Premier League 2021/22: Man City vs Man Utd ~ Sun 6th Mar 4.30PM KO

Just outclassed all over second half physically dominated by players who are better and smarter than ours.

They’ve given up City just knocking it around for fun.

Got Liverpool fans on the WhatsApp now :( basically saying United players not putting the effort in. Lot of standing around. I hope that's not true
First half I thought United were decent. They were worthy of leveling things. But the defending has been comical and after the 3rd they've had no answer. They look absolutely demoralised. The reality that they are a long way behind I think.

I am not seeing huge amounts of effort ATM. Partly because they are being outplayed now but I think I have said several times this season it is a team that lacks heart

I am not seeing huge amounts of effort ATM. Partly because they are being outplayed now but I think I have said several times this season it is a team that lacks heart
I think others have said it's an unlikeable team and I think that's very true and very fair.

No amount of running is going to solve this situation.

In the last 15 minutes the possession stats are... 92% to City! I mean wow I'm not sure I've ever seen that not even on Fifa.

Is this the most embarrassing 45 minutes we've seen?

Is this the most embarrassing 45 minutes we've seen?
The thing is... It just shows the gulf in class between the two teams. I mean I think United need to change their outlook. They need to forget about trying to contend. They need to rebuild and restart completely.

I mean City are robotically good when they get in the lead but the lack of intensity is sobering to see. If you can’t win the ball then kick someone just to show some fight.

Honest question here guys... Can you name 3 players in this United team you actually like? I mean to root for ignore ability.

The trouble is we are nowhere near good enough and we have anything between 5 and 8 players likely to leave the club, and very little money coming in for them. I don't see the glazers putting up the sort of money we will need and I don't think there is a coach in the world that can make this team work.

United need to change tact. They need to aim to get back in to the top 4 and solidify that. They rightly thought they were closing in on being contenders but they aren't. They are further away now than they've ever been since Fergie left. And they aren't going to be able to sign the players to really close that gap.

Elanga, Sancho, can't think of another.
Exactly. I've just said this to my brother. Bruno is not likeable. Throws himself to the ground. Throws his arms up every time it doesn't go his way. Runs for his own gain not as part of a unit. Can't do the simple things. I've never seen a player with so much talent, ability and production be so awful at the very simple things.

Exactly. I've just said this to my brother. Bruno is not likeable. Throws himself to the ground. Throws his arms up every time it doesn't go his way. Runs for his own gain not as part of a unit. Can't do the simple things. I've never seen a player with so much talent, ability and production be so awful at the very simple things.
I know I sound like a broken record, but he needs to look across the pitch at De Bruyne, just get on with the game and play to the whistle.

I know I sound like a broken record, but he needs to look across the pitch at De Bruyne, just get on with the game and play to the whistle.
And play with control! If the game calls for it then keep it simple. If it needs taking the sting out of the game then do that. He's their talisman really and he's the one who sets the tempo. But he does everything at 1000mph.

Roy Keane looks dejected and beaten down. He's seen some awful performances this year and I don't think he knows where to go with this now.

Honest question here guys... Can you name 3 players in this United team you actually like? I mean to root for ignore ability.
Yep would go along with Sancho and Elanga. Cavani when he ever plays because at least he shows some true fight. Also he gets a bad rap but I like Fred’s attitude and he is one player that you can always tries. But it’s a sad indictment of us when I cannot really name many.

Yep would go along with Sancho and Elanga. Cavani when he ever plays because at least he shows some true fight. Also he gets a bad rap but I like Fred’s attitude and he is one player that you can always tries. But it’s a sad indictment of us when I cannot really name many.
I mean yeah I get that although Cavani I'm not sure of bud. That guy has been a bit of a princess for United really. When he plays he tends to work hard but he's not played a lot.

I've said for a while, Bruno can be excellent, but he's a luxury we don't need, he's all over the place, misplacing passes etc. In general not today.

I don't like any of these players, I'll give Sancho and Varane the benefit as they are new.

I like Pogba, but again a luxury, but he is our only top class player, can spot a pass no one else can, but we've not got the players around him to make up for his faults.

We are years off. This coach appointment needs to be right,

We could say 7 managers now since Fergie, although only 4/5 proper. All bad appointments.

Fundamentally, I lay the blame at the owners. They don't feel the defeats enough, if at all.

Absolute mess. Depressing.

Sancho, Elanga. Everyone else it's easy to see they are declining or have declined, or were simply never good enough. We have players like Dalot and Telles who are punching above their weight even playing in this league, so I cut them some slack, but everyone else has either fallen off a cliff (Bruno, Rashford, DeGea), or looks like they wandered onto the pitch like a lost sheep (Pogba), or looks like a pub denizen kitted out and told to give it a go (Maguire).
It's not even a question of liking or hating them, they just aren't good enough. The hatred is reserved for the owners/board who bought them in the first place and then let each window close without addressing *all* of the problems in the side. It's like if we were in a boat race, the motor's broken, it's on fire, and we're sinking: yes, you can fix one of those things but you will never compete unless you fix all of them. The Glazers have never taken this approach.
There is very little magic or belief in this team. Maybe Sancho. I think I'd rather see Hannibal and Diallo and Garner, whoever else might have some joy in their play, even if/when we get hammered. I don't want to deal with the Europa League next term, just focus on a full fecking rebuild from top to bottom. The fact is, the owners have no interest in this kind of investment and their business model is mid-table FC. Get used to it. It's never changing without new owners.
We might get Ten Hag in the summer but he's not a miracle worker. We need Ten Hag and then 6 new players. We need new FBs, at least 1 new CB, 2 holding mids, and a pacy forward. Those are all starters, not squad players. We also need to get rid of our so-called squad players like Mata, Matic, Lingard, Bailly, because they are so far below the level required it's embarrassing when they play. And get Ronaldo out the door in the summer, thought I doubt he'll want to stay.
We can pull of decent performances against other mid-table sides but we are never challenging for the title again with these owners.

It's not even a question of liking or hating them, they just aren't good enough
But I guess my point is despite their lack of ability they don't even seem like a group to get behind. Their attitude on the pitch is awful. The noises out of the locker room aren't good either. These players aren't a group you want to get behind and root for

Disappointed with Sancho, took his 1st chance superbly but instead of going Ape he did the old sorry for scoring against you shit, he owed City nowt, he was there less than 18 months after being poached from Watford, and he never got his head back in the game, his 2nd chance just before half-time if he'd taken it(and it was easier than his 1st)would have had us on the front-foot going into the 2nd half.

And De Gea, embarrassingly bad again. And Pogba, no words needed.

Some of you lot really need to get yourselves a new hobby, that's only the 3rd time United have lost an away game in the last 40 games, step back from yourselves and take that in. Fecking embarrassing.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back