Willy Kambwala | Match Discussion Thread 2023/24

SuperRash

I thought he looked pretty assured on debut. In truth didn’t have an awful lot to do because West Ham were as bad as us for 70 minutes.

Has probably earned himself some more minutes this season as he’s clearly impressed ETH enough. He could have easily gone for Shaw at centre back with Reguilon out on the left.

A positive for me was that he looked comfortable striding into midfield with the ball.

Yes bigger tests for him coming than today’s game but he looked fine.
I’d forgotten about him, 11 months out injured.

Yeah think he may well have already had a game in the first team if it wasn’t for that injury. Definitely set him back.

The kid really struggled to get up to the pace of English football when he first played for the 18's

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is he getting these chances because the club actually think he's got a chance to make it or is it just the injuries mean we have no choice?

Is he getting these chances because the club actually think he's got a chance to make it or is it just the injuries mean we have no choice?

Weird question. The club has always got a choice.

Weird question. The club has always got a choice.

No it's a genuine question I know nothing about this lad do people who've watched him a bit think he's got a shot at making it.

The club currently have a defensive injury crisis with 5 first team defenders out injured and 1 soldiering on with 1 leg, is that why he's been getting called up to the bench and has had to come on in some games.

People are talking about him being part of the squad next season is that realistic or is he just getting a chance because of the injuries?

No it's a genuine question I know nothing about this lad do people who've watched him a bit think he's got a shot at making it.

The club currently have a defensive injury crisis with 5 first team defenders out injured and 1 soldiering on with 1 leg, is that why he's been getting called up to the bench and has had to come on in some games.

People are talking about him being part of the squad next season is that realistic or is he just getting a chance because of the injuries?

If he'd not missed nearly 18 months in his development stage he'd already be a nailed-on starter despite his tender years.

The club rate him that highly.

I thought he was pretty immense today. Had one mistake in that first half but made amends for it. As a partnership today him and Maguire were very good and they had to be.

Top performance. He should take Evans’ and Lindelof’s place in the squad for next season.

Showed good speed especially in recovery. Good positioning and strength.

I think he is very physical which gives us an extra edge back there. I would say Lindelof and Varane can be a little soft but Kambwala looks tough as old boots.

Played well but think he needs to calm down a bit, think Maguire did his best to keep him on the right side of the ref.

I don’t think it was the worst performance, the slip for the Solanke goal was unfortunate but other than I thought he was okay. He put in some good blocks and challenges.

Was unlucky not to give away a penalty but being a defender in this team is a thankless task.

Needed to be taken out of the team, and be chomping at the bit on the bench for the next few games to get on again to prove his performance against Liverpool wasn't a fluke.

Recovered well from his mistake.

Thought he did well after the slip, he shouldn't be having to do so much defending though the back 4 rarely get a break from the constant threat because the midfield don't protect them. Been happening all season.

Young players will make mistakes, part of the development.

Might as well let him make them in games that are becoming more and more meaningless.

Young players will make mistakes, part of the development.

Might as well let him make them in games that are becoming more and more meaningless.

There's no such games when it comes to Manchester United.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back