Would you sell Rashford sell in the summer?

Definitely not. I'd badly discipline him, fine him, throw stuff at him... but I wouldn't sell him. He needs some type of new motivation or new direction. Like a new manager and a team to play in that compliments him. I don't know, maybe I'd try him even at RW... send him to the psychologist... the list goes on. Anything but sell him. He must be given at least one more season after this. It's very hard to see just when a player will hit maturity, but I'm very confident he hasn't hit his and my hope is when that happens, he'll learn to pass when it's time to pass.

No, I don't know why he gets so much crap when others get away with it.
I think a better coach gets more out of these players
If the rest of the team were excelling then a conversation could be had. But they're not

I think if someone offered you £70m plus for him then I would be very tempted to sell. However I don’t see that happening especially with his wages on top.

He is a United player through and through and we all know what he can do but could you then take that money and buy a better player with more consistency and output? Potentially.

He can do world class things for sure but he is very infuriating in equal measure.

He is 26 now, is there more to come or have we seen the very best of him and last season was a purple patch? Obviously hard to say.

If someone offered us huge money I’d sell.

He is way to inconsistent and when he doesnt even have ok games he’s either unplayable or absolute garbage.

If someone offered us huge money I’d sell.

He is way to inconsistent and when he doesnt even have ok games he’s either unplayable or absolute garbage.
Agree. We need to see some consistency. I think a big Saudi offer would be seriously considered.

It massively depends on price. Would I sell Rashford for £40m. No. Would I sell Rashford for £100m? Yes.

Yes I think they probably do need to move on from him. He’s a really talented player but he lacks consistency. Could he find that at another top club? Maybe he could but I don’t think he would. I think his mentality is part of the problem but that’s pure speculation.

I do think though the time has come for both parties to move on. I think he’s shown that for whatever reason at United he’s not going to find that consistency,

Moving him on would be a mistake. He'll thrive in a proper team, playing well. £100m wouldn't buy you a 30 goal striker in these times. Which is what he was last season.

Moving him on would be a mistake. He'll thrive in a proper team, playing well. £100m wouldn't buy you a 30 goal striker in these times. Which is what he was last season.

I think you'd judge that by how we do without him not how he does without us. Look how Spurs moved on from Kane, there is a scenario where change is good for both parties. Could even go back further and look at Van Nistelrooy after he left us he had a good career but we were also a better side without him.

The sensible way to look at it is what is the "Utd Way" going to be moving forward, these new directors that will be coming in need to get that established straight away as that will need to guide every decision made over the players/manager moving forward. That is the first thing that needs to be defined, how are Utd going to play and what do the players in each position need to be able to do to make that system work and bring success.

If Rashford doesn't fit in with the above then he needs to move on.

Rashford to me is a counter attack player he thrives when the game is end to end and the ball gets to him quickly in space that is where he hurts the opponent. When the game slows down he really struggles and his off the ball work is poor.

I don't care if there is a scenario that sees Rashford become 23 stone and play for Norwich. I want to see him kept because I don't see us replacing those goals when he's on form. So quickly people forget just what a great guy he is and what he's done for us.

Got to judge him on his football though.

He's one of the best paid players in the league now thanks to the new contract he negotiated last summer so he needs to deliver top quality performances on a consistent basis.

Got to judge him on his football though.

He's one of the best paid players in the league now thanks to the new contract he negotiated last summer so he needs to deliver top quality performances on a consistent basis.
Perhaps he will when we start playing well. He's very much a confidence player, and like I've said before I feel like he's not playing well because the team isn't functioning. Throwing away a proven goal scorer when this is exactly what we are lacking is madness. I just feel like it isn't his fault and he's super frustrated with something. He's got to be worth one more season surely. Preferably with a new set up and manager. Which IMO is his whole issue. He's clearly seen to be supporting Sancho - what does that suggest? I know what I think it suggests.

Perhaps he will when we start playing well. He's very much a confidence player, and like I've said before I feel like he's not playing well because the team isn't functioning. Throwing away a proven goal scorer when this is exactly what we are lacking is madness. I just feel like it isn't his fault and he's super frustrated with something. He's got to be worth one more season surely. Preferably with a new set up and manager. Which IMO is his whole issue. He's clearly seen to be supporting Sancho - what does that suggest? I know what I think it suggests.

My point was more about where the team is going to go moving forward under this new management and will Rashford's playing style fit into it.

If it does then you keep him if it doesn't then you probably need to off load him. Problem is we don't have a clue what that looks like so it's really hard to say if he does fit into it or doesn't.

A problem with Rashford is his goals is they come in clusters and when he's not scoring he's giving you nothing else. Even when he's playing well he doesn't create chances and he doesn't really do the dirty work off the ball so when he's off his game it can be like playing with 10 men.

I don't read to much into the Sancho stuff they're mates and have been for a very long time. He showed him a bit of support on social media I've got no issues with that, I'm sure the club don't either and any grown up fan would feel the same.

I was a bit annoyed at his celebration yet that's his first goal at Old Trafford in 7 months enjoy it and use it to fire up the crowd his little "talking" gesture I don't think will do him any favours with the support.

Well, I don't see any harm in any player expressing how they feel. He's obviously sick of our fans being so fickle.

As for him being a fit, I think a good manager finds a place for Rashford every time. When a player starts to play well you'll notice they add other things to their game, like tracking back and getting into some tackles even. When a team plays as a unit and are truly together that will come for Rashford too. I can't keep saying the same thing - it's not his fault the team is dysfunctional.

I would wait and see what the next manager does with him, even if he doesn’t get on with Eth he should be giving 100% at all times for wearing the shirt and getting paid a fortune for the privilege.

Well, I don't see any harm in any player expressing how they feel. He's obviously sick of our fans being so fickle.

As for him being a fit, I think a good manager finds a place for Rashford every time. When a player starts to play well you'll notice they add other things to their game, like tracking back and getting into some tackles even. When a team plays as a unit and are truly together that will come for Rashford too. I can't keep saying the same thing - it's not his fault the team is dysfunctional.

He can do what he wants I just think it's a dangerous game to play with your own fans, he's had a lot of support down the years but he's 26 now and on the big wages he needs to show a bit more maturity. A lot of the fans who are getting frustrated with him are season ticket holders who see the full picture not just what gets picked up on camera.

I think this is what is going to and has to change at the club. Every one from the manager and the players have to fit into the Utd system that needs to be set in stone and every decision is made with that in mind.

Utd are on a tight budget if another club come in with huge money I think it has to be considered as rebuilding this squad isn't going to be cheap and SJR isn't going to come in and foot the bill for it.

Being a season ticket holder does not give you the right to treat people badly. It gives you a right to nothing. You are treating Rashford like a piece of wood, and he is a human being with feelings. How about we just move you on from your family because you have a bad year? To boot, you can't respond, you must just shut up. Yeah, just shut up be quiet. Afterall they've paid for you previously, that must make you a worthless slave. They've got bigger plans than you now, and you just don't fit the bill.

These fans are not fans. They are a disgrace.

Being a season ticket holder does not give you the right to treat people badly. It gives you a right to nothing. You are treating Rashford like a piece of wood, and he is a human being with feelings. How about we just move you on from your family because you have a bad year? To boot, you can't respond, you must just shut up. Yeah, just shut up be quiet. Afterall they've paid for you previously, that must make you a worthless slave. They've got bigger plans than you now, and you just don't fit the bill.

These fans are not fans. They are a disgrace.

My point is if you got to watch the games you can see everything, people like me can only see what the TV cameras show me, we don't always see how the players react to the ball being lost as the camera follows the ball. If the people at the games are consistently saying off the ball he isn't putting a shift in then you probably need to listen to what is being said. You see a lot more of the game in person than you do on TV. I've watched Rashford play a few times live and he's not the best when we lose the ball he likes a flap of the arms before getting back to position and he needs to cut it out.

Football is a cut throat business and Rashford and his family no doubt used that expiring contract and interest from other clubs to get the best deal from Utd last season. That's the nature of the business Rashford's performance over the last 8 years does not warrant a salary anywhere near what he currently earns but he's played a good hand in terms of negotiating himself 2 very lucrative contracts. I've got no problem with them doing that and if the club agree to it then fair play to you and your team for getting that deal.

New owners mean changes and the people who now make decisions might look at you and say actually the team will be better served by someone else and you are surplus to requirements. It sucks but that's the brutal nature of football. There will be players who've been told their time at Utd is up because Rashford is better than them if he wants his spot in the team going forward he needs to show on the pitch that he's worth the money and that he fits in with the new plan going forward.

This applies to every player, coach, physio, scout, statistician, nutritionist, manager, technical director and football director. Everyone who contributes towards the performance of the team on the pitch now needs to show to the new bosses that they are the best person for the job and if they can't they'll be gone.

Hopefully he does fit in to the plan and we see the best of Rashford for the rest of this season and over the next 5 years.

Rashford should be treat with respect, and that's it. I don't need some drawn out explanation of what new owners mean. I'm simply talking about how a loyal servant of our club should be treat. Stop missing the point. I do suggest you take a look at Rashford's stats though. They are most definitely worth the contract he was offered. That's why he was offered it. The people behind the curtain then weren't the most savvy, granted, but they got that one right. Looking at his return in a lot of seasons, taking into account injuries and various other things, like age in his first seasons - he has returned well. The last season in particular, when he was in the 97th percentile for goals per 90 minutes. The 96th percentile for goal involvements.

I'm saying we should have more faith in him regardless of what your fans at games are saying as the stats tell a different story. One bad half a season in a team that is underperforming seems to be enough for everybody to give up on him though, which to me is insanity. He probably hasn't even peaked yet and si still only 26... if we sell him now we definitely won't get our moneys worth via the wages we've paid.

But you can think what you want to think and so can I.

look the intent is never to say I’m right and you are wrong, you are perfectly entitled to your opinion and it’s good that we dont all agree.

I’ve seen his stats and If you judge them season by season you can see it’s up and down.

I just don’t think he or any player is essential to how the club moves forward and he needs to fit in with the future plans, the future plans cannot be built around Rashford or any individual player.

look the intent is never to say I’m right and you are wrong, you are perfectly entitled to your opinion and it’s good that we dont all agree.

I’ve seen his stats and If you judge them season by season you can see it’s up and down.

I just don’t think he or any player is essential to how the club moves forward and he needs to fit in with the future plans, the future plans cannot be built around Rashford or any individual player.
That's a much better way of putting it. I appreciate that as sometimes you do come across a bit righteous. I agree that no one player is essential or bigger than the club, but it is my opinion that he is one of this team that is worth keeping.

That's a much better way of putting it. I appreciate that as sometimes you do come across a bit righteous. I agree that no one player is essential or bigger than the club, but it is my opinion that he is one of this team that is worth keeping.

6 months ago I’d have 100% said keep him as I thought he had turned a corner and kicked on to that next level.

This season it just feels like he’s gone back 18 months to the sulky unhappy Rashford.

I think there’s so many players the club needs to buy to fix the squad and if someone offered us crazy money for Rashford I’d consider it.

6 months ago I’d have 100% said keep him as I thought he had turned a corner and kicked on to that next level.

This season it just feels like he’s gone back 18 months to the sulky unhappy Rashford.

I think there’s so many players the club needs to buy to fix the squad and if someone offered us crazy money for Rashford I’d consider it.
Fair enough. We just don't agree on this one is all!

He might well do that but it seems clear he’s not going to find that consistency at United.

After last season, I'm not so sure about that. With the right signings in the summer the team can possibly get a good run going and he can be part of it. I get it though, this forum doesn't want to keep him so I'm done making a case for it, I can't argue with all of you. I haven't lost faith in him. That's my final answer.

After last season, I'm not so sure about that. With the right signings in the summer the team can possibly get a good run going and he can be part of it. I get it though, this forum doesn't want to keep him so I'm done making a case for it ,I can't argue with all of you. I haven't lost faith in him. That's my final answer.

G'wan, g'wan you know you want to.

You need better bait.

Yeah but it's slightly different this, it's not because everybody thinks he's shit, more it's probably best for him and the club if he moves on as it's painful watching, but i'm sure everybody would have been chuffed to bits for him if he'd scored a hattrick against Tottenham and cut him some slack

Yeah but it's slightly different this, it's not because everybody thinks he's shit, more it's probably best for him and the club if he moves on as it's painful watching, but i'm sure everybody would have been chuffed to bits for him if he'd scored a hattrick against Tottenham and cut him some slack
Obviously.... why would the fickle people not then love him again? It's what they do. It's the same at Madrid. If you do nothing they want you gone, but during a form period everyone is talking about it and wanting in on the glory. Pathetic.

Obviously.... why would the fickle people not then love him again? It's what they do. It's the same at Madrid. If you do nothing they want you gone, but during a form period everyone is talking about it and wanting in on the glory. Pathetic.

Big difference between cutting somebody some slack and loving them again.

Most fans are fickle these days, sadly there aren't many of us left that aren't.

People talk about being good servant of the club etc. The club is paying him a huge amount of money to play and perform for the club. It is not as if he is doing it for free. Then comes news of this shenanigans. If he performs on the pitch I do not care what he does the previous night. He is not George Best and is not fit to lick his boots but George during his young get days at least performed on the pitch. Yes when he became an alcoholic he was moved on but he did deliver it for United.

Any change of hear following his latest shenanigans?
I don't think it changes much, his talent is still obvious to me. Can't be missing matches after drinking though. Since he's not one to do this sort of stuff I think the supposed fine should be enough, and a warning that this won't be tolerated any further.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back