Would you sell Rashford sell in the summer?

Any change of hear following his latest shenanigans?
Rashford clearly has no respect for the club or the fans, he might not like ETH seeing as his sulking has hit an all time high but that shouldn't stop him behaving in a professional manner. There will probably be a lot of changes in the summer and Rashford could well be on his way.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I like how the story is touted as new. It's not new - Rashford has been linked with PSG loads.

He's not going to be sold. People need to get over it.

They should consider selling him but I don’t think they will. And with the amount of work needed (and the limitations they have on what they can do financially) they probably can’t sell him as it creates another hole.

The reporting seems to be that their first choices are Osihmen and Leao.

Can't see them having the budget for both.

Rashford would score boat loads in that league as the defending isn't as good.

I think its either or with the manager and Rashford.

To me there seems a problem of some sort there.

If they keep ETH, then maybe he gets sold. Move Garnacho back out left and bring in Olise

they keep ETH, then maybe he gets sold. Move Garnacho back out left and bring in Olise
Can Olise play off either side? Would be good if he could because that gives options. Could identify favourable match ups or just swap sides to unbalance a defense.

Olise's injury record must count against him at this stage he's missing a lot of games for a side that only plays one a week.

Rashford I think has actually played well for the last few months he is a consistent threat and seems to be building a decent understanding with those around him.

If we got a silly offer for him they'd have to consider it but I doubt there's going to be to many clubs willing to drop a mega transfer fee on him.

If Rashford was sold then Utd probably need to buy 3 new wingers in the summer which just isn't going to happen.

Olise's injury record must count against him at this stage he's missing a lot of games for a side that only plays one a week.

Rashford I think has actually played well for the last few months he is a consistent threat and seems to be building a decent understanding with those around him.

If we got a silly offer for him they'd have to consider it but I doubt there's going to be to many clubs willing to drop a mega transfer fee on him.

If Rashford was sold then Utd probably need to buy 3 new wingers in the summer which just isn't going to happen.

That's you on Marcus's Christmas card list.

"Hey Mam this dude thinks I'm that good it will take 3 players to replace me, send him a signed shirt like yesterday"

That's you on Marcus's Christmas card list.

"Hey Mam this dude thinks I'm that good it will take 3 players to replace me, send him a signed shirt like yesterday"

His numbers do back it up it isn't quite the version we saw last season but he's been a much bigger threat in the last few months scored some goals and created some chances. He's had a few poor games but generally I reckon since the Villa game on boxing day he's been pretty good.

I'd say currently we look 2 wide players short given it's likely the players out on loan don't return, he seems reluctant to use Amad and Anthony's performances are horrendous then yeah if you sell Rashford it's just adding to your list of problems.

His numbers do back it up it isn't quite the version we saw last season but he's been a much bigger threat in the last few months scored some goals and created some chances. He's had a few poor games but generally I reckon since the Villa game on boxing day he's been pretty good.

I'd say currently we look 2 wide players short given it's likely the players out on loan don't return, he seems reluctant to use Amad and Anthony's performances are horrendous then yeah if you sell Rashford it's just adding to your list of problems.

He's scored 5 goals and 3 assists in the PL in just over 19 full games(1730 mins/90 mins)this season, and 2 of those assists came in one game(Forest), yes he has improved recently but only marginally, and maybe it's the burden of being the senior striker/wide-attacker but he's still doing the same things that have frustrated us all season, in fact he's mastered shooting when he should pass, and pass when he should shoot, just not sure how he can break that cycle, at United, certainly not this season. A few weeks on the bench would do him no harm.

Not sure he's reluctant to use Amad, more it's never really been the right time to put him on, he'll get his chances, may against Fulham ....

He's scored 5 goals and 3 assists in the PL in just over 19 full games(1730 mins/90 mins)this season, and 2 of those assists came in one game(Forest), yes he has improved recently but only marginally, and maybe it's the burden of being the senior striker/wide-attacker but he's still doing the same things that have frustrated us all season, in fact he's mastered shooting when he should pass, and pass when he should shoot, just not sure how he can break that cycle, at United, certainly not this season. A few weeks on the bench would do him no harm.

Not sure he's reluctant to use Amad, more it's never really been the right time to put him on, he'll get his chances, may against Fulham ....

My point was his recent form has been better. 8 games since Villa on boxing day 3 goals and 2 assists which isn't bad much better than what we saw in the first few months where he was really poor.

If Anthony was in any sort of form he might have found himself on the bench when he went out boozing but he isn't so was easy for Rashford to play his way back in. It feels like it's 3 players for 3 positions and that's it at the moment there has to be more options in that front 3 next season.

The decision making thing will never improve with him, this is what he is now it won't change.

I think in this side unless you start Amad there's never going to be a good time to put him on, as this side never finish a team off and coast to the end which would be when you'd want to be able to give him 15-20 minutes to find his feet.

My point was his recent form has been better. 8 games since Villa on boxing day 3 goals and 2 assists which isn't bad much better than what we saw in the first few months where he was really poor.

If Anthony was in any sort of form he might have found himself on the bench when he went out boozing but he isn't so was easy for Rashford to play his way back in. It feels like it's 3 players for 3 positions and that's it at the moment there has to be more options in that front 3 next season.

The decision making thing will never improve with him, this is what he is now it won't change.

I think in this side unless you start Amad there's never going to be a good time to put him on, as this side never finish a team off and coast to the end which would be when you'd want to be able to give him 15-20 minutes to find his feet.

Well he's no use to United then. Maybe offer him up in a part-exchange deal for Branthwaite, not that I think he's ready yet but .....

He could have put the game to bed yesterday at 2-0 but chose to shoot and miss instead of passing to Maguire who was completely unmarked. He should be sold as soon as United get a decent offer. Him being in the team is worse than not being in the team.

Rashford has had a rotten season so far his decision making is appalling but why aren’t these issues being sorted in training? That’s EtH’s job.

Rashford has had a rotten season so far his decision making is appalling but why aren’t these issues being sorted in training? That’s EtH’s job.
I agree with you 100 % on this. Why is not being sorted out game after game? Someone put a clip of him pressing against Barkley. My grandmother could have done a better job than that.

He probably is being told clearly in training what is expected, however, it's up to the player to listen. I suspect Rashford is choosing not to listen and that clip of him attempting to press is a joke. Shocking.

Don't recall seeing it in the match as I'd have lost my sh*t if I had, just presumed the video had been doctored with some kind of wizardry, like the ones where it appears somebody is running/walking 3 times quicker/slower than everybody else around them. If it actually happened he needs pulling up on it, starting with rent-a gob Gary Neville, there's not trying, then there's taking the p*ss

He probably is being told clearly in training what is expected, however, it's up to the player to listen. I suspect Rashford is choosing not to listen and that clip of him attempting to press is a joke. Shocking.
If Rashford is choosing not to adhere to the managers instructions he needs selling in the summer, Dan Ashworth wont allow any player to cause disruption and will be weeded out, he`s supposed to be ruthless and wants the full "team" spirit feeling for a club to succeed, I think Rashford is thick as pig shit, if he cant see he`s making the same mistakes all the time its the only conclusion to come to.

There is a clear problem between the manager and the player, one of them will need to go.

On this instance, perhaps he's been told when it gets to a certain zone pass him to midfield/defence.

But I really can't see both of them being at the club next season.

There is a clear problem between the manager and the player, one of them will need to go.

On this instance, perhaps he's been told when it gets to a certain zone pass him to midfield/defence.

But I really can't see both of them being at the club next season.
That’s a good question, if it was a straight shoot out between Rashford and ETH, who would people choose to keep?

I think it is more likely Rashford to go in the summer than ETH to be honest. There is something not quite right there, maybe he’s annoyed his mate Sancho has gone. There is no excuse for his shocking pressing and tracking back though.

Think you always have to back the manager over an individual player the moment you back the player it sends a message that they can get managers sacked.

I don't think there's a problem between the two of them anyway. ETH knows Rashford well enough now he's still picking him every week and when he steps out of line he cracks the whip. Rashford seems to accept these punishments and move forward.

Tempted by £75m?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I would not sell Rashford, but I would bring in some quality competition for him, and that way it's win, win. I don't think Marcus has had any real competition for his place in years, and sometimes that's all that's needed.

Not sure how much Mitoma would cost, but he'd be a good option as he's already proven to be good in our league and with better players around him he should be even better.

The only players I can see as an upgrade anyway are Vini Jr and Rafael Leao. They'd both cost a lot more than £75m. There is Son too, but he's 31.

Maybe try and squeeze them a little higher but at that sort of money I'd think about selling.

I think there are plenty of players out there better than Rashford but there's already plenty to be done this summer in the forward positions so I think they'll probably keep him around unless he pushes for the move.

Still just bemuses me the amount of our fans that want to see the back of him. Really, honestly, it's just astonishing. It's like everyone's eyes and brains fell out.

Still just bemuses me the amount of our fans that want to see the back of him. Really, honestly, it's just astonishing. It's like everyone's eyes and brains fell out.

When he's good he's great but when he's bad he's awful there doesn't seem to be much in between with him. He's a hard player to rely on through a season because you never really know which version is going to turn up.

I actually think he could do with some better advice around him. He's got a lot of PR people trying to build/protect "Brand Rashford" and people can see right through it at times.

He needs to grow up a bit in my opinion he's not a kid any more the incident in Belfast needs to be the last time that happens and probably get a bit of help to try and help understand which his confidence takes these big dents.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions I'm probably just in the give him one last chance camp but I am running out of patience with him.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions I'm probably just in the give him one last chance camp but I am running out of patience with him.
I think that's fair, and is where everyone should be, not this rubbish that he must be sold.

I think that's fair, and is where everyone should be, not this rubbish that he must be sold.

I can 100% understand why some people have reached that point with him.

If we had a stronger squad I'd probably be more willing to let him go but this summer. I think most of us are expecting Greenwood, Martial, Sancho all to leave. Add in Anthony's situation and even a squad player like Pellistri probably on his way to I just don't think we can afford to lose another attacking player as we're already so light up front.

A team like Utd should have 5 or 6 quality options in those forward positions. At the moment we have 3 and that includes Rashford.

I can 100% understand why some people have reached that point with him.

If we had a stronger squad I'd probably be more willing to let him go but this summer. I think most of us are expecting Greenwood, Martial, Sancho all to leave. Add in Anthony's situation and even a squad player like Pellistri probably on his way to I just don't think we can afford to lose another attacking player as we're already so light up front.

A team like Utd should have 5 or 6 quality options in those forward positions. At the moment we have 3 and that includes Rashford.
Yeah think commentators mentioned recently how light our bench looks in terms of quality, or a player capable of changing a game. They're right.

Yeah think commentators mentioned recently how light our bench looks in terms of quality, or a player capable of changing a game. They're right.

Yep our midfield and forward options off the bench are an issue.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back