Coronavirus

367 the highest since 27th May, it truly is back and in my opinion there is a core reason for this. If we drop our guard against this virus it multiplies with a vengeance.
Too much complacency set in, not enough social distancing going on, not enough sanitising and poor / incorrect use of masks. The fear factor diminished and needs to come back. Total idiots protesting over the weekend to end Covid restrictions.

367 the highest since 27th May, it truly is back and in my opinion there is a core reason for this. If we drop our guard against this virus it multiplies with a vengeance.
Too much complacency set in, not enough social distancing going on, not enough sanitising and poor / incorrect use of masks. The fear factor diminished and needs to come back. Total idiots protesting over the weekend to end Covid restrictions.

It’s like people’s mindset has not caught up with this wave.

And too many idiots have bought in to this conspiracy theory nonsense or let the weak die nonsense forgetting longer lasting effects to youngsters too

Also, news today suggests the antibodies don’t last and herd immunity cannot be achieved.

The message put out a few months ago was eat out and get back to work we clearly weren’t ready for that in some places across the UK and as a result things are heading in the wrong direction again and we aren’t the only country facing that issue.

Macron going to speak to the people tonight, strong rumours we could go back into isolation apart from schools.

I think he'll extend the curfew across the whole country and maybe start it earlier than 9.

We shall see

And too many idiots have bought in to this conspiracy theory nonsense or let the weak die nonsense forgetting longer lasting effects to youngsters too
Throughout this thread I have highlighted people being irresponsible and selfish to be the biggest problem in how this virus is tackled. You have steadfastly disputed this laying the blame solely with the government.
You post above would suggest you are now seeing the light.

Germany doing the same.

If this is what needs to be done to keep kids in school then it’s only a matter of time for us

I imagine you'll do something similar, he said if we do nothing there will be an additional 400000 deaths.
My two girls will still go to school, and my wife who is an English teacher, so we're still a little at risk.

Yeah feels inevitable the numbers are creeping up every week and these local lockdowns just don’t seem to work.

I know people point to Sweden and what is going on over there in terms of a herd immunity approach which is a massive gamble that countries with more densely populated regions just cant afford to take when immunity isn’t guaranteed.

Supposed to be having an operation next Thursday. Getting a bad feeling about that. Hospitals are starting to cancel operations

Supposed to be having an operation next Thursday. Getting a bad feeling about that. Hospitals are starting to cancel operations
Hopefully it will go ahead as planned. Good luck with it either way, Yell be fit for watching the Instanbul game and sticking yer oar in

A national lockdown seems to be inevitable now. We can persist with this tier system but there has to be a point when the government says we’ve got to lockdown - even if its just for a 4 week period like France and Germany. Even Devon is starting to see a rise in cases, Plymouth and Torbay are seeing a rise and could be placed in a higher tier soon.

I think it's only a matter of time before you go full lockdown. Hopefully he'll do it soon in the hope of saving Christmas

We did forsee this and have done all our Christmas shopping alredy

It’s sounding like there has been a significant shift I the government’s mindset.
Seems second lockdown is imminent with only essential shops and education settings staying open

I'm not sure how many of you have bothered reading the modelling in to the second wave. But in September we were where we were modelled to be at RWCS start of November.

The government aren't going to go with a second lockdown the entire time they can keep London open. Until London is at a stage to go in to tier 3, local lockdowns will be used. Even the new tier 4 will be used before we have to close down London again.

I am not a great fan of the tier system. There is something fundamentally wrong about being in the highest tier and them just adding another tier when it doesn't work. Where does it end tier 4, tier 14, tier 24? There is no doubt in my mind that the government is putting us into lockdown tier ny tier without having to utter the words

I don't know why you are trying to be the wee forum scientist posting things like RWCS without explanation and knowing its unlikely most if not all of us will never have heard of it. And what's that link all about? its not even worth a read, you could condense that article into a few short words as follows "your guess is as good as mine" instead of reading a load of page filler bluster and bullshit.

It's common sense, we have a killer virus among us and if people do not modify their behaviour significantly to minimise transmission then the virus will spread, and we now know it will spread like wildfire.
I have always said here on this forum that people are the problem here, not the government (although admittedly there have been some setting very bad example). People don't want lockdown but far to many of them are not prepared to conduct themselves in ways that would likely prevent it. As you know as we were coming out of lockdown I was challenging behaviours almost immediately, supermarkets abandoning the control measures they had in place etc!
And now we are back to square one - we need to lockdown to arrest the current wave before it becomes disastrous with only key workers keeping things turning over.
I understand the argument for keeping education centres open but I have big reservations about that also. You only have to look at what happened in the Universities when they recommenced.
Given people are strongly challenging the restrictions put in place, effectively challenging the law, lockdown is probably the only way the police can actually enforce as it brings transparency, no stupid arguments about big pizza slices.
And when we come out of lockdown next time, maybe people will be more wise and cautious in their conduct.

The first thing I did next time I logged in was post the article I've been discussing for the past few days. When discussing things acronyms end up getting used.

The government has done another shocking job by beginning to ignore the science. They were told they shouldn't open nationally again and ignored it. They were told in the second week of September we needed a two week circuit break and ignored it. Their ineptitude and slow reactions are costing us again.

Boris Johnson press conference at 4.

Lockdown it is then leaked last night press conference at 4pm today.

Of course people need to comply but people will only comply if they see a clear plan delivered by a leader you can trust in we’ve not had that from day one.

They belittled the virus at the start and some have never shook that off.

Our hospitals are designed for a certain number of patients with Covid running riot through flu season the hospitals will be overwhelmed and so many will die unnecessarily.

Once we go in it will be tough to come out but it seems clear the regional approaches aren’t working.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back