Coronavirus

The example was London to Kent. I have just rewinded back to the guidance and it appears to apply to tier 2 to tier 1 area too. But who knows have a look, there are a number of nuisances.

I'll speak to her and see how she feels as she's not been out at all since March as is high risk. But wanted one dinner before the national lockdown she see's coming in at the half term.

I know they needed to draw the boundaries up somewhere. I actually think they should have settled on the M25 as the boundary. Where she lives literally 150m walking and she's in a different tier.

Soon Dorking will find itself covered off by tier 2 boundaries all around and being it's own little tier 1 area. London and Elmbridge both already in. Guildford will be next (It's got a higher rate of Covid than Elmbridge being a Uni town). I'm glad to live in a sleepy town that find it easy to have all the distancing in place.

I'll speak to her and see how she feels as she's not been out at all since March as is high risk. But wanted one dinner before the national lockdown she see's coming in at the half term.

I know they needed to draw the boundaries up somewhere. I actually think they should have settled on the M25 as the boundary. Where she lives literally 150m walking and she's in a different tier.

Soon Dorking will find itself covered off by tier 2 boundaries all around and being it's own little tier 1 area. London and Elmbridge both already in. Guildford will be next (It's got a higher rate of Covid than Elmbridge being a Uni town). I'm glad to live in a sleepy town that find it easy to have all the distancing in place.

It’s relentless isn’t it and people have to think about their mental health too. Outside dining and meeting up outside is still okay. Hope you get something sorted with your friend. Must be 10x harder when you are high risk.

Haha. Fair point. We were going to go to The Greyhound Hotel in Carshalton. They do a fabulous Sunday roast

Sounds to me like you will be perfectly willing to break the rule whatever it is?

Firstly, I would happily break the rules this one time at the weekend if she wants to get out. She hasn't left the house since March.

Secondly haven't you broken the rules yourself this week?

Thirdly every single person in the UK is advised to not travel unless essential. Tell me you haven't travelled and I'll say you have some bit of higher ground. We're talking 150metres. You've travelled hundreds of miles. So never think youve got the upper ground with your travelling.

I get you feel entitled. But you can't judge others when you travel between regions

Firstly, I would happily break the rules this one time at the weekend if she wants to get out. She hasn't left the house since March.

Secondly haven't you broken the rules yourself this week?

Thirdly every single person in the UK is advised to not travel unless essential. Tell me you haven't travelled and I'll say you have some bit of higher ground. We're talking 150m. You've travelled hundreds of miles. So never think youve got the upper ground with your travelling.
:) Firstly, I was working my way through the posts and didn't understand your friends situation until after I posted. So, no doubt you are confident you wouldnt put your friend at risk and it would boost her mentally. That's called risk management and is best assessed by yourself.
Secondly, How have I broken the rules this week? I dont believe I have.
Thirdly, this aint a good time to tell me I aint got the upper ground :)

Wales to go into a 2 week "lockdown" from Friday evening.

All non essential shops to close along with hospitality no mixing with any other households.

Schools will open after the 1 week half term which starts on Friday but year 10 upwards so 13 year olds and above will stay home an extra week to do home learning.

Can't see it being only 2 weeks as surely from what we already know about how Covid works the numbers we see today reflect what the virus was doing 2 weeks ago so will the numbers really start to drop within 2 weeks?

Wales to go into a 2 week "lockdown" from Friday evening.

All non essential shops to close along with hospitality no mixing with any other households.

Schools will open after the 1 week half term which starts on Friday but year 10 upwards so 13 year olds and above will stay home an extra week to do home learning.

Can't see it being only 2 weeks as surely from what we already know about how Covid works the numbers we see today reflect what the virus was doing 2 weeks ago so will the numbers really start to drop within 2 weeks?
No, I would suggest you would start to see the results of a 2 week lock down 2 weeks after opening back up again.
It doesnt matter what decisions are made by any government, local or otherwise, they will get called out by some or others. Its a tough gig.

No, I would suggest you would start to see the results of a 2 week lock down 2 weeks after opening back up again.
It doesnt matter what decisions are made by any government, local or otherwise, they will get called out by some or others. Its a tough gig.

Until track and trace works properly we're pretty stuffed here the virus isn't becoming less aggressive so the more we mix the more it spreads that is just how it works.

Will be interesting to see how it works in Wales they've obviously gone for the most extreme measures, will that 2 week shock to the system do what needs to be done to stop it from overwhelming their health services.

I lived down the Vale once upon a time. Is the Mitcham Mint still there?
I didn't really go out in Mitcham much, if at all really, other than the golf course next to the station. At least I think that was Mitcham, and I used go through it on the train every day to London I know that

I didn't really go out in Mitcham much, if at all really, other than the golf course next to the station. At least I think that was Mitcham, and I used go through it on the train every day to London I know that
It was actually in Streatham Vale

Going to be so many jobs lost as a result of this across the north west.

241 Covid deaths reported today highest number since 5th June they really have ballsed up the easing of lockdown across England.

Going to be so many jobs lost as a result of this across the north west.

241 Covid deaths reported today highest number since 5th June they really have ballsed up the easing of lockdown across England.
Who is they? The people themselves havent helped any. Feckin cretins

Who is they? The people themselves havent helped any. Feckin cretins

The government should never have reopened nationally at the same time it should have been region by region, they’ve ballsed up track and trace, they ballsed up testing, they ballsed up PPE at the start, they lost the public when they didn’t sack Cummings.

We’ve had 3 different slogans, 2 or 3 different ranking scales, no enforcement powers for the police during lockdown until it was to late.

They failed to prepare for Covid
They failed to lockdown quickly
They failed to re open safely
They failed to setup test and trace
They failed to get the public onside
They failed to give clear rules
They failed to stop the second wave

The government should never have reopened nationally at the same time it should have been region by region, they’ve ballsed up track and trace, they ballsed up testing, they ballsed up PPE at the start, they lost the public when they didn’t sack Cummings.

We’ve had 3 different slogans, 2 or 3 different ranking scales, no enforcement powers for the police during lockdown until it was to late.

They failed to prepare for Covid
They failed to lockdown quickly
They failed to re open safely
They failed to setup test and trace
They failed to get the public onside
They failed to give clear rules
They failed to stop the second wave
What? like Spain and France you mean?

This fall out between Westminster and GM. In the grand scheme of things 5 million seems like a paltry sum to be digging your heels in about :(

Then again, the more we hear about this the more it seems this Andy Burnham character is getting carried away with his ego, posturing and showboating.

The mayors in the north are fighting for their citizens, it's alright if you earn 100 grand a year and get 80%. But if you're already struggling on minimum wage and you only get 80% of that then it's a problem.
I also think that that the R rates and infections in some areas are not that bad so why close it all I guess is their point. Especially when other areas of the UK have similar rates and are open.

I thought you would support them, you've been a supporter of keeping shops etc open and not closing the ecconomy down.

It is called minimum wage for a reason, it is the amount you can reasonably expect to live on. If you are only getting 67% of minimum wage then it isnt reasonable. It seems the govt can force tier 3 on us so I see no reason why they cannot force the support on us.

What? like Spain and France you mean?

We can all point at other countries who are also struggling but we still made massive mistakes.

These mayors in the north were even saying when restrictions were lifted nationwide back in the summer please don't do it we're not ready for it but rather than remove restrictions on a regional basis they removed them on a national basis which screwed places that still had high case levels.

We obviously can't expect the perfect response to Covid from our government it's a totally new thing there's no playbook to follow but we should expect much better than what we've seen so far.

We can all point at other countries who are also struggling but we still made massive mistakes.

These mayors in the north were even saying when restrictions were lifted nationwide back in the summer please don't do it we're not ready for it but rather than remove restrictions on a regional basis they removed them on a national basis which screwed places that still had high case levels.

We obviously can't expect the perfect response to Covid from our government it's a totally new thing there's no playbook to follow but we should expect much better than what we've seen so far.
Did you have trill for your lunch today :)

My region has gone into Curfew today. Getting out of hand here. 40+ thousand cases today

Not allowed out between 9pm and 6am apart from work, or health. no groups, weddings, parties etc. I think the local prefecture decides on bars restaurants etc.

I did see they've started imposing curfews in France.

I know yesterday Christmas was a big topic across the UK but surely the best case at this point is we can get everywhere down to medium risk by Christmas so that families can get together in groups of 6 over Christmas.

Looks like more and more are going into the higher levels across the UK every day.

I just hope I can have Christmas Day with my parents. But for their safety we have already discussed having small individuals table so we can still socially distance.

To be honest I am not thinking in terms of Christmas Day and Boxing Day, just Friday and Saturday.
Yeah that’s kind of what we are thinking. We usually have a big family shindig but think me and the wife this year are just going to have a quiet one.

In my opinion. in terms of infection we will very shortly be worse than we were when lockdown was imposed, that's if we aren't already there.
Far too many people got and continue to get blaise about the whole thing since lockdown was relaxed. They must be too thick to understand it is their own responsibility to protect themselves but just as importantly those around them.
The governments aim is to control it so as the NHS can cope and the herd immunity theory is still very much the way this is being played out.
The lack of distancing now is shocking, you see much less sanitising and I am unsure how much impact face masks will be having given how people use them wrongly, they may even be becoming one of the virus main transfer sources.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back