Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
[youtube]kZJY986rf-g[/youtube]

From watching YouTube videos only, Zaha seems very raw but he possesses the tools that can be developed.

The description of the video says it wasn't one of his better games this season. But yeah you can see a glimpse of what he's about. Can play on either flank, quick, strong, good end product.

The Times, Daily Mail and The Mirror are saying that Zaha is set to join United for £12m.

I was just listening to Sky Sports Radio, and I sent in a tweet asking about Strootman & Zaha (they actually mentioned me). They never mentioned Strootman, but they did say the Zaha deal looks very likely.

Not sure if it's legit but Zaha apparently tweeted this earlier.

BAdEwrpCAAAmqio.jpg:large

Seems the tweet was fake. The number of followers may be immaterial, but the account should have one more tweet.

BAc2z0-CIAAFWdH.jpg:large

Ah right was a bit suspicious about it, seemed like a weird thing to tweet.

Can understand people getting fooled by this but a number of journos and media outlets have also fallen for it. Lazy stuff.

Arsenal would seem favourites with him being a fan. The Sun is claiming he will join United tomorrow. I haven't seen a great deal of him, but if Fergie and Wenger are both after him then it would suggest he is a player of potential. So hopefully we'll hear good news at some point tomorrow.

Who will he choose? He is an Arsenal fan

Are Arsenal going to be in a position in the next 5 years to win. A trophy. I think that's what Walcotts issues might be. He made the wrong decision when he signed. He should have signed for Man Utd if he was a target and he would have had medals. Boyhood fan or not you play football to win silverware. I know where I would go.

Zaha was replaced at half time. Let's hope he hasn't sustained an injury if we are going to sign him.

Rumours gathering pace about a move, I doubt he'll join us this month although a deal could be done.

Zaha picked up a yellow in the first half for diving, so maybe he was taken off for that. Fergie turned up late, so didn't see much of him. Maybe that's why they took him off, cause Fergie turned up.. haa. Sounds like he did very well against the Stoke defence though.

David Gill on Zaha: "He's one of the players we're looking at. That's all I'll say at the moment. But even if we did do something with Wilfried Zaha, that would be for the summer. He's one of the players we're looking at and we'll see what happens. There's a long way to go."

Unusual for the club to name check a player without being confident of signing said player.

It is although the same happened in the summer with van Persie if I remember correctly.

I would be surprised if we mentioned him by name without being close to completing a deal.

Good stuff that. I was not that impressed by him when we played them, just seemed like another pacy winger, who was trying too hard to impress, but on the very few occasions i've seen him this season, i've been impressed. Seems to have come on a lot. Having seen what Fergie did with Ronaldo, i'd really like us to get this lad. That's not to say he'll be even half as good as Ronaldo but you never know, Fergie's last "project" possibly. Sounds like he'll cope with the pressure of being at United. Works hard on the pitch and heard he's a hard worker in training too.

We played against him 2 or 3 seasons ago he was a kid then?

Remember the 18 year old Ronaldo? Every now and then he gave you a glimpse of the player he'd become but a lot of the time he'd frustrate the hell out of you as he'd go back and try and beat his man again and again instead of sticking it across the box for Ruud. Ronaldo came at the right time Fergie was rebuilding his side and it took him 3 years to get it right but the lack of an alternative meant Ronaldo got to play 30-40 games a season and he learnt so much in those games so when he came back from the World Cup in 2006 fitter than he'd ever been he was unplayable.

If we can get him we need him to be playing football so I'd like to see him stay with Palace until the summer then come here ready to fight Nani, Valencia & Young for a place on the wings as he's got to play football to keep improving.

The concern with him is he's not really done it against Premiership opposition yet I'm sure the England lads will of reported back to Fergie after his recent call up to say what he was like in training. From what I've read his attitude seems spot on he's got that will to win at all costs that will see him fit in well at Utd.

The Ronaldo comparison is an apt one. Zaha has the same raw materials as a young Ronaldo and is probably why Fergie is keen. Bebe has those same raw materials, but he is 2-4 years behind his development and footballing intelligence because of his background. There are no guarantees with young footballers, but if Bebe had joined the club at 16 we would have made a player out of him.

Bebe does not have the Ronaldo attributes.

Ronaldo had all the technical skills but he lacked the knowledge of how to use them and the physical attributes to exploit them. Bebe was the opposite he had the physique but imo lacked technique & experience I personally think we bought him due to something dodgy with his agent Jorge Mendes who represents Nani/Anderson/Ronaldo etc.

I think he sold us a dud and shafted us which might explain why we've not dealt with him since

Bebe does have the same raw/physical attributes as a young Ronaldo. I agree regarding technical ability, but he has missed out on professional training.

I don't know at 18 when he arrived Ronaldo was a skinny lad with amazing speed Bebe came as a 21 year old who was already well developed physically. I'll admit I didn't see a lot of Bebe's games but he never really stood out in reserve games. I don't know what he did but that summer in 2006 Ronaldo left for the World Cup a boy but came back a man he filled out and was quicker & stronger than ever.

I like Zaha but to compare him with Ronaldo would be wrong we might not ever have another player like him he is the ultimate modern day footballer. If Zaha can be a replacement for Nani who looks like he will leave this summer then that would be good. Nani is frustrating because he has all the tools he just struggles to find consistency he can do things with a ball that no one else in our team can but when he has an off day he looks really bad because he keeps trying to do the spectacular.

As I've said if we get Zaha then we have to play him and get behind him and let that talent develop and mature and if it does we could have a fantastic player. For a winger there is no better club to play for as we have the tradition of wing play and fans who want to see flair in these positions

I agree, the Ronaldos of this world are rare and no young player should be compared to him in terms of what he has achieved. I think comparing styles is okay.

Well hopefully the Mail is right, the more I've seen of him the more disappointed I'd be if we missed out.

Quite a bit really. He's obviously not the finished product but he's got all the raw potential to be a top class winger. As someone mentioned earlier he's similar to a young Ronaldo, very quick, good balance, stronger than he looks, skilful and good technically, two good feet which lets him play either wing, and seems to have the attitude to succeed. On a couple of occasions I've watched him play this year the opposition have tried to kick him out the game but he's carried on coming which is a good sign. He's got areas to improve, his end product can be a bit erratic and more specifically his first touch can be a bit loose and he's prone to knocking the ball a bit to far ahead of himself when he's dribbling at full speed but a year or two with our coaches and they'll be ironed out. There's no way of knowing how he'll develop but it's hard to see him not being a success if he came here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back