Christian Eriksen | Match Discussion Thread 2023/24

This player abuse is infuriating.
That’s because it’s largely a player problem. The managers keep changing but a lot of the players don’t. The issue is with the players. Some aren’t good enough, others aren’t a fit and others don’t seem to care enough.

Really, isn't down to the manager to manage the team?

If you hire someone to run the bank of England if it's doing badly, and it continues to do badly, do you sack all the staff, or the guy brought in to manage them?

All these players have played to higher standard while at united. If they are not doing so now, for me, the problem is with the management.

He could drop Rashford, he could tell Bruno to stop being so wasteful. He could give payers like Eriksen, Amad minutes over the last weeks, so they are not completely match unfit when they are expected to come on and turn a game. He could teach them to not be so easy to break down.

Maybe they are dispondant because their ability is not being maximised by the coaching staff, demoralising. I wonder if INEOS have conducted players interviews.

Ole got slaughtered on this forum, somehow ETH is immune. All the people on here saying you can't keep changing managers are the ones who wanted all the other managers sacked. The only members I recall backing all the other managers are me and IDFD.

And I differ from my normal way of thinking on managers on ETH because out of all of them, he appears absolutely clueless and out of his depth.

I really don't think this has to be either/or on a lot of these subjects it can be both.

There are a number of players at the club who under various managers have not performed (not the players in this thread).

ETH has got to take a lot of responsibility for the situation we are currently in but we also need to look at those around him and say is any manager being given the right chance to succeed.

Eriksen was a short term solution to a longer term problem which is our poor recruitment in midfield over the last decade a lot of money has been spent on a poor return. We are now 2 years into this and it's probably time to think about letting him move on if he wants regular football.

Really, isn't down to the manager to manage the team?

If you hire someone to run the bank of England if it's doing badly, and it continues to do badly, do you sack all the staff, or the guy brought in to manage them?

All these players have played to higher standard while at united. If they are not doing so now, for me, the problem is with the management.

He could drop Rashford, he could tell Bruno to stop being so wasteful. He could give payers like Eriksen, Amad minutes over the last weeks, so they are not completely match unfit when they are expected to come on and turn a game. He could teach them to not be so easy to break down.

Maybe they are dispondant because their ability is not being maximised by the coaching staff, demoralising. I wonder if INEOS have conducted players interviews.

Ole got slaughtered on this forum, somehow ETH is immune. All the people on here saying you can't keep changing managers are the ones who wanted all the other managers sacked. The only members I recall backing all the other managers are me and IDFD.

And I differ from my normal way of thinking on managers on ETH because out of all of them, he appears absolutely clueless and out of his depth.
Ratcliffe:

"In the last 11 years, Manchester United have had a lot of coaches and nobody has been very successful in that environment. That says to me there is something wrong with the environment. It is not constructive for me to blame anyone, it's just a fact.”

Ratcliffe:

"In the last 11 years, Manchester United have had a lot of coaches and nobody has been very successful in that environment. That says to me there is something wrong with the environment. It is not constructive for me to blame anyone, it's just a fact.”
didn't stop you wanting all the other managers sacked.

I really don't think this has to be either/or on a lot of these subjects it can be both.

There are a number of players at the club who under various managers have not performed (not the players in this thread).

ETH has got to take a lot of responsibility for the situation we are currently in but we also need to look at those around him and say is any manager being given the right chance to succeed.

Eriksen was a short term solution to a longer term problem which is our poor recruitment in midfield over the last decade a lot of money has been spent on a poor return. We are now 2 years into this and it's probably time to think about letting him move on if he wants regular football.
I agree, it is defintely both.

Some of these players need getting out that door ASAP. But also the manager is not getting the most out of what is available to him

I think he's had a fair chance, he's spent over 400m. And I still say, he should be coaching the whole squad to play however it is he wants them to play. We just look so clueless, no wonder the players are struggling.

Maybe this job came to ealry for ETH in his career.

didn't stop you wanting all the other managers sacked.
Eventually, yeah, but not after only 18 months in charge. Ten Hag has been seriously hampered by injuries and financial issues this season. Of his signings, Casemiro was the only outfield player that started against Fulham.

Also, ETH had it better than most, he didn't have the Woodward debacle.

Casemiro might have been his only starter, but he had Antony, Eriksen, Amrabat and Evans on the bench, all players he brought in. 70m or whatever it was for Antony, he still picks a really poor Rashford above him, and Amad and Forson

He is not doing a very good job imo.

Also, ETH had it better than most, he didn't have the Woodward debacle.

Casemiro might have been his only starter, but he had Antony, Eriksen, Amrabat and Evans on the bench, all players he brought in. 70m or whatever it was for Antony, he still picks a really poor Rashford above him, and Amad and Forson

He is not doing a very good job imo.
He’s having to clean up the mess left by Woodward. Woodward has done more damage to United than the Glazers. The clean up will take take time. So, two free transfers and a loan signing on the bench. He has seemingly made a bad decision signing Antony, but all managers including Fergie, Pep and Klopp have signed players that have failed to be successes.

Ok

I'm pleased you're happy with the way team plays and you're encouraged we have moved forward under ETH.

Meanwhile, back in the Christian Eriksen thread ....

He wasn't great, but we looked more likely to score when he was on, he takes up great positions ....

I thought he was poor, probably due to lack of minutes on the pitch.

I agree, it is defintely both.

Some of these players need getting out that door ASAP. But also the manager is not getting the most out of what is available to him

I think he's had a fair chance, he's spent over 400m. And I still say, he should be coaching the whole squad to play however it is he wants them to play. We just look so clueless, no wonder the players are struggling.

Maybe this job came to ealry for ETH in his career.

How that money has been spent baffles me to be honest. The Anthony and Casemiro signings and the planning that went into them makes no sense.

How do you go from De Jong to Casemiro in the space of a week? Two totally different players. Anthony how did the club just find that money in the last week of the window? How much better would that money be spent if they had 80m in June/July, it felt like pure panic.

I don't think he was ready to work in such a poorly organised club. At Ajax he had good people around him in other departments identifying the players, at Utd that support isn't really there no-one seemed to have a clue what was going on.

That chaos seems to be what INEOS are trying to sort out with these new appointments, I think they'd like to stick with ETH to see how he does with better support around him but the results are a big problem. The new approach seems to be setting things up so that changing the manager isn't the massive change it's been for the club recently changing coach shouldn't mean changing everything again like it currently does.

At the moment he feels a bit rabbit in the headlights he can see the issues but he can't fix them. Injuries have been cruel to him this season.

Would Erksen get in any of three the teams at the top, Scouse Arse or City? no chance theres your answer, like most of our team.
SJR has a monumental mountain to climb he best get ready for a massive overhaul.

Would Erksen get in any of three the teams at the top, Scouse Arse or City? no chance theres your answer, like most of our team.
SJR has a monumental mountain to climb he best get ready for a massive overhaul.

What's that got to do with the price of cheese?

Ok

I'm pleased you're happy with the way team plays and you're encouraged we have moved forward under ETH.
I’m not happy, Ten Hag has got things wrong, but there has been mitigating reasons why the team has struggled this season. Let’s not forget United finished 3rd and got to two finals last season.

Think with Eriksen if we are going to use him you need to keep him ticking over in games.

To me there's been a few games where he could have come on for Bruno in the final 20 minutes to keep him ticking over.

I think he might start vs Forest mid week.

As for getting in those top 3 sides he's not getting near their starting XI's but he could be a squad player at those clubs like Kovacic, Jorgino or Thiago are coming off the bench and starting the odd game.

Think with Eriksen if we are going to use him you need to keep him ticking over in games.

To me there's been a few games where he could have come on for Bruno in the final 20 minutes to keep him ticking over.

I think he might start vs Forest mid week.

As for getting in those top 3 sides he's not getting near their starting XI's but he could be a squad player at those clubs like Kovacic, Jorgino or Thiago are coming off the bench and starting the odd game.

Well yeah, it was a stupid question, now if he was starting week in, week out ....

I doubt that you`ve probably never left your bedroom since birth.

hahaha.gif

That’s because it’s largely a player problem. The managers keep changing but a lot of the players don’t. The issue is with the players. Some aren’t good enough, others aren’t a fit and others don’t seem to care enough.
I agree to some point, I don't think it's all down to ETH. That would be stupid. There are obviously players in there that aren't going to be good enough under even the best management, but that doesn't change the fact that most of the problem is this manager cannot get the best out of any of them, and that's the difference between an ETH and a Klopp. It's not good enough. Eriksen is a good example of bad player management recently, something I have been mentioning a lot. This happened with Ronaldo, Sancho, and now Eriksen. All for different reasons, but ultimately the same outcome.. bad man management. He can't even manage to get his star signing doing a damn thing [Antony] in fact the player has only gotten worse under him. Casemiro is playing worse than last season....the list goes on. This is not a coincidence or that the player is simply not good enough anymore. There has been talk Madrid are even looking to re-sign Varane and Casemiro, and they are no idiots. I think it could be true as I believe both have a few good years left.

Did well when he came on, not easy for a guy who’s barely played in the last few months.

It wasn't that Liverpool changed the way when he came on but no one had a clue how we were playing. Even the commentators did not know the set up and it was the chaos that the team caused that was partly their undoing. Frankly I do not think even United knew how and what they were supposed to do.

He's spoken up about his lack of playing time recently, think his spot with the national team is being called into question.

Think he's unlikely to get to many starts if Casemiro/Mainoo/Bruno are fit but showed at the weekend for the last half hour of games there's certainly a role for him.

Does feel like he'll leave in the summer.

Came on and made us worse.

looked like he’d played the full game when he came on.

So far off the pace now, it’s time to get yourself over to Turkey.

I think it's difficult when players come on who haven't played much.

ETH hasn't managed the squad very well. You need to keep players up to speed.

I agree that it's hard for the lads who are not playing to be up to speed but you have seen all season with this guy that he's well off it physically and he was last season as well.

Not really sure what ETH can do about the Eriksen situation. Would you put him on when the team in winning a game? He's not really that sort of player you stick him on a 0-1 not 1-0 because defensively he's quite poor.

Utd have to get some energy and running power into the midfield in the summer and that means players like Eriksen and Casemiro need to move on.

He looks knackered when come on even though he`s been back in training for weeks so no real excuse, its another Casemiro situation, legs have gone.

He needs to play in an easier league for a team that dominates the ball where he can be the luxury number 10 and have lads that do his running for him.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back