How long do we give Solskjaer?

You just listed a load, then there is DVDB, Sanchez, probably more, plus there are the ones he didn't sign, Jose wante Maguire, didn't buy him, sacked Jose, bought Maguire.

If you think Woodward wasn't in control of the transfers at the club then we might as stop this chat here. I thought it was well known.

It was him who decided to pay all these stupid wages to De Gea and Sanchez too that put us backwards.

I listed 3 out of god knows how many players we've signed since 2013. Again you've chucked VDB in the pot even though there's no evidence he was a Woodward signing and Sanchez was 100% a Mourinho signing might not have been something he planned for but Sanchez was exactly the type of player Mourinho would want to sign. Sanchez like VDB, Cavani and Ronaldo are deals the club probably hadn't planned for but they were opportunities that they decided to go for when they were offered the chance but again managers will have approved of them coming in the door.

I'm not going to argue he wasn't the man signing off the cheques and the contracts that his job but he was not the one making the recommendations on who we signed. Woodward probably takes more responsibility for the awful contracts including renewals that have been handed out but there's no way he was picking players we should sign.

His job early on was to take the list the manager passed over for targets and try to sign them what we often found though was the players the manager wanted weren't available so when Van Gaal wanted players like Ramos or Muller we couldn't actually get them as they didn't want to join us.

I think a consistent problem all 3 managers faced was quite often they'd be getting their second choice and not their first choice when it came to signings which isn't the same as Woodward deciding who we sign.

No there is no evidence on this to back either of our points up. So I could just ask you the same question. So back to DVDB, the only evidence we have that either of us can use, is he doesn't get picked, and never has. Doesn't sound like a player the manager wanted to me.

But I thought it was well known Woodward liked to act the big man buying players and throwing stupid contracts about. Sanchez I wouldn't say was a Jose player at all.

Interview by Woodward in United We Stand in 2019

He admits he had to say no on some players when there was a disagreement between the managers targets and the recruitment team

The did create tension between Woodward and Mourinho as he wouldn't approve signing senior players for big fees and big wages.

Confirms the manager has the ability to veto any recomendation for the exact reason you claim if the club signs a player they don't want they won't play them equally the recruitment team are employed for a reason they also have the power to block a player the manager recommends.

This is a guy going on the record to say how it is.

This is why as I said apart from that first summer where we moved from Moyes to Van Gaal I think every manager has to take responsibility for their signings. They didn't always get their first choice but the ones that were signed were signed off by the manager at the time.

Sanchez couldn't be a more typical Mourinho player problem with him was no one did the homework on him and spotted that he was a busted flush everyone thought he was just sulking at Arsenal when the reality was he was on a sharp career decline and we got caught by it.

He's certainly signed off some terrible deals in his time as chief exec the clubs paid way over the top for players and signed off silly contracts and huge agent fees and he needs to be held accountable for that and I'm sure he is by his bosses but he's not picking the players.

Funny how I post an article with Herrera telling how it is but you rule it out as hogwash, yet you believe Woodward

He also implies if a player was bought the manager didn't want he wouldn't get played. See DVDB.

We won't know until Ole has left, but everything I see points to the fact Ole didn't want him

We've also gone off topic. So to bring us around, I don't believe the state of our midfield is Ole's fault.
However I don't think he's making the best of a bad situation in sticking with mcfred. For me he needs to move away from this. I think this is why he's losing me a bit

you really believe any United fan didn't want it go well from the start? wow...
Don't be surprised by that my friend. He probably believes there's a faction of us so called Utd fans who we're praying for an Ole heart attack mins after being given the job

Not going to win titles by dropping points at home to Villa and Everton at this stage of the season.

We were never going to win the league this year. But these recent performances have not been anywhere near good enough

We will not be winning a major trophy this season i dont think. What the club have to decide is whether they should make the change now and give the new guy the rest of this season to prepare for next, or if you give Ole another window and see how the rest of the season goes.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results
Mcfred is not the answer,at this stage i would put anyone but them in the midfield but Ole cant see this and thats worrying
Worst home run conceding since 1971 says it all

It isn't just that they aren't winning, they don't deserve to win. If they were unlucky or were missing chances you could think things were going to change but they really aren't.

14 points from 7 games haven’t played any of last seasons top 5 yet either.

That’s on track for 76 points which would be less than last season.

We look worse than we did last year.

I’m going to be kind and saw we’ve played well twice this season Leeds at home and West Ham away every other performance has been poor even though we’ve got results.

The way they are playing at the moment they’ll be 10 points off the top by Christmas he’s got to sort them out fast.

After the break he needs to decide what his best line up is and stick with it for a bit.

I think given our midfield a title was a step too far. But I'd expect us to be beating these teams easily.

When you bang 70m on a winger before sorting out your midfield surely that comes back to Ole as well.

We can all see the massive problem in his squad but he’s decided to put his transfer money elsewhere instead.

He’s now got to many attackers and when Rashford is back he’s got another to try and give playing time to.

A ruthless streak was needed with some of these squad players who needed forcing out in the summer to fund a midfield purchase.

You can't sell players that won't leave. You have said that numerous times yourself. He's done well getting rid of much of the deadwood he has.

You can't sell players that won't leave. You have said that numerous times yourself. He's done well getting rid of much of the deadwood he has.

I think he’s letting them stay he needed to tell players like Lingard, Martial and VDB that their time is up and he thinks they should go and find other clubs.

I think with them 3 if you told them straight they’d all get the message and leave.

Finding buyers might not be easy but we should be telling them to go.

He’s had 3 years to sort the midfield out and he hasn’t done it so I’m losing patience with that excuse I know it’s not all his fault

I think VDB was on the verge of a loan move to Everton. We have kept him and never used him. I think all the players JSP mentioned would have had buyers, probably not what we believe they are worth but it would have freed up some money. I think around 60-70 million in total

This happens every season he always seems to bounce back.

However, if this time he doesn’t and Utd don’t turn up in these big games we have coming up things are going to be very difficult for him.

He’s got to add some steel to this side it needs players who are willing to do the ugly work

We shouldnt be bouncing back we should beon the front foot
Getting tired of having a crap run followed by a good run followed by another crap run
Was Ole supporter but its time to end this experiment

I also have a feeling this could be the beginning of the end. We're not being unlucky we are being consistently poor.

@jsp, you can't have a go for buying Sancho. This time last year everyone on this board said we needed him.

Would should have enough quality in this squad to beat villa and Everton. It's bad management.

Is today's performance being blown out of proportion and being results orientated?

We never really looked in trouble. De Gea made one save and they caught us on the counter. Fred takes the tactical foul and we walk away having controlled the game and rested key players.

It's simply that DM position needs sorting.

We have probably had two good performances so far this season. Scrappy wins for the rest.
The abysmal performances cannot be excused or defended in my view.

Is today's performance being blown out of proportion and being results orientated?
Not really. United were poor and didn’t look like scoring.

It's simply that DM position needs sorting.
It’s really not, the issue is deeper. As Gary Neville highlighted last week; United neither attack or defend as a team. There isn’t really a system in place for the players to flourish to their full potential and we’re over reliant on individual brilliance.

Is today's performance being blown out of proportion and being results orientated
The points are the problem.

Needs to win against Leicester, city, Liverpool, and Chelsea for me now. Or he's in trouble

I also have a feeling this could be the beginning of the end. We're not being unlucky we are being consistently poor.

@jsp, you can't have a go for buying Sancho. This time last year everyone on this board said we needed him.

Would should have enough quality in this squad to beat villa and Everton. It's bad management.

I’m not having a dig about that signing what I’m saying is was the extra attacking player necessary when your midfield is this bad? He’s decided yes it is so he has to take part of the blame for the mess in midfield this season as it clearly wasn’t the priority to strengthen it this season.

Both teams came with a pretty clear plan stay compact and frustrate then look to get us on the counter attack and Utd had no answer to that teams have been doing this against us for years at home and he’s still not got a solution for it.

We are even getting ahead in games then letting our opponents back in it really isn’t good enough for a top side and it’s not being sorted out. The Leeds one fair enough the guy scored a worldie but the Newcastle and Everton goals are basically identical.

He’s got to find a line up that can deliver consistent performances if he doesn’t he might not get the chance to buy another midfielder.

No. Open your eyes to what is happening rather than defending Ole all the time. The style has gone backwards, the results aren't getting better and the same issues keep on reoccurring. You're so blinded by your faith in Ole that every time they drop points and he's criticised you jump to his defense. Trouble is your having to defend him most weeks.

United had a relatively easy start to the year compared to some of their rivals. They've dropped points already so they are in a bad spot.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back