Brown and O'Shea complete Sunderland move, doubts surround Gibson's move

Status
Not open for further replies.

se7en

Sunderland have bid for Wes Brown, Darron Gibson and John O'Shea. Bid is worth £12million in total.

Disappointed to see Wesley leaving but has lacked fitness all season. Gonna miss him. Not gonna miss O'Shea much, he makes me laugh with his silks but everytime he's on the ball, I cringe. Gibson, can't really miss him unless he becomes a top player. Not a bad deal really.

If this is true, there is big change going on.

Ill miss Wes aswell i wont be forgetting his 07/08 season in a hurry.

Loads of people not happy about O'Shea going because he's versatile. Fabio can play LB and RB. Rafael has played mainly at RB but has played a few times at LB. Evans has played LB. Smalling has played RB. Do we need O'Shea's verstility?

Its certainly useful but like you said Fabio Rafael Smalling are all versatile. Ill be a bit sad to see John and Wes go but im also excited for the future and watching younger players flourish.

The average age of the squad has surely been halved in the last month.

Sunderland bid for Gibson, Brown and O'Shea

A bid has been confirmed so isn't ITK.

Little surprise about Gibson and Brown but I can't see O'Shea leaving. £12m, no chance Sunderland.

Massive changes!

Already being discussed in Transfer Rumours section, go there.

This thread wasn't created to discuss official stories. It was created for ITK stuff on twitter.

Just move the thread to transfer section and re-open it

The Sunderland story isn't confirmed yet, when it's on the official website it is confirmed. The official website journos haven't heard anything yet... it's not confirmed. Sky Sports get things wrong too. They said before that Lindegaard was having a medical when he wasn't even in the country and even if the bid has been accepted it doesn't mean any will leave, there's still a lot of other things to go through.

All are in the last year of contract. Wasn't there something about O'Shea wanting 80k a week back in the Autumn? May have proved a stumbling block in contract negotiations.

We were said to be selling Gibbo for £6m the other day...

According to Sky Sports Gibson is close to agreeing a £5m move to Sunderland. Sunderland fans seem quite pleased

With consistent games I think he'll do well, by November people will be saying "why did we sell him?" etc. on the basis of him scoring a lot of goals. Hope he does well.

The people who judge purely on goals will. I'm not saying everyone but people will say that.

I genuinely wish Gibbo all the best.

I've mentioned this on here before and i don't care what anyone says, those idiots who gave him dogs abuse on twitter most certainly gave him a push out the door or at least got him thinking that he didn't want to put up with that much downright abuse.

Regardless of his first team opportunities, idiot's like that most certainly didn't help the situation. As a die-hard United fan i'm disappointed in that regard.

Shame to see O'Shea and Wes go but all things come to an end - both good servants for the club. Gibson tries hard, has a terrific shot on him but unfortunately just isn't the all-round midfielder that deserves to play regularly in a title-winning side. Bit of a jumble sale but if we're after a new generation, players are gonna have to go.

Not really been mentioned and i've only just thought about it... big vote of confidence to the Da Silva twins unless we get someone in on the right.

Phil Jones being brought in is obviously a replacement for the likes of Sheasy and Wes.

Don't really want O'Shea to go in all honesty.

Well don't know about that, never seen him play at RB or LB. He's Rio's long term replacement. We weren't looking to buy him until next season but had to move now to stop him going elsewhere.

I like him but I wouldn't call myself a fan. I'm definitely not in the hate camp though as many have accused me of being in. Think he'll go on to good things at Sunderland.

As i said previously, one of the factors in Gibbo going was most definitely the amount of abuse that he had to endure on Twitter from effectively idiots.

I don't care what anyone says. Disappointing really.

I doubt the abuse he got on Twitter was the main fact of him leaving.
He if can't handle the abuse, he won't handle the pressure of being a United player

I don't think Gibson even knew about the abuse before he left, he only found out when it started getting reported. Doubt he even read it or took note of it. Everyone gets abuse.

The move will be best for him.

I doubt the abuse he got on Twitter was the main fact of him leaving.
He if can't handle the abuse, he won't handle the pressure of being a United player
Spalletti, you're entitled to your point of view which i respect, but i differ.

As i said in my previous post, the amount of abuse he copped on Twitter was in my view ONE of the factors which lead to him eventually leaving the club, not the main reason.

Also for me there's a difference between not handling abuse- and not handling abuse from morons...Gibbo had to put up with some effectively disgraceful stuff from morons before he had no other option but to take down his account.

Also it would be extremely niave for us to think that Gibson had no real idea at all of what was being directed at him on there, of course he did!

Well im glad Rooney and Rio arent as sensitive as Gibson then

Well im glad Rooney and Rio arent as sensitive as Gibson then
When was the last time that Rooney and Rio were called a 'traitor to his country' and a 'shit footballer' just a couple of the quotes which Gibbo had to endure on Twitter for two hours??

For us to think that Gibbo had no idea of what was being said, with his friends, family and team-mates reading the stuff alongside sections of the media at the time, then we're being very niave to think that nobody told him if he just didn't realise.

Of course the Twitter incident was one of the factors in the guy leaving the club.

As i said there's a difference in being 'sensitive' and being 'sensitive' to idiots who rip your credibility apart in about two hours on the internet.

Rooney especially i can guarantee gets a more abuse than Gibson, im sure he did know he got some abuse but if i was playing for Manchester United it wouldnt effect any decisions i made on my career. If he got booed at OT then fair enough but he didnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back