Liverpool 2020/21 Discussion

You knew the equaliser was coming Fulham could and should have been out of sight but keeper kept them in it.

Matip off injured again as well at half time.

Not messing around today. Started Salah on the bench and put 7 pass Palace

Liverpool will win the league quite comfortably.
They will probably win it next year, too.
That will give them 21 titles and at least 6 champions leagues...
...which will make them Britain’s most decorated club!!!
In fact, that will happen this year...
Or, maybe, they are already.
You are losing ground.
And if the FIFA club World Cup takes place in 2021, with 8 teams from Europe (Liverpool have, reportedly, already accepted), there is every likelihood that United will miss out.
They call it the £100million tournament.
It will replace the current structure and be held every 4 years.
I’m not gloating or rubbing your noses in Liverpool’s success...
...just pointing out it’s time United put a foot on the accelerator.

What's that got to do with Leeds Vs United? I'd be careful writing off City this and next season already also. I know you want to wind people up but we are 13 games in to this season let alone next. I'm sure they'll go big again in the summer if they need to.

I’m not gloating. Honestly...
...and I know it was outside the thread, but I thought it was mildly appropriate given Liverpool were leading 4-0 at the time.
Forget City. Liverpool, with their youngsters, are extremely strong. If they played in Spain, they would clearly be the outstanding team.
I’m not provoking, just saying “get a move on”.
I’ve always preferred United, but it seems you’ve started looking at top 4...
...not top 1.
When Messi, Pep and co were inspiring Barcelona, it really hurt...
...couldn’t bear it.
I could never settle for 2nd best. Hate them so much!!!
Must be that way for all of you...

It hurts me to say this but Liverpool having 6 CL to our 3 and us only having 1 league more makes them a superior team anyway so if they were to win the next 2 leagues which they won’t then nothing new I’m sure Klopp will leave and I’m hoping we come up again like they have that’s just how it goes

I’m not gloating. Honestly...
...and I know it was outside the thread, but I thought it was mildly appropriate given Liverpool were leading 4-0 at the time.
Forget City. Liverpool, with their youngsters, are extremely strong. If they played in Spain, they would clearly be the outstanding team.
I’m not provoking, just saying “get a move on”.
I’ve always preferred United, but it seems you’ve started looking at top 4...
...not top 1.
When Messi, Pep and co were inspiring Barcelona, it really hurt...
...couldn’t bear it.
I could never settle for 2nd best. Hate them so much!!!
Must be that way for all of you...

I've moved it to the Liverpool thread which is more appropriate as it's nothing to do with the United Vs Leeds thread.

Of course no United fan wants to see Liverpool winning titles. However to call it wrapped up this early isnt the case. If you assume Tottenham United and City win Thier games in hand the gaps is 3, 2 and 5 points.

I don't think any United fan accepts being second best but we don't have the power to change the Glazers feelings of top 4 being enough to bring in the money.

Looks ominous doesn’t it.

They’re a very good side with a great manager no use crying about it need our lot to come up with a proper plan to get better than them as quick as possible.

At least there’s rumours that Salah wants out.

That Salah rumour has been going about for 2 years. Even if it's true, like Pogba, who can afford him

United will come again...
...sorry to everyone for posting inappropriately.
I will stick to the thread topic in future.
You will win tomorrow.

It hurts me to say this but Liverpool having 6 CL to our 3 and us only having 1 league more makes them a superior team anyway so if they were to win the next 2 leagues which they won’t then nothing new I’m sure Klopp will leave and I’m hoping we come up again like they have that’s just how it goes
Liverpool have 2. Their first 4 were in a drastically different format, and were not called Champions League. The competition was so different (e.g. initially a straight knockout tournament open only to the champions of Europe's domestic leagues, 16 total teams [wiki]) that it isn't anywhere near what the CL is now. They can say they were champions of Europe 6X but they have won the CL twice, same as us. In 1999, we played 10 matches in total. In 2008, 12 matches in total. Liverpool played 5 when they won in 1977.

Liverpool have 2. Their first 4 were in a drastically different format, and were not called Champions League. The competition was so different (e.g. initially a straight knockout tournament open only to the champions of Europe's domestic leagues, 16 total teams [wiki]) that it isn't anywhere near what the CL is now. They can say they were champions of Europe 6X but they have won the CL twice, same as us. In 1999, we played 10 matches in total. In 2008, 12 matches in total. Liverpool played 5 when they won in 1977.
Yes you are correct but if it was the other way around we would be rubbing it in there face and so are they

The fact is, the old format had less games and easier teams. You wouldn't have barca and Madrid and Atletico for example. You'd have the Spanish champions and the Hungarian champions for example. It was an easier tournament to win.

You can’t just edit history should we count 99 as we qualified as league runner up Liverpool had to win the league to get a shot in those days. Travel wasn’t as easy, squads were smaller, less foreign players made domestic teams much more settled and no margin for error. Take Ajax as an example 30 years ago they’d have kept the squad together for 4 or 5 years now it’s been gutted in space of 18 months.

The group stage of the CL in just a money spinner it means nothing to the tournament how often do the true heavy hitters fail to get out. In our prime years think we went out in the group stage once in 2012. Even the dreadful Barca side we’ve seen this season got through their group. We got unlucky with 3 strong sides in one group this rarely happens.

You can’t just edit history should we count 99 as we qualified as league runner up Liverpool had to win the league to get a shot in those days. Travel wasn’t as easy, squads were smaller, less foreign players made domestic teams much more settled and no margin for error. Take Ajax as an example 30 years ago they’d have kept the squad together for 4 or 5 years now it’s been gutted in space of 18 months.

The group stage of the CL in just a money spinner it means nothing to the tournament how often do the true heavy hitters fail to get out. In our prime years think we went out in the group stage once in 2012. Even the dreadful Barca side we’ve seen this season got through their group. We got unlucky with 3 strong sides in one group this rarely happens.
Sorry friend, but you're wrong. It was easier back when Liverpool won 4 and harder since it became the CL.

Sorry friend, but you're wrong. It was easier back when Liverpool won 4 and harder since it became the CL.

Doesn’t give you the right to edit history though as many different factors were at play they won their cups fair and square playing by the rules as they were at the time just like we did so rather than try and take them away makes you look petty. It’s not that Liverpool should have won less it’s really that Utd should have won more we had plenty of chances under Fergie and blew it in semi finals.

The competition now is tougher to win not because of the new format or more games it’s because of the concentration of all the football worlds wealth and therefore talent at a much smaller group of clubs.

Doesn’t give you the right to edit history though as many different factors were at play they won their cups fair and square playing by the rules as they were at the time just like we did so rather than try and take them away makes you look petty. It’s not that Liverpool should have won less it’s really that Utd should have won more we had plenty of chances under Fergie and blew it in semi finals.

The competition now is tougher to win not because of the new format or more games it’s because of the concentration of all the football worlds wealth and therefore talent at a much smaller group of clubs.
"Edit history"? I don't even know what you're going on about. They didn't win 6 Champions Leagues, period.

"Edit history"? I don't even know what you're going on about. They didn't win 6 Champions Leagues, period.

Just because they gave it a new name doesn’t delete what came before.

We didn’t win 20 league titles by your logic just the 13 Premier League titles.

They’ve won 6 European cups the top tier European title on offer they’ve got 6 we’ve got 3 I can’t bloody stand it but that’s reality.

Annoyingly they’re still much closer to their 7th than we are to our 4th.

Just because they gave it a new name doesn’t delete what came before.

We didn’t win 20 league titles by your logic just the 13 Premier League titles.

They’ve won 6 European cups the top tier European title on offer they’ve got 6 we’ve got 3 I can’t bloody stand it but that’s reality.

Annoyingly they’re still much closer to their 7th than we are to our 4th.
Dude, pay attention. League titles are league titles, champions of Europe are champions of Europe. The Premier League is a separate entity from what came before, exactly like the Champions League. No one won the Premier League prior to 1992 because it did not exist. If you say that someone did, you are wrong. Same with Champions League. It is not the same competition, and the clue to that is that is has a different name etc.

If you changed your gender, yes you would.

No one is trying to take a away their medals.

Just saying it was an easier tournament to win back then.
But they won it under the rules at the time so fair due's.

For me, their current team is much better. And more exciting to watch

Gotta side with JSP and Los Blancos here. Even if the competition was easier to win it is still in effect the same competition.

The same with Sir Alex knocking them off their perch. It was 19-18 in league titles. Not 1-0 on premier leagues.

I imagine it was easier to win a league title before than it is now. How likely are you to see a team bounce up from the championship and win the league the following season now days? But we still count all league titles.

I don't even agree the league is the same, you used to get 2 points for a win, so arguably it was harder back then.

But like I said, you can only win the stuff put in front of you.

I'm not trying to take anyone's medals, just acknowledging the competitions have changed

That's Fulham, West Brom and Newcastle that Liverpool have dropped points against in recent weeks. 4 of the bottom 6 they've dropped points to.

Think Thiago being back is a boost but they look shaky at the back.

Still the team to beat but unlike last 2 seasons they look vulnerable.

It will happen to us soon, everyone will have a tough period this year. That's when the team will need backing.

Good thing is, for the OT game, crowds might be back

It will happen to us soon, everyone will have a tough period this year. That's when the team will need backing.

Good thing is, for the OT game, crowds might be back

Admire the optimism but I don't see crowds back again this season.

They're definitely rattled Klopp going on about Utd penalties in his post game interview.

Didn't see the game but sounds like they struggled to create any chances which has been a problem for them away from home lots of the ball but no cutting edge.

You are correct though our wobble will come it's how quickly you can recover from it that will decide titles this season.

I thought I read quite close the end in the BBC feed they had had 1 shot on target. Lots of Liverpool fans saying TAA needs to find his form quick

I thought I read quite close the end in the BBC feed they had had 1 shot on target. Lots of Liverpool fans saying TAA needs to find his form quick
Yep, Liverpool were pretty toothless to be fair, only 1 shot on target and even though they dominated possession they didnt look brilliant.

Klopp moaning about United in his post match presser, that to me says he's starting to feel the heat, deflecting a poor performance by slagging the team level on points as you didnt get a penalty ?

Its very early, but we just have to keep this run going, feels so good to be involved.

Klopp moaning about United in his post match presser, that to me says he's starting to feel the heat, deflecting a poor performance by slagging the team level on points as you didnt get a penalty ?
straight out of Fergies book that.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back