth be told.

Lose the attitude pal, that's a few times already in this thread, just trying to explain it a way that isn't dissing Toney but explain why I think it would be the wrong deal for the money touted, for United.
I don't have any attitude, I just don't deal well with stupidity. If you really don't like Toney, just say that. I don't mind that, but I do mind non-logical answers. His age simply doesn't matter, when the only concern is if he will do the business, and get us back up the table. We can't always buy some 21-yr-old [new messi] - sometimes we must buy for now. As in RIGHT NOW.

I agree with Superrash, Hojlund will become a star, but his time is not now. We need a man not a boy.

I don't have any attitude, I just don't deal well with stupidity. If you really don't like Toney, just say that. I don't mind that, but I do mind non-logical answers. His age simply doesn't matter, when the only concern is if he will do the business, and get us back up the table. We can't always buy some 21-yr-old [new messi] - sometimes we must buy for now. As in RIGHT NOW.

I agree with Superrash, Hojlund will become a star, but his time is not now. We need a man not a boy.

Ah the old reading comprehension fail. Edit or pre-edit. Zzzzz

It's not all that impressive if you don't include penalties which were all on target and scored. 11/11 penalties is mighty impressive though.

So, it suggests he doesn't shoot a lot, and when he does he only scores 1 in 7 at the best.

Was something like 140 shots in total across his games so he's getting off 2 shots a game playing for a mid table side.

So if you take pens out his shooting drop to 46% on target and 16% conversion which is still pretty good.

Shows he makes the most of the chances that do come his way but the question is will he score more in a better side or is he just the right guy for the way Brentford play?

Are Utd really setup for the striker to score a lot of goals?

I tend to agree I wouldn't be breaking the bank to bring this guy in.

Was something like 140 shots in total across his games so he's getting off 2 shots a game playing for a mid table side.

So if you take pens out his shooting drop to 46% on target and 16% conversion which is still pretty good.

Shows he makes the most of the chances that do come his way but the question is will he score more in a better side or is he just the right guy for the way Brentford play?

Are Utd really setup for the striker to score a lot of goals?

I tend to agree I wouldn't be breaking the bank to bring this guy in.

I thought his on target/conversion would have changed more significantly that that, mind I did try and work it out quickly in my head, never a good idea ....

I`d like to know how Toney or any striker in this crap set up is going to score goals ffs, you do realise that a striker needs service?

I know his control could improve and it will but how is Hojlund going to score with the service he`s relying on? we need players that provide quality crosses and through balls and with Antony and Rashford its not happening, Bruno is having a poor season too and its not coming from him too often either. Haaland`s goals would dry up in this team.

I also think, I'll use more experienced than better, striker takes up better positions.

As well as holds the ball up and brings other players into play better

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back