Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sancho is having a poor season so far apparantly, 120m bullet dodged?

11 league starts 0 goals imagine if we payed 120m for him ? All on Dortmund’s head , Man United were rite not to pay anywhere near the money We should move on and I think we will

Young players always have ups and downs apparently he’s looked a shadow of the player he was last season in games it’s not just the goals that are lacking.

The price was stupid and we were right not to pay it but we should consider going back in the summer if Dortmund are prepared to drop the price.

Probably an off season is good for us, they could demand a higher fee after a stellar season but if he continues to have a mare, then it might do us a favour.

No doubt he is a talented player but like jsp said young players have ups and downs, I wouldn’t be reading to much into it. By all accounts looks like Dortmund are having a bit of a stinker with Haaland now out for a bit.

A lot of noise coming out today saying he’s still our number 1 target I think we need a CB first what does everyone eles think? Scoring isn’t the problem it’s conceding

A lot of noise coming out today saying he’s still our number 1 target I think we need a CB first what does everyone eles think? Scoring isn’t the problem it’s conceding

Scoring against teams that sit deep is still a problem 1 high scoring game hasn’t changed that.

I still think a creative right sided player is essential but Sancho will depend on Dortmund’s pricing if they’re sticking to their price we need to look elsewhere.

I never thought he wasn't our main target to be honest. And I disagree about the goals. Weiss lots of chances.

My order would be

RW, striker,CM,CB,

I never thought he wasn't our main target to be honest. And I disagree about the goals. Weiss lots of chances.

My order would be

RW, striker,CM,CB,
We’re 2nd only behind Liverpool for goals scored and have a game in hand but we have the 2nd worse defence (in top half)

We miss loads. Take Bruno's goals away. Our main striker has few

If I was spending big money I'm buying a right winger. Greenwood does a job out there but he isn't a right winger.

We need both not either/or though.

I take it everyone’s opinions are we need a RW more importantly then a CB if that’s our main priority we should win the league if we get a RW

We're not winning the league with a new CB either You take Bruno out and we are goal shy. We need more attacking options and a decent defensive midfielder

Our defence isn't great but it's not that bad either. Wasn't it the best in the league last year. Or close to

Think there's a lot of work to do to win the league but for me RW has been neglected for far to long and it just needs sorting out maybe they feel in Diallo they've got a kid who really is ready I hope so as someone just ticking that box will do us some good.

In terms of winning a title a top class centre back, holding midfielder and centre forward are also required maybe even a keeper so there's still a lot of work to be done.

Some reporting that the price tag will be as low as £50m this summer if Dortmund fail to make the champions League.

Heard he's found a bit of form again after a dodgy start to the season.

Dortmund will probably need to sell a player this summer he's the one that probably makes sense as they have lots of wide players but the price will be nowhere near what they asked for last summer. Last time I looked CL qualification wasn't even guaranteed for them they've sacked the manager and not really recovered just a season drifting away from them at the moment.

Last summer you could easily argue £50-60m was a fair price for him but they wanted £110m and that gap between the valuations is why the deal never happened.

I'm not even sure Utd will be in for him this summer Greenwood is coming along nicely as a right sided player and they spent big on Diallo so surely next season he has to be considered a first team option?

I'd still love to see him come to Utd but the whole deal would need to be much cheaper not only the transfer fee but off the back of this season the wages he could demand would surely be dropping too.

Feels like money will be spent on central areas this summer CB, CM and CF not necessarily on wide players if Diallo is going to be first team ready by then.

Wasn't going to take long was it.

You'd hope Utd know the deal this time around and move early before the Euro's to get him in the bag if he's still the number 1 target.

Last I heard was Dortmund have dropped the fee quite a bit but Sancho and his agent are after big figures that might put off Utd.

Utd just need to be clear early on either we do the deal or we make it known we are out of the race.

You'd hope Utd know the deal this time around and move early before the Euro's to get him in the bag if he's still the number 1 target.
This! Perhaps it's because I'm still bitter about the other night, but we cannot be screwing around this summer. ID targets, and if Sancho is one (and he should be), get it done early. I know long drawn out transfer sagas equals the mentions and social media clicks that fuels Ed's fantasies, but we need reinforcements and the whole world knows it. The longer we wait, the higher the price becomes, and the more options come off the table.

I want us to be ruthless this summer and send a message. Top class talent. No messing around. Get it done!!! @#$#

This! Perhaps it's because I'm still bitter about the other night, but we cannot be screwing around this summer. ID targets, and if Sancho is one (and he should be), get it done early. I know long drawn out transfer sagas equals the mentions and social media clicks that fuels Ed's fantasies, but we need reinforcements and the whole world knows it. The longer we wait, the higher the price becomes, and the more options come off the table.

I want us to be ruthless this summer and send a message. Top class talent. No messing around. Get it done!!! @#$#

See I just think last summer there was no chance of Sancho the moment the pandemic hit and Dortmund decided to hold the price where Utd messed up with not making that known.

If Sancho is still the number 1 target then the deal should already be close to done as we should have been working on it for the last few months but who knows.

If Dortmund are still holding the price high just walk away and go elsewhere.

The club has this new management structure designed to make us a smoother operation when it comes to signings they need to deliver the goods this summer.

As far as I'm concerned for me Sancho is a no brainer. Tell them it's £75m (if we can afford that) take it or leave it we won't be going any higher and if it isn't done before the euros we are moving on to other targets. Dortmund can't be demanding that money again because everyones finances are screwed.

Get Greenwood down the middle.

If we didn't have a chance of signing Sancho last summer then we shouldn't have agreed wages and agent fees and then spent the summer messing around with Dortmund over the fee. His absence was a key part of the imbalance we see in the squad, so Ole clearly had him identified as a priority. If Sancho is doable this summer, do it ASAP. If not, say no, move on and get somebody else of a similar quality done.

My greatest fear is we spend the summer hemming and hawing over the fee, decide to move on last minute and get another knock-off version on stupid wages. Also, we all know Ed doesn't do multiple deals simultaneously, so the more time we spend on a Sancho means other areas don't get addressed.

If we didn't have a chance of signing Sancho last summer then we shouldn't have agreed wages and agent fees and then spent the summer messing around with Dortmund over the fee. His absence was a key part of the imbalance we see in the squad, so Ole clearly had him identified as a priority. If Sancho is doable this summer, do it ASAP. If not, say no, move on and get somebody else of a similar quality done.

My greatest fear is we spend the summer hemming and hawing over the fee, decide to move on last minute and get another knock-off version on stupid wages. Also, we all know Ed doesn't do multiple deals simultaneously, so the more time we spend on a Sancho means other areas don't get addressed.

We don't know how far things actually went with Sancho there's always lots of talk involving Utd every summer because of the size of the club but the vast majority of what was written will have been nonsense.

Dortmund made it quite clear they'd set a price and wouldn't be budging as far as I know Utd had one discussion with Dortmund and were told no negotiating and at that point everything stopped. Utd did start looking at alternatives Coman was one but Bayern didn't want to sell and Dembele was another but Barca were asking for a permanent deal and Utd only really wanted a loan.

The club has a tough job yes they need to get deals done but they also need to balance the books so unless clubs are willing to talk sensible numbers it's very hard to sign players unless there are release clauses that you can exploit to remove negotiation from the frame. Dortmund are under no pressure or obiligation to sell he's still got 2 years on his contract they managed to get CL football and he seems pretty happy to be there.

Where it will be frustrating is if this deal still can't be done Utd should have a list of 10 alternatives for Sancho and they should have already made contact with a few of these options to see if deals can be done this summer.

My major worry this summer is what does the budget look like as Utd need a bit summer but with Covid and all that will the club actually be able to spend big? The owners aren't funding these buys the club can only spend whatever money it makes and it's been a lean year from that point of view so are they prepared to borrow to buy and take on more debt? Will banks even lend them more money?

This! Perhaps it's because I'm still bitter about the other night, but we cannot be screwing around this summer. ID targets, and if Sancho is one (and he should be), get it done early.
Without doubt. United need to get a couple of deals done early and then look to potentially add another one or two later in the window.

We don't know how far things actually went with Sancho there's always lots of talk involving Utd every summer because of the size of the club but the vast majority of what was written will have been nonsense.

Dortmund made it quite clear they'd set a price and wouldn't be budging as far as I know Utd had one discussion with Dortmund and were told no negotiating and at that point everything stopped. Utd did start looking at alternatives Coman was one but Bayern didn't want to sell and Dembele was another but Barca were asking for a permanent deal and Utd only really wanted a loan.

The club has a tough job yes they need to get deals done but they also need to balance the books so unless clubs are willing to talk sensible numbers it's very hard to sign players unless there are release clauses that you can exploit to remove negotiation from the frame. Dortmund are under no pressure or obiligation to sell he's still got 2 years on his contract they managed to get CL football and he seems pretty happy to be there.

Where it will be frustrating is if this deal still can't be done Utd should have a list of 10 alternatives for Sancho and they should have already made contact with a few of these options to see if deals can be done this summer.

My major worry this summer is what does the budget look like as Utd need a bit summer but with Covid and all that will the club actually be able to spend big? The owners aren't funding these buys the club can only spend whatever money it makes and it's been a lean year from that point of view so are they prepared to borrow to buy and take on more debt? Will banks even lend them more money?
Mitten has repeatedly gone on record that personal terms were agreed and Sancho was convinced he'd be coming to United last summer. As for the negotiations, who knows what to believe. By all accounts, Dortmund don't negotiate, and once they set a price they hold firm. I think Ed thought their initial price tag and deadline were negotiating tactics and he could caress the situation through the summer. Obviously that didn't work.

If Sancho is the RW target, I'd hope we've had convos with Dortmund and understand what the price is going to be. If we want the player for the price, pay it on the first day the window opens and be done with it. If not, walk away and move on, but make sure the player we're moving on to isn't Sanchez MK II or he's available and cheaper so, sure, we'll take him.

Whatever money we have to spend is going to be more than clubs in Italy or Spain can turn down. We still should be able to throw our financial weight around.

For the first time since we were linked with him,I think this is going to happen... Kane - not so much!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Dortmund don't screw around, and once they've set a price and a deadline, that's the price and the deadline. I'd suspect that this gets done quickly, if at all.

So it begins again.

Problem is so many bluffers posting nonsense making money out of selling stories on this transfer Utd can’t really win.

I’m sure Utd and Dortmund will have had talks through the season but Dortmund still hold a strong position with his contract and won’t want to make it easy for Utd to drive down his price.

You’d hope if he remains the number 1 target that Utd can get him over the line quickly knowing our luck we do the deal and he gets a massive injury at the euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back