Loan Watch 2023/24: Jadon Sancho at Dortmund

Don't think you can judge a player unless you're watching him myself.

That's a discussion only you can have with yourself.
Er, not really. A player who is performing and playing well is rarely subbed early. A player who is underperforming and struggling is usually replaced. Unless the use of the question mark has caused confusion?

Er, not really. A player who is performing and playing well is rarely subbed early. A player who is underperforming and struggling is usually replaced. Unless the use of the question mark has caused confusion?

If he's only got 75 minutes in his legs he is. I doubt EtH sent him to Holland the year before last to pick him up some Tulips.

Me! confused ¿

"Jadon Sancho was named Player of the Match after sending Dortmund through to the Champions League quarter-finals"

Pretty good goal too.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yep hopefully a few extra £££'s on the offers for him this summer.

Think I read he scored at the weekend as well in the league.

Yeah, unfortunately he picked up an injury, and won't be able to play for a couple of weeks. Never great for a player who's playing well. Suits us though if he plays well, not just for extra money in offers, but also if we were to consider keeping him.

It's international week so if it's not a serious injury he'll only miss 1 game.

I just don't see a way back for him at Utd regardless of who the manager is and who was at fault. If I was a manager I wouldn't want him around.

They said a couple of weeks, so doesn't seem like a bad one.

Don't know though about having him back - if he's ending that loan with a good return on goals, assists and performance then I don't see why we wouldn't give him another chance. We paid a lot for him, and the ony way to really see a return on that investment is have him play well for us. Cause nobody wants to pay anywhere close to what we did, right now.

Don't know though about having him back - if he's ending that loan with a good return on goals, assists and performance then I don't see why we wouldn't give him another chance. We paid a lot for him, and the ony way to really see a return on that investment is have him play well for us. Cause nobody wants to pay anywhere close to what we did, right now.

I just think he went way to far with what he did showed to me that he doesn't really respect the authority of the manager and you can't really have people like that around a club as high profile as Utd.

I think he's had a few chances with us he misses a lot of games and his performances at Utd were very hit and miss... mostly miss to be honest.

What we paid Dortmund doesn't really matter now with the way FFP works Utd only need around £30m this summer to cover what they still owe, that's not a huge fee. To me it's the right time to sell him and everyone can move on.

I just think he went way to far with what he did showed to me that he doesn't really respect the authority of the manager and you can't really have people like that around a club as high profile as Utd.

I think he's had a few chances with us he misses a lot of games and his performances at Utd were very hit and miss... mostly miss to be honest.

What we paid Dortmund doesn't really matter now with the way FFP works Utd only need around £30m this summer to cover what they still owe, that's not a huge fee. To me it's the right time to sell him and everyone can move on.
The whole thing just makes me sad. I expected so much from him when we bought him.

Pretty sure SJR is considering keeping Mason Greenwood, so that for me suggests he's looking at the cases more in a business sense, and my well decide to give Sancho another chance too.

I'm a little less in his corner these days, I think. I wouldn't mind a sale either at this point and get where you are coming from, and most of the fans in this case.

The whole thing just makes me sad. I expected so much from him when we bought him.

Pretty sure SJR is considering keeping Mason Greenwood, so that for me suggests he's looking at the cases more in a business sense, and my well decide to give Sancho another chance too.

I'm a little less in his corner these days, I think. I wouldn't mind a sale either at this point and get where you are coming from, and most of the fans in this case.

Think we all did but it just hasn't worked out for anyone (other than Dortmund). He got off to a bad start with the injury issues when he arrived and he never really seemed to get going. Joined the club at a very turbulent time wasn't like he joined a settled team everything at the club has been chaotic in the last 2-3 years.

I don't think Greenwood is coming back. The answer SJR gave the other day when questioned was a classic "say something without actually saying anything" answer. I'm 99% certain he will never play for Utd again, I took his answer as a tactic of leave the door open so that you aren't completely killing his transfer value in the summer.

Think we all did but it just hasn't worked out for anyone (other than Dortmund). He got off to a bad start with the injury issues when he arrived and he never really seemed to get going. Joined the club at a very turbulent time wasn't like he joined a settled team everything at the club has been chaotic in the last 2-3 years.

I don't think Greenwood is coming back. The answer SJR gave the other day when questioned was a classic "say something without actually saying anything" answer. I'm 99% certain he will never play for Utd again, I took his answer as a tactic of leave the door open so that you aren't completely killing his transfer value in the summer.
I'd still like to see them both have a return to the team and see where it goes from there. Final chance. With Greenwood it'd be a case of testing the reaction he gets from the majority of our fans as I don't think anybody else matters. The press and other fans can go **** off to be honest.

That's just my preference, I'm not totally against their sales either, like I said.

I'd still like to see them both have a return to the team and see where it goes from there. Final chance. With Greenwood it'd be a case of testing the reaction he gets from the majority of our fans as I don't think anybody else matters. The press and other fans can go **** off to be honest.

That's just my preference, I'm not totally against their sales either, like I said.

I think we've seen the reaction to Greenwood already they tried to bring him back and fans including ours rejected him, why bother trying again? I personally want absolutely nothing to do with him.

I think we've seen the reaction to Greenwood already they tried to bring him back and fans including ours rejected him, why bother trying again? I personally want absolutely nothing to do with him.
Because maybe things have settled down in regard to what he did. Maybe less people care now and have moved on.

Her whole family has forgiven him, and so has she. They're getting on with life, so who are we to judge?

Because maybe things have settled down in regard to what he did. Maybe less people care now and have moved on.

Her whole family has forgiven him, and so has she. They're getting on with life, so who are we to judge?

The issue there is it's not for her and her family to forgive him and move on if he did the things she claimed he did he should have been up in court for a jury to decide as they are criminal acts not a civil dispute. It isn't up to the family to decide if the CPS will prosecute a case.

We also don't know how the family feel about the whole thing as none of them have spoken on the record, so it's wrong to speculate.

For whatever reason she's decided to withdraw as a witness, which is why the case collapsed and she's got back with him.

Well we are fans we cheer on the team as they are meant to represent us and right now I don't want to cheer on a guy that as far as I'm concerned slapped his girlfriend around and got away with it because she decided to take him back.

The issue there is it's not for her and her family to forgive him and move on if he did the things she claimed he did he should have been up in court for a jury to decide as they are criminal acts not a civil dispute. It isn't up to the family to decide if the CPS will prosecute a case.

We also don't know how the family feel about the whole thing as none of them have spoken on the record, so it's wrong to speculate.

For whatever reason she's decided to withdraw as a witness, which is why the case collapsed and she's got back with him.

Well we are fans we cheer on the team as they are meant to represent us and right now I don't want to cheer on a guy that as far as I'm concerned slapped his girlfriend around and got away with it because she decided to take him back.
It was not that because she dropped her case that CPS did not proceed with it. It is because they would not have a case when she decided not to proceed. They are different. If they have evidence to convict him or even go to a trial they would have gone and she would become a hostile witness. A person is innocent unless proven guilty in a court of law.

I sense this is something you feel strongly about, so I'm not going to try and change your mind or anything like that, but for me the simple fact of the matter is the law. He's innocent until proven guilty, and everyone should remember that. I'd be fine for him to come back and just play football. Nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't need to be any more complex than that.

I do agree with what's been said though, and that is that this has been done to death, and it's a sensitive case, so I think it's best left there. At least that's my final say about it. Feel free to reply, but I'm done with it.

I would keep Sancho unless we can recoup a large amout of the fee.

The right manager then he could do well. He seems like a difficult lad to manage.

I have no problem with his stance on ETH, If my boss lied about me publicly, which his his view, then I would do the same.

Can’t blame Eth either because he didn’t set the world alight under Ole, get rid asap.

"Jadon Sancho was named Player of the Match after sending Dortmund through to the Champions League quarter-finals"

Pretty good goal too.

Psv should have beat them especially second half .He was never mom.

Sky Germany reporting that Dortmund are willing to sign him but they are only willing to pay 35m euro and Sancho needs to accept a big pay cut to fit in their wage structure. I suspect Utd will try to get them up nearer to 50m euro but feels like that's going to be tough as while he's doing ok now he's not exactly setting the world alight.

He's got two years left on his deal so he might need to accept a huge reduction but spread that over a new 5 year deal with Dortmund.

It might just be that Dortmund is the right place for him the demands at the biggest clubs are to much for him but a club like Dortmund where there's less pressure and media focus allows him to drift in and out of form a bit easier.

Germany is the best place for him, "run you lazy bastard" in German does sound like a compliment to the untrained ear of an Englisher

Maybe if he joins them again he'll actually bother to learn the language this time.

Good goal that. Don't think he's really doing a lot in Germany though if I'm honest. Checked stats, and it's hardly value raising.

Lost 4-1 didn’t they, I wouldn’t get too excited about him scoring the odd goal he can’t do it in the PL

Worth noting his form in terms of goals and assists is pretty much the same as Antony since January.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back