Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised by the level of criticism after Tottenham. I thought he had a decent first half. Yesterday he was poor.

I think the problem with valencia is he always looks like he has the beating of the full back but too often there is no end product. His crossing isn't great and his goal return is woeful.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Cardiff City - 28/1/2014

Played pretty well I thought. He linked well with Rafael, put in a few decent crosses and created chances.

I was surprised to see Valencia put in a few good crosses in. He was even confident enough to spray a cross-field pass.

Arsenal - 12/2/2014

Fulfilled defensive duties, but offered little going forward.

Olympiakos - 25/2/2014

Extremely poor. Offered nothing going forward and lost possession too easily.

A month ago I thought he would make a decent squad member for next season, but I am now starting to doubt that. While he has been better this season, he's still a far cry from the player he once was.

looked a better player when he was drifting inside creating a 3 man midfield but totally hopeless out wide

Olympiakos - 19/3/2014

Much better tonight and with one eye!

One eye to go with his one foot, take an arm away and we might have a player! Seriously though the guy is a robot, fair play to him for coming through it and put in a good shift.

I hadnt realised the state of his eye until I got home last night. He played well, but considering he could only use one eye, I would say he had a great game. I now understand why he was subbed in the 2nd half as I did find it odd at the time

Hardworking performance, pressed from the font, linked well with Rafael and played with courage. His ability to press is a strength, which I feel goes unnoticed.

article-2584658-1C6DDD1C00000578-850_634x404.jpg

BjIH7KUIEAADY2s.jpg

Bayern Munich - 9/4/2014

Okay-ish first half and excellent in the second. The Valencia of old in the second half.

Well done Antonio!

I've praised Valencia, I need to go sit down for a while.

Tony V was very good tonight. One of the few bright spots for us tonight.

I still believe that with a better back 6 and in particular centre midfield, our current front 4 options are more than good enough to fire us back up the table. Expectations should still be to win the league, aim for the best of course but 4th is a must, get that and then we'll look further forward afterwards.

Hmmm. What does he mean by that. For someone who has made 40 appearances and for someone who is an attacking/creating player how many chances has he actually set up in the last couple of seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back