Liverpool 2020/21 Discussion

aren't all these results just because there has been no pre season?
Could be a lack of fans? Defenders maybe switch off which must feel like glorified training games without fans. That’s one thought. But another is that the standard of defending in this league just isn’t there.

It’s definitely exciting and to be honest this league is wide open this year. City and Liverpool may end up as the top two but their defences also look wobbly. Makes for great entertainment though!

Shaqiri tested positive for Covid now that makes him the 3rd player in a week.

Could be a lack of fans? Defenders maybe switch off which must feel like glorified training games without fans. That’s one thought. But another is that the standard of defending in this league just isn’t there.

It’s definitely exciting and to be honest this league is wide open this year. City and Liverpool may end up as the top two but their defences also look wobbly. Makes for great entertainment though!
You got it right the first time, it is lack of fans. The atmosphere is just weird and uninspiring. They dont even have their dads on the touchline, that was enough to gee me on as a young lad.

How Pickford didn't get sent off is a joke.

Liverpool's first test, no VVD for a while

Think they will really struggle without him even though he’s been in dodgy form recently he’s miles better than the rest of their defenders with Allison out as well could be struggling to keep the goals out.

They really need to sort out the offside and VAR. Have to admit that Liverpool were robbed.

Just bin off the technology part I reckon you freeze the action and do it by eye only give offside if it’s obvious.

Trying to be mm accurate when the technology doesn’t give you mm accuracy and still requires human input really is pointless.

Matip also got a knock vs Everton so missing the CL game tonight.

Alexander-Arnold is struggling defensively as well so there's plenty to be worried about for the Liverpool fans this season.

Reports that Joe Gomez has suffered a serious injury in England training

anyone who can put a good run together can win this league this year.

Still think Liverpool will be in the mix but you can't see them going anywhere near 100 points might be a bit more like the gung ho style we saw 2 seasons ago rather than last season where they were just a relentless winning machine nicking games by 1-0 or 2-1.

Does feel like it's there for a surprise this season if a club can stay healthy and just get on a run.

The league could do with a close run title this season only had 1 proper title race in the last 5 seasons since Leicester won it in the 4 other seasons 1 team just pulled away and no one could keep up with them and title was very early.

Will Liverpool panic and go into the transfer market in January?

Do Liverpool have that gung ho style in them still? That was only allowed to happen by the stupidity of managers playing a high line against them and letting Mane and Salah score a billion goals in the counter. Then managers started dropping the line a little deeper and the goals stopped flowing as much.

Even before Gomez injury I didn't think Liverpool could win the title without Van Dijk. I don't actually think they'll finish in the top 2 now with these injuries.

City
Chelsea

Would be how I see it after the start to the season. Chelsea seem to have settled quicker than I thought they would and City aren't as far off the pace as is being made out again like us theyve got the game in hand and people are blowing it our of proportion.

Chelsea always have a feel of implosion about them, but currently they do seem to be doing well.

I still think united will be in the mix. And Spurs of course, wouldn't put it past Jose, he would love that.

You have to say based purely on the start to the season that Liverpool looked the best bet but the injuries are surely going to slow them down the midfield having to work even harder to protect that defence without Van Dijk can those full backs be as brave and push as high as they do when he's around.

Not sure any of the chasers look in great nick all got weaknesses.

City look a bit off it going forward this season think age is catching up with a few and lost some key contributors in Sane and David Silva.
Chelsea got a lot of new players to settle in don't see to have quite worked it out yet.
Utd didn't solve key areas of weakness in the summer.
Spurs look to have settled on an XI that the manager likes but how long before Kane gets injured and it all goes tits up as per normal.
Arsenal look more solid as a side but really lacking creativity going forward.

Guess we'll no more in 10 games time when we're at the half way point which clubs have found that balance and put the points on the board looks like it'll be 80-90 points to win the league this year rather than 90-100 which I think brings more clubs into the fight

Spurs need to keep Son and Kane fit, then they've got every chance.

I still fancy united, we've been awful but with our game in hand we're still in there. So it can only improve for us.

United are far from being out of the mix. They are certain to improve as the season progresses.

Salad getting COVID now and Cbs al injured next match against Leicester if Liverpool win then pair play not that I’ll be happy about it , it makes my day when they lose they’ll probably get a 90th min pen again like last season

Good to see him properly pointing the finger at the broadcasters over some of the scheduling.

Clubs playing in Europe should never be in the 12.30 slot on Saturday.

On the football side of things huge win for them yesterday with all the injuries beating a bit of a bogey side for them they look on track for another one sadly.

Yes, I think they will unfortunately win again this year. Despite injuries and absences are still on top.

Neco Williams gives away and obvious penalty and then Maupay misses the target. So frustrating.

Liverpool with an extremely tight 1 disallowed. We'll call it evens

92nd min and a second Brighton penalty makes it 1-1. 90 seconds to play.

I accidentally left Mane captain this week.

Didn’t see the game but that pen is very soft.

Klopp got himself into a back and forth with the BT Sport interviewer after the game he went after Klopp over his digs at the broadcaster for picking Liverpool for the 12.30 slot.

Thiago out until new year.

Milner also injured at the weekend.

They really are dropping like flies and you can tell Klopp is fuming about all of this.

So lucky with injuries last season , this season has only just begun I can see a lot more injuries to every squad yet to come unfortunately

Neville uses facts to destroy the argument this season is more difficult for top clubs.

I think it's slightly different now because we have 2 TV Companies and the way the deal works BT Sport get a fixed slot which is the 12.30 KO the only restriction on BT is they can't pick the teams in Europa League. BT get the second pick of games after Sky.

Sky get the first pick of the games for the prime time 4.30 Sunday slot again they can't pick a team that plays following Tuesday in CL for that slot.

So given BT want the game that gets the biggest audience it's very likely that Utd or Liverpool get picked for that 12.30 slot.

Managers have been moaning about the fixtures schedules forever I do think this season it's stupid we don't have 5 subs in the league given the shorter schedule and shorter pre season. I think that's Klopp's main gripe rather than fixtures so now that he's lost that argument he's diverting his attention elsewhere.

The clubs sold their control and in return they get the money that pays for Klopp's contract and those of his players so you can't start calling for player welfare if the PL wanted to change that deal now because of Covid with BT they probably have to give some money back and I've no doubt Klopp's bosses would vote against that plan.

After this weekend Liverpool go Tuesday, Sunday Wednesday, Sunday so while last week was tough this week they get it a bit easier with the slightly longer break.

Neville showed regarding the 12:30 slot though the maximum times Liverpool can be picked this season is 6. United in 2003 had it 12 times.

I know back then we used to get picked a lot because it was the best slot for the Asian market where Utd had huge pull so we probably weren't that upset as a club to get that extra exposure. Think we've already had two of these early kick off slots Brighton (a) and Everton (a).

You do have to factor in that this season is a season like no other we've cut a month off the normal length of the season so the schedule is crazy and I think managers are getting annoyed with that.

Klopp has always been outspoken on a number of issues so it's no real surprise he's kicking off about it doesn't hurt to have your excuses out in public for when the bad results come.

Maybe next time around the second pick slot needs to go to the 5.30 Saturday slot

1-0 Fulham after 25 minutes.

Fulham should be out of sight. They've dominated this opening half hour

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back