Aaron Wan-Bissaka | Match Discussion Thread 2023/24

SuperRash

First choice right back this season? For me it’s a definitive yes. He has made great strides under ETH but he still does have room for improvement. If he does continue his upward trajectory I do think we have potentially one of the best right backs around.

Have you ever seen him smile. Not really relevant, granted. I think him and Dalot have progressed under ETH

Probably our best player in the 2nd-half of last season. And his great form started at a time 90% of United fans online thought he wouldn't even get a game in a decent Championship team.

He was very good in the second half of the season.

Still not totally convinced by him but he should start the season as first choice.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

By gawd, another one goes down!

That is 3 of the first choice back 4 injured before the double game weeks have even started.

Dropping like flies.

Be a bigger miss than Shaw, over in Germany Sane got an unexpected erection on hearing the news ....

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but just means they're going to have to go with Dalot and Reguilon for a while which is going to be fun fun fun as neither of them can defend.

I was critical of him in the match thread but other than one incident he was good.

Good to have him back he’s a better right back than Dalot.

Saw reports that contract talks with him have been put on hold by the club but they’re going to activate his 1 year option to see him through to 2025.

He’s miles above Dalot and it is good to have him back. It was a solid game from him yesterday and hopefully he can stay fit now.

Yeah, and dalot pit in our best LB performance of the season

The third goal starts with his horrible back pass.

This is a big problem at Utd 1 mistake is then followed by another and another and eventually you let in a goal.

It is small details at this level where you get found out.

Yeah the back pass to Onana was poor but to be honest I expected Onana to control it better especially with his ability on the ball.

I thought he looked great and has made a real difference since his return.

Yeah the back pass to Onana was poor but to be honest I expected Onana to control it better especially with his ability on the ball.

I thought he looked great and has made a real difference since his return.

I think it was a really tough one to control it's bounced right in from of him almost into the stomach and he's played it between the posts so he has to make sure he guides the ball away from goal just in case.

Not sure he's 100% yet there's a few times where he's jogging out to the ball rather than sprinting, he did the same Saturday I wonder if some of that is just him trying to manage his fitness to get through 90 minutes.

Think the international break comes at a bad time for him as he needs to be building up his fitness through games not having 2 weeks off.

Played well considering his length of absence. Think he should be moved on in the summer but pleased he’s available again and good to see two proper full backs even if both are naturally right backs. He’ll help to bring better balance to the left side.

Thought he was at fault on both goals to be honest.

Salah pulled him out of position for the first and on the second he gave Bruno a hospital pass.

Still not easy first game back against arguably the best winger in the world on your weaker side he kept him quiet for most of the game.

Dalot seems to have moved above him as the number 1 right back now think it makes sense for him to move on.

Thought he was at fault on both goals to be honest.

Salah pulled him out of position for the first and on the second he gave Bruno a hospital pass.

Still not easy first game back against arguably the best winger in the world on your weaker side he kept him quiet for most of the game.

Dalot seems to have moved above him as the number 1 right back now think it makes sense for him to move on.
Why should he be moved on? We need straight cover for every position and we should keep him.

Why should he be moved on? We need straight cover for every position and we should keep him.

He has 1 year on his contract is likely to fetch a decent fee.

United have to raise funds from some sales and I think he will be one.

jsp likes to move people on for cash. It's his thing. Good job he's not in charge is all I can say, we'd have no players left, just cash.

No he should not be sold. At least now we might have some solidity in defence that two full backs are playing as full backs.

Dalot falls asleep far too often in games. Both will need to be replaced, but Dalot would be sold first as Aaron is a better defender.

jsp likes to move people on for cash. It's his thing. Good job he's not in charge is all I can say, we'd have no players left, just cash.

One day you will learn that rewarding mediocrity will never move you forward.

Wan-Bissaka is a steady player great one vs one defender but below average on the ball.

Part of football now with all this FFP stuff which means you have to keep turning over your squad players and sell players at the right time.

Yeah I do want players moved on I’ve watched this lad for 5 years now he’s not top quality and I don’t think he ever will be.

As I said earlier probably at fault on both goals today.

Wan-Bissaka is a steady player great one vs one defender but below average on the ball.

Part of football now with all this FFP stuff which means you have to keep turning over your squad players and sell players at the right time.

Yeah I do want players moved on I’ve watched this lad for 5 years now he’s not top quality and I don’t think he ever will be.

Is he? I think that’s one area of his game that’s improved dramatically. Obviously still not perfect and can have his moments but not as bad as it’s being made out to be.

I'd say he was one of our most confident players on the ball today, actually. I watched him mop up a few messes and get played into some horrible corners of which you do not mention. Just that he's made a few errors. I don't think you really care that he just came back from injury and wasn't up to speed, you've just ignored that, rated him poorly and said he needs sold. Brilliant.

I think at some point in these player threads, you've sold our entire team[in your head at least]

A team that just beat a very good Liverpool side.

Is he? I think that’s one area of his game that’s improved dramatically. Obviously still not perfect and can have his moments but not as bad as it’s being made out to be.

Yeah I believe he is he's quite good at wriggling out of a tight position and dribbling but I don't think his passing is anywhere near good enough.

Today is not really the game to judge him by for that as he was played out of position which made it harder for him.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back