Aaron Wan-Bissaka | Match Discussion Thread 2023/24

I'd say he was one of our most confident players on the ball today, actually. I watched him mop up a few messes and get played into some horrible corners of which you do not mention. Just that he's made a few errors. I don't think you really care that he just came back from injury and wasn't up to speed, you've just ignored that, rated him poorly and said he needs sold. Brilliant.

I think at some point in these player threads, you've sold our entire team[in your head at least]

A team that just beat a very good Liverpool side.

Read my original post about his performance yesterday. I said he did a good job on Salah especially as it was his first game back and my comment about him moving on was a response to the post above.

Well there's a lot of players who probably do need to move on there's a case for selling pretty much all of them.

They're also about 20 points behind them in the league. They're capable of great days like yesterday and everyone should enjoy that but personally I've seen enough over 5 years of this guy to think there's better out there and we should probably move on.

Read my original post about his performance yesterday. I said he did a good job on Salah especially as it was his first game back and my comment about him moving on was a response to the post above.

Well there's a lot of players who probably do need to move on there's a case for selling pretty much all of them.

They're also about 20 points behind them in the league. They're capable of great days like yesterday and everyone should enjoy that but personally I've seen enough over 5 years of this guy to think there's better out there and we should probably move on.

Use your wildcard Erik!

I did read your original post, and it made little sense to me.

You credited him with keeping Salah pretty quiet, but then said he should move on.

Sorry, I don't get. It's nonsense. Salah is the best RW in the Premier League, and AWB was playing OOP and coming off an injury. He deserved only praise, nothing more.

I did read your original post, and it made little sense to me.

You credited him with keeping Salah pretty quiet, but then said he should move on.

Sorry, I don't get. It's nonsense. Salah is the best RW in the Premier League, and AWB was playing OOP and coming off an injury. He deserved only praise, nothing more.

Again my comment and him moving on was in response to the post above I agree with what that poster said.

I don‘t judge players on 1 game.

He has 1 year left on his contract in the summer so they either offer him a new one or move him on. I think move him on and bring someone in to replace him but if they decide to give him a new deal and back him that’s also fine.

I thought he did ok in his first 2 seasons at the club but the next 3 have been more of a mixed bag. Under ETH he’s got better on the ball but I think he’s a level below where we want to be.

Cost us the victory today and caught out of position numerous times. Underlined why he needs to be moved on.

Tired minds make mistakes. When you are asked to do that much defending eventually you will make a mistake.

It was very soft but when you lunge in like that any contact is getting a penalty.

Tired minds make mistakes. When you are asked to do that much defending eventually you will make a mistake.

It was very soft but when you lunge in like that any contact is getting a penalty.
Wasn't he playing on the left too?

Probably because of Salah. He’s better at nullifying opponents through his one on one defending. Salah’s preference to cut in suits a right footed left back. He played there in the 4-3. Dalot also gave away a penalty through poor defending whilst playing at left back against Chelsea.

why? Dalot is a better left back than him and he is as good as Dalot on the right and probably better than Dalot when defending on the right.

1 vs 1 against Salah he's a better defender and to be fair Salah was quiet in the game.

Think that's 3 tough games in a week just back from injury all 3 games were over 100 minutes with all the injury time added in.

If he hadn't made that mistake I think most people would say it was a solid enough performance.

He’s awful. His ability on the ball is shockingly bad for a Premier League footballer. He’s clueless in the attacking third.

He’s another who can go in the summer.

I think his deficiencies get highlighted more when he’s at left back. He’s probably one we should be looking to move on.

Thought he was one of our better players in the first-half, then allowed himself to be dragged down to the majorities level in the second.

Doesn't look match fit.

He’s good at one to one defending but other than that he’s an awful footballer.

He was unlucky with the penalty.

Not sure if there’s an injury that he’s playing with but today he was caught jogging back rather than sprinting.

He needs to be sold in the summer.

Not sure if there’s an injury that he’s playing with but today he was caught jogging back rather than sprinting.

Bear in mind that he is a very one footed player and had no business playing on the left side anyway.

Bear in mind that he is a very one footed player and had no business playing on the left side anyway.

Someone has to play there and I don’t really have a problem with it being him.

He gives us very little going forward on his stronger side.

Turned his back on the shot that hit him and looped over into the net, its a basic rule to never turn your back on a shot.
Rubbish defender.

he's been poor for a while, I assume they rushed him back early

He is starting to really annoy me. His ability on the ball is simply not good enough for this level. Opposition are happy to give him plenty of space and his team mates are seemingly reluctant to pass him the ball. He needs to leave in the summer.

Agree he’s bobbins, the time he took to line that shot up was laughable, I could have got in the car drove down to OT run on the pitch and blocked his shot.

Yep he can defend one vs one but the rest of his game isn’t even league two level it’s poor.

He is miles off the required standard on the ball and he needs to be sold in the summer.

The way he just ambles back when he loses the ball up field shows he does not want to fight for the shirt or be at the club. Get rid.
This has always been the way he plays and for the life of me I cannot understand why the Managers ( in the past too) does not sort this out. I am not so much bothered by his attacking play but as a defender he is always found wanting.

A mate of mine said he was crap when we signed him, I wanted to wait and see but agree with him now.

he's never been good, but he did have recovery speed, now thats gone, so is he

On the goal yesterday what is he playing at.

There's only 1 place Trossard is going he has to make sure his man doesn't beat him at the front post.

Not sure what's happened to him in the second half of the season, either he isn't fully fit or his head has gone as even his 1 vs 1 defending has started to suffer.

He was excellent in the second half. He pretty nullified City’s biggest threat. Huge performance.

Back