Premier League 2021/22: Man City vs Man Utd ~ Sun 6th Mar 4.30PM KO

How good do you think Arsenal are? They are above us with 3 games in hand.

Don't need to step back from that

Some of you lot really need to get yourselves a new hobby, that's only the 3rd time United have lost an away game in the last 40 games, step back from yourselves and take that in. Fecking embarrassing.
Just because our away stars are good, it doesn’t make the performance today any less embarrassing.

Losing 2 of your back 4 to Covid and both your senior strikers being injured clearly doesn’t help.

They worked hard first half but second half City’s quality shone through and when they got the third goal it was clearly damage limitation in terms of the score line.

The gap to them is huge and will remain huge until Utd get a proper plan and back a top manager to rebuild the club and give him time to do it.

That man wasn’t Ole he got longer than he should have Utd can’t afford another mistake they have to get the next appointment right and allow him to get rid of whoever he wants.

Just because our away stars are good, it doesn’t make the performance today any less embarrassing.

Hardly embarrassing, yeah we collapsed after the 3rd went in and City just stood off us not really wanting to engage, but the first-half was the best we've played at City for years.

We've mastered playing away from home over the last few years, something we didn't manage in the glory years, now it's just the home form to sort out, which might take some time, and a churn or two.

Hardly embarrassing, yeah we collapsed after the 3rd went in and City just stood off us not really wanting to engage, but the first-half was the best we've played at City for years.

We've mastered playing away from home over the last few years, something we didn't manage in the glory years, now it's just the home form to sort out, which might take some time, and a churn or two.

Our record this season is almost identical home and away.

Last two seasons we’ve gone there and won on merit the first 45 was a pretty even match but that’s the worst we’ve defended against them in a while and were hugely outclassed in the second half.

The second half was embarrassing 2-1 down and didn’t even have a shot at their goal we were dominated by a very good side that are miles ahead of us at the moment and have been for some time. We just had no way of releasing the pressure in the second half.

Think Pep turned the game in their favour just before half-time when there was a delay because of the incident in the crowd, he ripped into his players, poor Cancelo, who has probably been the best fullback in Europe in the last few years was getting destroyed by Pep, do this, do that, no no no, do this do that, then Pep called Grealish over who probably thought he'd played well, by the time Pep finished with him he walked away fighting off the tears, our lot were stood in a huddle on the half-way line, drinking water in a George Formby moment "turned out nice again" with Ralf and his staff nowhere to be seen.

There's no truth in the rumour I was screaming at the TV wanting the Ref to sort it out at the time as coaches are not suppose to coach during the game, in progress or not.

Think Pep turned the game in their favour just before half-time when there was a delay because of the incident in the crowd, he ripped into his players, poor Cancelo, who has probably been the best fullback in Europe in the last few years was getting destroyed by Pep, do this, do that, no no no, do this do that, then Pep called Grealish over who probably thought he'd played well, by the time Pep finished with him he walked away fighting off the tears, our lot were stood in a huddle on the half-way line, drinking water in a George Formby moment "turned out nice again" with Ralf and his staff nowhere to be seen.

There's no truth in the rumour I was screaming at the TV wanting the Ref to sort it out at the time as coaches are not suppose to coach during the game, in progress or not.
Pep and the ref are not to blame for another disgraceful performance from this set of frauds

Let's make no excuses. Ole went to the Etihad 5 times. And never lost.

I hope today will stop the Lindelof bandwagon he was shockingly poor.

Not sure there's a lindelof bandwagon either, we have two terrible CB's. Maguire and lindelof need to leave. All I've ever said is Maguire is not better. And he's not

However, Ralph has not improved us. Stupid appointment and it would have been wiser to keep Ole until the end of the season than this shower that's going on. How many people are actually behind the scenes running team matters. Because it seems about 14.

What was that formation he picked today

Elanga, Sancho, can't think of another.
Of those that didn't play today, Varane.

Today, happy with certain aspects of the first half but the second half.........................the lack of effort is unforgivable, and what is even worse is that we cannot punish the players as we haven't got a good even squad to allow this. The lack of character and heart from the players is shameful. Maybe I didn't want to see or believe it, but the problem is much bigger than I thought. I find it inconceivable that Maguire and Lindelof can get bullied by De Bruyne, Foden and Silva. AWB casually jogging to a loose ball and being beaten and bullied by a more determined Foden. I'm of the mindset that the current team won't get fourth place, so start buiding for the future now and start playing the youngsters - Mejbri, Garner, Diallo, along with Elanga, but then I also want to protect them and not expose them unnecessarily. Aargh. How is it that we have a first team of players with very little footballing intelligence?

De Gea: woefully exposed repeatedly by the lack of protection ahead of him. Good saves but I can't decide if his distribution is poor or just the fact he has very few players giving him an opton. Need a keeper to challenge him but don't think Henderson is the answer.

Defence: poor today and for most of the season. AWB too casual, can't pass a ball. Lindelof shocking for the second goal, in the build up Maguire lets the ball pass through his legs instead of kicking it out for a corner. Telles not tracking De Bruyne for the first goal. We need a top quality CB partner for Varane, and fullbacks of course.

Midfield: we all know Fred and McTominay do not have the required quality. We should have sold Pogba a few years ago and he will now leave for free again. Sancho is starting to perform well but he needs to work harder to track back. Rashford and Lingard were anonymous when they came on. Don't know where Rashford's head is at the moment, there was a moment when we broke free and I think it was Bruno on the left however Marcus just got his head down and ran. eventually being crowded out by three City players. Elanga is progressing well. I thought substituting Pogba instead of either Fred or McTominay was a mistake as we lost any chance of retaining possession in midfield and passing it forward.

Strikers: Bruno played out of psition as a false 9, and on current form deserves to be dropped, however such is the state of the club that we don't have another no. 10. He is a player that should be the last piece of the jigsaw, when the rest of the team are a well drilled/disciplined machine and we can accommodate his constant loss of possession. At the moment, we need him to drop his histrionics on the pitch which have become tiresome and play with discipline. Ronaldo and Cavani will probably go in the summer, and Greenwood will never play for us again. So we need two new strikers.

I think it would be difficult for any manager to guide this team. My hope is that Ralf is donig his research on the current playing squad and will with the new manager look to try and improve it in the coming four transfer windows. I am leaning towards Ten Hag being given 5 years at least with a long term strategy. I don't think Pochettino could rebuild us.

Sorry for the rant and rambling.

Ralph was talking to the players.

There are no leaders in this team. They also mentioned Fred's involvement in a goal, just standing next the ref. Just about to watch highlights.

Did you watch motd? They did a piece highlighting the lack of effort. It's terrible really. But we've been saying this for so long.

I think all of those players today barring Sancho and de gea should be transfer listed.

Shameful.

But why play for a manager who isn't going to be there.

I'm beginning the think Keane needs to join the new coaching staff

And assembled this squad.
He got a lot of praise for his signings but actually they need to be looked at again. AWB hasn't been good, Maguire hasn't been what he was meant to be and then there's the squad signings of players like Telles.

He got a lot of praise for his signings but actually they need to be looked at again. AWB hasn't been good, Maguire hasn't been what he was meant to be and then there's the squad signings of players like Telles.
Every window we need three players who are better than what we have. Ole brought in Bruno and AWB, who were better than what we had. Next window, we needed 3 more and got…? Ole did okay on signings, but okay players would never have us challenging: we needed world class players and a world class manager, and we got neither. Klopp and Pep are two of the best managers in the world. To compete with that, we can’t have average players who blow hot and cold playing however they feel on the day.

Every window we need three players who are better than what we have. Ole brought in Bruno and AWB, who were better than what we had. Next window, we needed 3 more and got…? Ole did okay on signings, but okay players would never have us challenging: we needed world class players and a world class manager, and we got neither.
I don't think he did though. Sure AWB was an upgrade but United need better than that. You don't just sign to do better than what you have. Maguire was an upgrade but he wasn't at the level that United needed. Telles was not an upgrade. VDB was not an upgrade.

Some of these players are not motivated to win enough. That's their own problem. We need to target players with better mentality. Bruno, AWB, Rashford, Lingard, Fred, Mctom. All guilty of not working hard enough yesterday.

All of them need to go. We can't have players like that at the club. We are not good enough at football to compete, so we must make up for it in effort.

You aren't going to rebuild an entire squad in 1 summer.

Hopefully Rangnick can see which ones might be salvaged in a rebuild but some of it yesterday was pathetic the team just died on it's arse in the second half. They were outclassed by a far superior side. The worry for me is the ones you might want to keep might not want to stay.

4-1 but a bit of extra shine on the result for City but they're bringing lads off the bench who'd be starting every week for us.

They also clearly don't have these issues with any player who could be accused of being lazy or not trying it just isn't tolerated at City because of the culture they've created.

Once City cracked our system and how to exploit it we didn't really have an answer to it we couldn't adapt again and get any control back it just became one way traffic and the City passing just wore us down physically and mentally into submission.

Rangnick had nothing to really turn to on the bench he's got a confidence drained Rashford and Lingard who we all know wants to leave as his only real options he rolled the dice but nothing really happened.

The reaction is what really matters now when the bad results hit earlier in the season Utd couldn't break the cycle they can't allow this hangover to linger they have to react against Spurs.

You aren't going to rebuild an entire squad in 1 summer.
Spot on. They aren't and that's why they need to change their approach completely. They can't rebuild the squad entirely and so they can't compete for the title anytime soon. They need to have a complete overhaul and I think now is the time for them to do that.

Spot on. They aren't and that's why they need to change their approach completely. They can't rebuild the squad entirely and so they can't compete for the title anytime soon. They need to have a complete overhaul and I think now is the time for them to do that.

I think it's a two summer job you have to have a big clear out this summer and bring in a few new faces if we're in the europa league bring the best kids back and give them the europa and league cup matches to learn then next summer decide who's up to the task and go big again.

I think it's a two summer job you have to have a big clear out this summer and bring in a few new faces if we're in the europa league bring the best kids back and give them the europa and league cup matches to learn then next summer decide who's up to the task and go big again.
Sorry bud but it really isn't a 2 summer job. United are, at most, going to sign 4 first team players in the summer (and even that's a stretch to be honest). They need a lot more than 7-8 quality players. They need a direction, they need a plan, they need a new manager who can build that.

They also clearly don't have these issues with any player who could be accused of being lazy or not trying it just isn't tolerated at City because of the culture they've created.
That's because they know their manager won't take any crap. Don't put the effort in get on the bench. Agent whinges to the press, get off the bench and get sold.

It's a winning mentality and it start with the manager.

How many players go downhill under Pep? Not many. If any.

We aren't two windows away. I'm saying 6. At least 3 years to rebuild this dross.

Sorry bud but it really isn't a 2 summer job. United are, at most, going to sign 4 first team players in the summer (and even that's a stretch to be honest). They need a lot more than 7-8 quality players. They need a direction, they need a plan, they need a new manager who can build that.

Well hopefully that planning is already happening now that is what these new directors are for the decisions for next season should already be works in progress. The idea now isn't that the manager is the be all and end all of the club the people above that are setting the tone and the new manager needs to fit that style and identity.

I think it's two summer windows just to make a new squad you'll need to keep some of the existing players, hopefully some academy lads step up and you'll need to buy quite a few players as well in those two windows but it can be done if the clubs willing to spend the money and make tough decisions over moving existing players out.

2 summers is optimistic but with the right manager and the right signings it can change quickly but there's not much faith from me at this point that we can make this many right decisions in a row.

Not as bad as your boy Maguire.

Firstly if he wasn't as bad as Maguire he was still awful.

He's at fault for both the first two goals. How anyone is trying to pin the second on anyone but him is ridiculous the guy bottled the challenge. He's never a premier League defender. Go play in La Liga where your fear of getting hurt won't matter so much.

Most papers gave him a 4/10 for good reason.

Secondly Bruno and Pogba can't be criticised for their performance yesterday Ragnick is to blame for how they performed what was he thinking in the roles he played then in.

Anyone that thinks this squad isn't better than the squad Ole took on is dreaming. The squad isn't as bad as we want to make out but if you keep playing them in a fashion that doesn't suit they aren't going to do well.

I've given up on AWB how's he got back in the side.

United probably need 6 starting players in the first 11 if we want to compete for titles and want to not have to sit deep.

De Gea

Signing Varane Signing Shaw

Signing Signing

Sancho Bruno Rashford

Signing

Though I think sign a excellent DM and play Donny alongside him. Whose easily better than Fred and McT and showing he can do it in the prem. Watch his performance against this midfield a couple of weeks ago in a 2 alongside Allan.

And I'm happy to have Dalot in the side just get him doing crossing drills constantly to stop over hitting them. Great until that final ball in.

The most pressing issue is central midfield. We cannot continue with Fred and McT. I was arguing with someone the other day that Southampton don't have a better midfield than us. But he was probably right. Romeu and Ward-Prowse are better than what we've got.

That's because they know their manager won't take any crap. Don't put the effort in get on the bench. Agent whinges to the press, get off the bench and get sold.

It's a winning mentality and it start with the manager.

How many players go downhill under Pep? Not many. If any.

We aren't two windows away. I'm saying 6. At least 3 years to rebuild this dross.

Pep has had plenty of dud signings in his time at City but what they don't do is keep unhappy players at the club once a player isn't happy he's allowed to leave. They were willing to sell Laporte and Bernardo this summer but offers didn't come so they stayed.

It comes from above the manager it's an entire culture set by your owners if your owners demand the best of everything that's the standard that is set if your owners are in it for the money that's the culture you get.

I said two summer windows as that is where the work is done to get it back in some sort of shape that's what it took Pep at City to build a Pep side and he had a head start. Klopp I think within two summer windows had Liverpool looking like his vision of Liverpool.

Rangnick job now is to decide which parts of that squad could fit into a rebuild then prioritise the areas for this summer that have to be addressed first.

If the Ronaldo rumours are true. Ralf should show some balls and tell him to stay in Portugal and he'll never play for us again.

I expect a clear out of sorts in the summer.

Pogba and Lingard are destined to go. Cavani and Ronaldo will go in my opinion. Matic and Mata may stay but I wouldn’t at be surprised if they went as well. Then there is Jones, Henderson, Bailly, Martial, VDB to name a few who are 50-50. Who knows about Greenwood.

One thing for sure is we need to get the next coach in straight away so there can be transfer plans right from the get go. Knowing us though, we will stumble all summer with the manager and players - and McT and Fred will show up come the first game of the season as our first choice midfielders!

Yeah, we'll get a manager in July and spunk 100m on some crappy midfielder on deadline day. Spend 2 months haggling then pay what they wanted on day one.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back