Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would I consider to be that? My statement basically said most of what you read in the media is utter crap, which it is mostly.

Well as I said, we will see with Messi. I could be wrong, it has been know occasionally before haha

Isn't the deal being talk about based on him doing 3 years at City then 1 year at the New York club that's got the same owners.

But the FFP means he earns bugger all at City then gets about £400m to do one season in New York.

and in news to nobody

" LIONEL MESSI is considering staying at Barcelona for one more year, according to his father."

Question is do Barca want him to stay for 1 more season then leave on a free?

I think it will come down to can City afford a transfer fee for him and will Messi drop his wages to fit in their wage structure?

So his dad basically says there is no date in the contract just says that he must inform the club at the end of the season which they believe they have done so therefore the contract is finished and he's a free agent.

Well, if that's the case, then yeah he can go on a free. Interesting the difference in opinion.

If I'm being 100% honest. I couldn't give a toss, he's not coming to united so I don't care really.

Well, if that's the case, then yeah he can go on a free. Interesting the difference in opinion.

If I'm being 100% honest. I couldn't give a toss, he's not coming to united so I don't care really.
Is that a round about way of saying "I been talking BS for the last few days".

er no

I've been giving an opinion on what's been reported in the press, which was his contract had a date of June 10th. So I gave my opinion on that scenario.

We don't actually even know the report above is true either.

As I reposted, my actual opinion is he will stay at Barca.

We had a converstation yesterday on 120m for Sancho, we have no idea how much he will cost.

If we discuss the press reports that are 100% correct, we would have a very quiet forum.

er no

I've been giving an opinion on what's been reported in the press, which was his contract had a date of June 10th. So I gave my opinion on that scenario.

We don't actually even know the report above is true either.

As I reposted, my actual opinion is he will stay at Barca.

We had a converstation yesterday on 120m for Sancho, we have no idea how much he will cost.

If we discuss the press reports that are 100% correct, we would have a very quiet forum.
Don’t be worrying yourself about it. It just difficult for someone like myself who deals in fact to understand.

I'm a little confused. This clause that allows him to leave for free at the end of the season , is that just this season or every season?

yeah, and does it specify before next season starts?

The truth will come out soon I guess.

"La Liga has forwarded a response to the message sent by the representatives of the player Lionel Messi," the statement read.

"This answer highlights and confirms that their interpretation is out of context and far from the literality of the contract, so La Liga reiterates the statement published on August 30th."

I just find it hard to believe that a player you rate high enough to have a 700 million pound release clause would just be allowed to leave for nothing at the end of every season. Phil Jones must have messis old man as his agent.

I don't quite believe that statement from his dad. There is no way in a contract of a £700m player that clause would exist so open ended, surely. So he could leave half way through the season if he wanted. Surely it would have a date or a time period for it to be valid.

I just find it hard to believe that a player you rate high enough to have a 700 million pound release clause would just be allowed to leave for nothing at the end of every season. Phil Jones must have messis old man as his agent.

It was not the end of every season.

The contract they signed was a 3 year contract with a 1 year option.

The 3 years ended at the end of this season.

The option year was automatically applied unless the player wrote to the club informing them that he didn't wish to take up the extra 1 year on his deal by the end of the 2020 season.

The argument currently is was a specific date for this notice to be issued specified in the contract or was it worded in such a way that it was determined by the date the season actually finishes on.

Messi and his camp believe they have told the club that he doesn't want the extra year in line with the contract and is therefore now a free agent Barcelona claim that deadline has passed and therefore he has accepted the extra 1 year option on his deal.

Forget the argument over the 700m fee or any transfer fee the current argument is basically is he or isn't he a Barcelona player all La Liga are saying is that until they are told otherwise (by a court) they believe he's still a Barcelona player.

The fee is important in as far it lets you know it's a pretty major contract.

I don't think anyone with a 700m asset would put in a clause that basically said in the last 12 months of your deal you can walk away any time.

Minimum it would have a date or a time period surely?

It does feel a bit like the Messi camp are trying it on. Which is basically what La Liga have said. Even the extended had finished by the time he put in his request.

So we have a huge club like Barca and the biggest well paid footballer in the world with all his mega bucks legal entourage and it's basically turned into 'he said this, they said that, i want this but you did this.

What an utter, utter farce this guy is making of his legacy.

The fee is important in as far it lets you know it's a pretty major contract.

I don't think anyone with a 700m asset would put in a clause that basically said in the last 12 months of your deal you can walk away any time.

Minimum it would have a date or a time period surely?

It does feel a bit like the Messi camp are trying it on. Which is basically what La Liga have said. Even the extended had finished by the time he put in his request.

Again you are missing the point that's being argued.

There is no fee because there is no contract anymore the final year of the deal only applies if Messi agrees for it to apply his camp are saying he's served the necessary notice on time to reject the final year of the contract.

It's the reverse of the contracts Utd give players with a 1 year option where the club decides if they want to activate the extra year in the deal in this contact Messi decides if he wants to accept the 1 year.

The 700m euro release fee exists as a legal requirement in Spain where a player can buy out his contract or in most cases another club can pay that fee on a players behalf to release the player from his contract. That fee is agreed by both parties at the start of a contract it was put at 700m because of Neymar Barca wanted the figure so impossibly high that no club could pay it.

Contract wording is always better to be specific but sometimes it is vague which is where lawyers make their money. I do agree it seems to me like Messi is trying to break his contract as he's decided he wants out but it will come down to how that contract is worded the tactics are to force Barca to sell him.

Would be better done behind closed doors without Barca making Messi look a mug and vice versa.

no thats not right, he has to terminate the contract, not agree to extending it.

This what his dad said the clause says:

"This compensation will not apply when the termination of the contract by the unilateral decision of the player takes effect starting from the end of the 2019/2020 sporting season."

La Liga have said there are other clauses that need to be read with this one.

"This answer highlights and confirms that their interpretation is out of context and far from the literality of the contract, so La Liga reiterates the statement published on August 30th."

What I was saying above was, the clause his dad printed, seems a bit vague to me. He could walk away mid season according to that. Is how I read it.

Hey, let's be honest, no one has any idea what's going on. If the two legal teams don't know then we surely don't. I'm just interpreting my idea of what i've read.

Not sure either party are coming out of this with great credit. I suppose it's how the +1 year is interpreted

Lionel Messi to Goal: "I wasn't happy and I wanted to leave. I have not been allowed this in any way and I will STAY at the club so as not to get into a legal dispute. The management of the club led by Bartomeu is a disaster"

So, all is well and Messi is a happy bunny :p

So we have a huge club like Barca and the biggest well paid footballer in the world with all his mega bucks legal entourage and it's basically turned into 'he said this, they said that, i want this but you did this.

What an utter, utter farce this guy is making of his legacy.
Yep, he's a twat and he's made a complete fool of me. los blancos will be around shortly for his moment of glory :oops:

So he’s staying basically saying he’s been shafted by the president who said he could leave then went back on his word and now wants to hold him to his contract.

Was pretty scathing in his comments basically said he wanted to leave as he didn’t feel he could achieve his goals at the club wanted to move aside and allow new players to come in and rebuild the club.

Koeman has a big job to convince him the rebuild will be quick and that the best thing for him is to sign another deal and stay for the rest of his career.

Koeman has a big job to convince him the rebuild will be quick and that the best thing for him is to sign another deal and stay for the rest of his career.
Who would actually want him now? He clearly is a misguided rabble rouser

Who would actually want him now? He clearly is a misguided rabble rouser

If there’s one rule in football it’s that you’ll be forgiven for pretty much anything if you’re bloody good.

Get him on the pitch and he’ll get on with his job like all players but doesn’t look like he’ll be staying past this season.

He’s always been a moody git think he’s on his 3rd international retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back