Coronavirus

So looks like a four week lockdown which will end on 2nd December. Then different regions to be placed in tiers thereafter depending on transmission rates. I fear it is going to be a long long winter.

I know this is selfish but I am desperately hoping this won't affect my operation on Thursday
Nothing in the slightest selfish about that. They cannot ignore all other peoples medical needs to concentrate solely on Covid. Here's hoping it goes ahead ok.
I thought you said Tuesday before? has the date shifted?

So looks like a four week lockdown which will end on 2nd December. Then different regions to be placed in tiers thereafter depending on transmission rates. I fear it is going to be a long long winter.
It is. I will be very greatful for the Chiltern hills, I do really feel for people who live in densely populated towns in flats etc with little space.

No if I said Tuesday it was a typo. It's covid test Monday and op on Thursday. I am getting a bad feeling about it tbh.
No worries it was probably me that misread it and I replied you would be fit for the match on Wednesday :rolleyes: Sorry bout that.
Understand your anxiety, but I think it will go ahead ok.

This is complete amateur hour. Can't even schedule and get a press conference right.

They are probably reconsidering the education sectors

Or watching the Rugby.

Or they’ve realised the proposals won’t get voted through by MPs there’s a lot of voices against a second lockdown.

Does feel like if we are going for this extreme break the chain approach then everything needs to be shutdown which should have started a week ago to factor in half term to reduce the time out of classrooms.

It seemed so obvious to do it during half term for minimum effect on kids. However I don't really see much point in a lockdown if it doesn't include schools and universities

It seemed so obvious to do it during half term for minimum effect on kids. However I don't really see much point in a lockdown if it doesn't include schools and universities

The kids need to be in school but I don’t get universities they should never have sent the kids to uni just stuck with online. It sucks for the kids but sending them to uni townshas been largely pointless as they’ve been locked in halls with no classes to attend

And manufacturing and construction where you tend to have clusters of people working in tight spaces but they need as many people working as possible to pay for it.

The first thing I did next time I logged in was post the article I've been discussing for the past few days. When discussing things acronyms end up getting used.

The government has done another shocking job by beginning to ignore the science. They were told they shouldn't open nationally again and ignored it. They were told in the second week of September we needed a two week circuit break and ignored it. Their ineptitude and slow reactions are costing us again.

Boris Johnson press conference at 4.
You need to get a grip on reality, its no different to our work places. Bean counters playing around with Peter and Paul, engineers constantly over engineering everything etc etc
Everybody covering their arses....... its no different with them scientists, making sure they can always come back and say, I told you so!!
That's where others need to find a balance.

It's a no win situation - what would have happened when they announced "we are going to lock the kids up during half term"?

I'm not sure about your workplace but when I organise a meeting for a certain time I turn up.

And if anyone organised a meeting with me and turned up 2 and a half hours late they'd be off the job.

As for the scientist covering their asses he said it alongside Boris on national TV and Boris didn't dispute it. Boris shouldn't have thought he knew better than the science. If he didn't think that we wouldn't be where we are now. Not sure how you can't comprehend the shocking job they've done to be honest.

Here is my prediction, restrictions may start to be eased again in 4 weeks time. But hospitality venues, pubs, restaurants and cafes etc will remained closed or for takeaway only until the new year.
Whilst that would be very unfortunate for the business owners and the workforces I don't think that would be a bad thing. All this people getting pissed and mingling must be a very big factor in this second wave.

It's pointless. The stats show only 3% of cases are from pubs but he's a conservative and can't think for himself.

Bullshite. Most infections are through work and home.

You sound like a fully paid up member of the temperance movement.
I never heard of bullshite before!
And you sound like someone who is pished after a night out, but you are right in a way.
1. Man goes to pub gets pished and mingles and gets infected 2. Man goes home and infects 3 family members 3. Man goes to work as does another two of those family members, all to different work places 4. each family member infects 6 workmates each.........
Are ye getting the picture? It starts with the social situation.

It's pointless. The stats show only 3% of cases are from pubs but he's a conservative and can't think for himself.
I am not a conservative at all, I have no allegiance to any political party, unlike yourself which results in your biased views.

The stats prove you're wrong but you can't accept it. If it isn't because of party allegiance what is it?

The stats prove you're wrong but you can't accept it. If it isn't because of party allegiance what is it?
That's what gives my views more validity than yours, they are unbiased opinions, whereas yours are biased and purposely attach the government regardless of the topic.
My views on this are based on what I am witnessing, are you really saying all these people having large gatherings and mingling on nights out with plenty of booze involved arent contracting this virus and taking it home with them? Give me a break. Why do you think it is the hospitality sector that is taking the hit here?

Mine are based purely on statistical analysis. It's shown that hospitality is at fault for 3% of virus outbreaks.

Firstly homes, secondly work places, thirdly education. Have you not looked in to it at all?

Your opinion isn't valid when the facts don't back it up. The reason the virus is more likely to be spread at home as oppose to a pub is because in a pub you have social distancing in place, sanitizer at entrances and temperature checks at the doors. Not sure about your home and family but we don't have them in place when people arrive.

Mine are based purely on statistical analysis. It's shown that hospitality is at fault for 3% of virus outbreaks.

Firstly homes, secondly work places, thirdly education. Have you not looked in to it at all?

Your opinion isn't valid when the facts don't back it up. The reason the virus is more is more likely to be spread at home as oppose to a pub is because in a pub you have social distancing in place, sanitizer at entrances and temperature checks at the doors. Not sure about your home and family but we don't have them in place when people arrive.
Really, well how come it's not so long ago you were blaming Boris's Eat Out to Help Out initiative? tell us that.

I didn't blame Boris scheme for it. I said it was a silly initiative to get people out when the country wasn't ready for it. I also said EOTHO cost more a day than it does to feed starving kids for 2 weeks.

But pubs opened July 3rd. The increase in cases didn't coincide with that. It coincided with schools reopening and parents heading back to work. Explain that.

If it was anything to do with pubs the increase would have happened end of July. It didn't. It happened the end of September. Please tell me what happened at the start of September that could have possibly been the trigger?

It'll take you a while but eventually it'll click in your mind.

During the time since the pubs have been opened people have got less and less disciplined, behaving like the virus was gone even leading to them refusing to comply with guidelines and mounting protests. Thats a big problem believe me

And nothing to do with tens of thousands of students embarking upon university?

You're not possibly that silly.

It's a waste of my time. Throughout the entire thing you've been unable to realise the conservatives have done a thing wrong. It's foolish.

You're ignoring the stats to make a false point.

It's a waste of my time. Throughout the entire thing you've been unable to realise the conservatives have done a thing wrong. It's foolish.

You're ignoring the stats to make a false point.
Your wrong in saying that. I have never suggested they havent done a thing wrong, in fact if you check back I was the first to say and be rather vocal in my opinion that we were coming out of lockdown too early. In fact i specifically said 2 weeks too early.
It wouldnt matter what government was overseeing this they would be under attack so I am not laying into them, Its a tough gig at the moment.

During the time since the pubs have been opened people have got less and less disciplined, behaving like the virus was gone even leading to them refusing to comply with guidelines and mounting protests. Thats a big problem believe me

That’s wrong the pubs are way more controlled now than they were when they opened again in July the discipline is much much better.

The issue when everything opened pubs/restaurants weren’t required to do track and trace, they weren’t required to do table service only, they weren’t required to limit groups to 6 and no masks required. These rules needed to be in place from day one instead it was a bit of a free for all for the first few months.

Going the pub in July really wasn’t that different to going before lockdown now it is.

Your example of someone getting the virus at a pub then spreading it makes no sense as IDFD pointed out you are much more likely to catch it from a contact at work or one of your kids bringing it from school.

The government have now got a month to sort out all the track and trace problems so when we come out this time we cannot balls it up again.

That’s wrong the pubs are way more controlled now than they were when they opened again in July the discipline is much much better.

The issue when everything opened pubs/restaurants weren’t required to do track and trace, they weren’t required to do table service only, they weren’t required to limit groups to 6 and no masks required. These rules needed to be in place from day one instead it was a bit of a free for all for the first few months.

Going the pub in July really wasn’t that different to going before lockdown now it is.

Your example of someone getting the virus at a pub then spreading it makes no sense as IDFD pointed out you are much more likely to catch it from a contact at work or one of your kids bringing it from school.

The government have now got a month to sort out all the track and trace problems so when we come out this time we cannot balls it up again.
Well that doesnt reflect my experience. I think the pubs and restaurants themselves were well disciplined from day one of reopening and remain so. It is people who have got blasé and ill disciplined with time not the businesses themselves!
Are you telling me all the reports with video evidence of large gatherings of people pissed up in city centre locations etc are false reports, and if not, are you really of the opinion these gatherings will not be having a significant impact on the spread of the virus? Give over.

Lets get it from the horses mouth. Opinion from @Ben Townsend

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back