Premier League 2023/24: Liverpool vs Man United - Sun 17th Dec - 16:30 KO

Shockingly poor game of football but still 0-0 and that’s a positive.

Our ball retention is so so poor. This is why you don’t play McTominay at number 10. He doesn’t have much creativity and he’s been in some good positions but not done anything with it.

Poor performance but take that at half time. The tempo is too quick for Amrabat. He’s like a tugboat in midfield. Mctominay is being Mctominay - what has he done other than give the ball away.

Can garnacho play the Bruno role? Swap Amrabat for rashford. Push mctom back

Not really sure what we can do to be honest, just got to hang in there and hope we nick a goal from somewhere.

Nothing really off the bench apart from Rashford.

We've not looked scoring, nil nil looks like best chance at the mo

McT should be subbed off for that. Shooting from 30 yards 2 on 1. Prick.

Terrible game but hey 0-0 is progress.

With a bit more composure from Garnacho and Hojlund, we could have nicked it.

I think we there for that result. We created little.
But nice to annoy liverpool

Also, I crapped myself with Shaw and the handball and the new rules

Garnacho, was it a miss kick or TAA tackle?

Hojlund should have scored yes.

Didn’t watch it as already said I thought we’d lose heavily although heard they were all over us, a draw will really piss Scouse off so that’s great

Never a pen. The rule states if it hits your body then your hand it’s fine.

Not anymore it doesn’t, the rule changed at the start of last season all the mitigation measure were removed from the rule.

however, the premier league refs/VAR have been told to still apply the mitigation measures.

Didn’t watch the game was at a family thing.

Sounds like we held out pretty well and showed good spirit to stick in it.

On the red the only conclusion I can make is Dalot said something stupid after the yellow. He seems to have a thing against Utd never seems to give us anything.

Not anymore it doesn’t, the rule changed at the start of last season all the mitigation measure were removed from the rule.

however, the premier league refs/VAR have been told to still apply the mitigation measures.

The rule regarding if it his a player first then his arm still stands.

The rule regarding if it his a player first then his arm still stands.

It doesn’t this is from the current IFAB laws for this season

It is an offence if a player:
  • deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball
  • touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised
  • scores in the opponents' goal:
  • directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper
  • immediately after the ball has touched their hand/arm, even if accidental
Their used to be guidance on deflections and distance the ball travels but that has been removed.

The premier league however have told their officials to not follow the current rule because they believe the rule is to severe, it’s why we get so many silly handball penalties in European matches because they apply the law as written.

Proud of the lads, was worried when EtH put Varane on the let and Evans on the right but both old dears were quite majestic, as were the midfielders in front of them, so much so Liverpool looked clueless, might have been different if Salah had played obviously ....

And on the Red card I couldn't possibly comment as I would be most likely be kicked off the internet.

Onana - 7

Dalot - 6
Evans - 8
Varane - 7
Shaw - 6

Mainoo - 8
Amrabat - 7

McTominay - 6

Antony - 7
Hojlund - 6
Garnacho - 6

========

EtH - 7¾

========

Referee - N/A​

With the way Liverpool played yesterday, the win was there for the taking but sadly we lacked that cutting edge up top and through midfield.

If Liverpool had a better player than Nunez, they would have won that easy. So many bad decisions and touches by him.

Still not even seen the highlights as we were on last on MOTD so must have been a classic.

From the bits I've seen Nunez should have had a second yellow for his sarcastic applause to the ref.

Dalot just lost his head, the ref maybe could have used a bit of discretion on the second yellow and just told him to cool off with only a minute left.

If I was Utd I'd be having a quiet word with PGMOL saying that they'd like to see some consistency being applied with the rules as it seems like quite a few marginal calls are going against Utd especially in games involving this referee.

Still not even seen the highlights as we were on last on MOTD so must have been a classic.

From the bits I've seen Nunez should have had a second yellow for his sarcastic applause to the ref.

Dalot just lost his head, the ref maybe could have used a bit of discretion on the second yellow and just told him to cool off with only a minute left.

If I was Utd I'd be having a quiet word with PGMOL saying that they'd like to see some consistency being applied with the rules as it seems like quite a few marginal calls are going against Utd especially in games involving this referee.
Yep, double jeopardy for the same incident was childish from Michael Oliver. All the officials gave us nothing yesterday.

If Liverpool had a better player than Nunez, they would have won that easy. So many bad decisions and touches by him.
All their front three were eager to shoot yesterday from silly positions instead of passing to colleagues on the overlap or better placed.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back