Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
So 80m euro plus 20m add ons was rejected according to reports.

Player was due to travel with the team but has been left home because he’s ill (not covid).

Seems like things are starting to move if the rumoured bid is true but it’s still a fair bit short of the 120m guaranteed that Dortmund were apparently asking for.
If you believe that your buttoned up the back. He's on his way to the Theatre of Dreams!!

If you believe that your buttoned up the back. He's on his way to the Theatre of Dreams!!

Did seem like the sort of excuse that's been chucked together at the last moment because something has happened.

The old mysterious back injury or in this case illness.

Clubs always like to frame the player as the bad guy to the fans if they say we wanted him to stay but he started acting like a div so we let him go it helps them make the sale. Helps to spin the PR for the selling club sometimes.

Great headline, I can see it now in all the newspapers, 'Sancho acting like div to force Utd transfer'

Great headline, I can see it now in all the newspapers, 'Sancho acting like div to force Utd transfer'

I think clubs do it all the time sometimes I think the players even agree to accepting being the bad guy to save the clubs reputation especially if you're a bit of an iconic player for the club... not that Sancho is to Dortmund but it helps spin it to fans.

Club can say we did everything we could to keep him but in the end we just couldn't stop him going it's his fault that your hero is gone not ours.

Don't think Sancho has that sort of attachment with the Dortmund fans though.

I was gonna say, there is a long list of players who have been sold by Dortmund because that is their business model. Auba, Lewandowski, Pulisic and more so I'm not sure the fans will be crying over Sancho.

We all know Dortmunt WANT the money, not the footballing status and this is why I'm still 90% for Sancho. All these Dembele talks are smoke and mirrors poker. Trust me.

Dortmund are only a selling club because they need the profits to challenge Bayern as they can't match their sponsorship income so Dortmund look to make up that gap by being clever in the market.

The challenge for Dortmund is to keep the players long enough that they can actually get one over on Bayern at some point and break this title winning streak. They have so much talent that there really isn't an excuse to not fight Bayern all the way for the title.

We need to sign Dortmund's scouting team.
Given some of the young signings from around Europe in recent times, the homegrown talent that has made the breakthrough the last couple of years and others on the verge of emerging I don’t think we can consider our own scouts to be too shabby presently.

If anyone here still thinks Sancho will be signed in this window...
...please raise your hand.

I hope I’m wrong, but seems like there isn’t much time left to get a deal of this size over the line

Want to see a show of hands, please.
He will remain in Germany. My hand is by my side.
Try in January.

We need to sign Dortmund's scouting team.

Not sure it's a problem spotting the talent it's getting the talent everyone knew Sancho was a talent but City were never going to let Utd get him.

But we've missed out on Haaland and Bellingham who've both gone to Dortmund over Utd in the last 12 months.

Utd need to get themselves back in the position where players who are given the choice between Utd and Dortmund pick Utd every time and you do that on the pitch by rebuilding your reputation so players don't think twice.

Sancho is not gonna happen, and in the words of Phil Connors - "I'll give you a winter prediction: It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey and it's gonna last you for the rest of your life.”

From what l heard, Sancho, was going to Real, but we wouldn’t guarantee he would train with the first team.
So he went to Dortmund.
We could have signed him for loose change.

My hand is half way up now haha, I thought it would all go off Wed or yesterday but it's still static

I still think it might, I wonder if he is playing this weekend.

Does United have a plan B that makes sense for the club???
Did see somewhere weeks ago that the Glazers were against spending so much on Sancho, at this time.
Have a strong hunch you get him in January, which wouldn’t be the end of the world...
...well, maybe for Shoot.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Who knows Utd deny even making an initial bid.

I’m guessing Utd will make a bid but does sound like Sancho is starting to play a few games to try and force a move.

Might be that he’s had to but who knows he could actually be ill or injured or whatever.

Could be his way of trying to get Dortmund to drop the price not really sure it would make much difference but sadly this happens with players.

Could be that negotiations are close to being done and don’t want to risk him getting injured and the deal collapsing.

Just doesn’t make much sense to me unless we’ve suddenly found a load of cash or sorted deals for players to leave where this money has suddenly appeared from.

jsp...
...you could just be overthinking this, which is understandable.
Dortmund set a deadline, with a specific asking price. United failed to meet it.
Maybe Sancho wants the move, but if he is agitating for one we would know, it would be more obvious.
Nothing Sancho can do to lower the asking price. Dortmund appear to mean what they say.
And if you think a deal could be close, that presupposes Dortmund set a deadline they were prepared to break.
United could find the money, but they are reluctant at this time...
...and l think they believe the asking price is too high in this market.
This will be over in about two days...
...to everyone’s relief. Mine included.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Apparently attended a party in London on Saturday night when he was supposed to be ill. And it also broke Covid rules. If consistency is to be applied, he along with Chilwell should be out of the England squad, can’t remember if Abraham was part of the squad.

He’s doing his bit to annoy Dortmund, Ed just needs to do his side of the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back