World Cup 2022: England

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Chilwell is the latest player to suffer an injury just before the world cup went off last night with a hamstring injury.

Well Trippier is a right back and Mitchell has zero caps so it is a concern.

Chilwell is also a very good left wing back which is the system that Southgate often deploys.

It's not a catastrophe but it's another useful backup potentially missing.... we all know Shaw seems to be at his best when he's got someone trying to take his starting spot.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think we may live to regret not taking Toney or Abraham. I know we have Rashford who can play up top but those two guys mentioned give us that extra physicality and height up top if we were chasing a game.

Glad to see Maddison get in as he’s having a stormer of a season so far in a poor Leicester team.

I’d have gone Toney over Wilson But maybe that FA charge could be a problem for him if he’s facing a ban it would likely apply to international football.

Wilson is injury prone if Kane goes down injured we need a striker we can rely on.

Abraham’s form this season has dropped off I don’t think Southgate could pick him.

I would have taken Ward-Prowse over Gallagher covers more positions but neither will get on the pitch if everything goes to plan.

My starting XI

Pickford

Walker Stones Maguire Shaw

Rice Bellingham

Saka Sterling Rashford

Kane

Yep he had to return due to personal reasons

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

WTAF is wrong with people? Yay Ingerland…oh wait…B&E opportunity? Let’s goooooo!! Hope he finds them and kicks their collective asses.

Yes it is despicable, it's bad enough finding somebody in your house if they are not armed ....

But, but these kind of incidents are happening more and more these days, and you'd think with the money they earn they'd have a private security firm guarding their properties 24/7 if only for peace of mind, and as footballers tend to live in close proximity to each other you'd think they could all chip in and get the best security money can buy.

I suspect he does have a lot of security around his home but on this occasion it hasn't worked.

Must be a horrible thing to go through but the people that do these things don't give a sh*t they know most of the time they'll get away with it.

I recall it got so bad a few years back for Utd players that their families wouldn't stay at the house when players were away on International or European trips as the houses were being targeted. Think one of the Utd players wives and kids were tied up by the robbers at their home during one incident it must be terrifying for those involved.

He's made the right decision to come home and make sure his family are ok.

Yep he had to return due to personal reasons
Sounds like he fell out with Steve Holland and didn't gel with the other players. Shipped out a bad egg so as not spoil the cake.

Sounds like he fell out with Steve Holland and didn't gel with the other players. Shipped out a bad egg so as not spoil the cake.

I wouldn't totally rule out this happening as White despite good club form has struggled to make a lot of the squads. On the pitch he's clearly a better defender in my opinion that Dier or Coady who have been picked.

He's pretty open about the fact that outside of what he needs to do for his job he doesn't really have much interest in football.

I think when picking your squad you need to know your squad players are going to be happy campers. If he's bringing the mood down and is unlikely to play you might as well send him home bad vibes spread quickly in groups you don't want those sort of people around in a tournament environment.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back