Why does Jose talk in riddles all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamie's crystal ball didn't his wife off with someone else did it.

As I said above, those people are a joke. And the press negativity is feeding through to the fans, you can get a sense on this site. The fans need to see through the fog and see what is happening.

But if there was trust in the manager the negativity in the press becomes the siege at the gates. As it is we see a manager totally out for himself with no forethought for his players, unless they're 30+. Therefore everyone is fed up with his act and want to believe the press.

I truly believe JM has lost whatever 'it' he had. We've spent fortunes buying his players and we're not playing any different. 'His' players are getting dropped too. The guy is a charlatan. I don't care if it was lost in translation but to say United had no heritage and Seville do, what type of United manager is that?

Lastly look at the Swansea players under Carvalhal they are enjoying their football and getting results. In differing ways too. Liverpool players the same. City players also, though last two examples show winning makes it easier to enjoy football. Can you point me to a single game United have played where anyone looks like they enjoyed it for 90 minutes? Because I cannot think of one.

I don't really understand. Jamie Redknapp, Sounness, Keown they all hate united, why listen to them.

Of course united can attract any player they want, Jose is still one of the most successful managers of all time, he just has too many incompetent players.

Part of the problem is our defenders are so awful, he cant trust them to be left on their own so we have to let the forward players come back. And our CM is awful too. If you explain to a top player what you are trying to achieve and pay them they will come.

Pogba, I am really disappointed in him, if this is just attitude then he can go. If he is not good enough to play more than one role then he can go. Probably why Madrid and Barca gave him a wide birth. The only club left is PSG, hopefully we can swap him for Verrati

We can attract them by throwing a chequebook at them which has not worked out to well so far re Di Maria/Sanchez etc, as I said "for once he had a good point" if your Bale/Perisic etc are you going to come and play for such a defensive arrogant manager? His defensive is awful, he has Valencia who he wanted at Madrid, he has the best keeper on the planet, he has Shaw who he wanted at Chelsea, he bought Bailly and he bought Lindelof, he has given Rojo a new contract which suggests he rates him, so sorry mate but he aint blameless here.

He has bought both of his first choice CM's and is desperate to keep Fellani so again your argument falls down, and he has bought two of the three attacking players he constantly plays.

So to say he doesnt trust any of them does not look to good on Jose, if your someone like Bale looking at United right now, there is no chance he will want to come, throw 500k a week at him that might change his mind but then as I say, it hasnt worked out to well in the past just throwing mega money at money grabbing players in the hope they actually perform.

So you actually think were an attractive option other than throwing money at players? Whether its Redknapp or anyone else, its not rocket science to see that unless we pay crazy wages, we are not an attractive proposition at the moment to come and play for if your a flair player, take the blinkers off for a second.

Pogba is going nowhere, he's 2 years into a 5 year (I think) contract, it would be silly money to buy him. Maybe PSG at a push would get him but no one else would pay what's needed.

There are so many ways you can look at this. Jose is to blame because of his tactics, players are to blame because they are poor, both are to blame together etc,

As for attracting players, ultimately money talks, it's simple. BUT if City came in for the same player, would the Sanchez, Pogba, Shaw situation play on your mind a bit? There are other clubs out there who pay decent wages, who play better football than us so why choose us.

I guess Jose always has the story... 'well if you join my revolution this season, we're clearing the deadwood and Utd will be back at the top again playing good football'. Just too many if's and but's.

I'm sure Jose said he was only buying 2 players in this transfer window. Surely 4 is the minimum requirement?

The point really is Utd shouldn't have to be flashing the cheque book to get players to come they should want to come here because it's the place to be players who go to Madrid/Barca are desperate to go some even take pay cuts to go as they want to play for these prestigious clubs. Right now I think Utd's only real weapon it seems is the cheque book.

Mourinho has a fantastic record and will rightly go down as one of the greats of the game but his success has generally come with clubs who aren't used to success where his whole us against the world thing maybe gets a group of players going like it does with Simeone at Atletico.

The biggest problem with Mourinho is exactly what is happening now it's the in fighting which always seems to emerge after a few seasons we've got Mourinho vs the press, Mourinho vs the players, Mourinho vs the fans & Mourinho vs the board. It's not sustainable and he hasn't fostered a good atmosphere at the club where we are all pulling in the same direction whereas you look at Klopp, Poch & Guardiola everyone is pulling in the same direction. I think he does this hoping that it becomes us against the world but the reality is most of the time it ends up with everyone vs him and eventually he loses his job.

The thing about Mourinho is at some point it all goes stale eventually, sooner or later. He is into his second year of his contract, going into his third. I wonder how the board are feeling right now? Apparently he has stabilised the club (you think?) and we are progressing. He will want a transfer kitty this year, possibly to the tune of £200m. So is this next season the year it all implodes or the year he takes Utd to the next level?

i think that could be anyone's guess. To me it's simple, he gets a few better players, plays decent football and does well. Or he gets a few decent players, plays the rubbish we have been seeing over the last 2 years and goes.

You lot must be reading something different from me, the only player he has burnt in the press is Shaw, like previous managers before him.

As for the defence, he bought Bailly who has been injured, and Lindelof who needs a bit more time. We are having to play Valencia and Young as full backs for gods sake, doesn't that tell you something.

Pogba has really let Jose down, so now our midfield consists of a player with 8 games experience, a player who has had no break and Fellaini. Yes he wants to keep him but as a last minute lump it up to the big guy, at least I hope that's why. So he has an average defence and a midfield really lacking, and you wonder why we are so negative. We can't afford to really press going forward because we will get torn apart. That negativity has got us CL football next year, and and FA cup semi. His is in the middle of a rebuilding process and I think the fans, or certainly the ones on here, need to give him a break and support him and the club. When he joined he said 3 years to repair it. So this time next year is the time to judge.

He has said his attacking purchases are finished, which points to the fact he also see's the defence and midfield as needing work. (Why would anyone want Bale btw).

I suppose I am used to the days before the glory so perhaps I feel differently, but this is a decent season, ok the football has been bad at times but are you really saying no one will to come to united? One of the biggest clubs in the world with one of the most successful managers, with CL football he can sell his vision no problem. If you think players will pick Liverpool and Spurs above united I think you are underestimating the the club you support. Lets play for Spurs and Liverpool, play lovely but win nothing. As for Madrid and Barca, players always prefer them, even under Sir Alex.

It's all too easy, instant sucess playing beautiful football. I'm glad the press didn't have so much influence when Alex joined. Or all that history would not have been written. Who incidentally managed to great players join the club.

Fellaini. Yes he wants to keep him but as a last minute lump it up to the big guy, at least I hope that's why.

So why did he choose to play this way with Fellaini from minute 1 against Sevilla at home?

I also think he could have/should have done more in the transfer window last season knowing how, as you rightly say, our defence and midfield is poor. He bought in Lindelof who he must have known wasn't ready for the EPL straight away and Matic who has the pace of a snail?
He bought in 3 players, it should have been 5 I think. He didn't play Herrera from day 1 of the 17/18 season, he knew Carrick was on his last legs and even made him captain (great to have a captian who never plays), which left Pogba, Matic and Fellaini. 3 midfielders going into a season.

Who's fault is it, after 3 transfer windows, we have a poor defence and midfield?

I'm sure the list he gave Woodward was comprehensive.

Pogba has let Jose down?

He was the reason we got off to a flier this season, he the got injured then got a 3 game suspension and fair enough since then something has happened that has seen his form drop off a cliff but Pogba has been responsible for quite a few wins this season and apart from Newcastle where he had a real stinker I don't think you can pin a defeat on him but he was responsible for a lot of our wins.

You keep saying he's a successful manager and he is but will he attract the top players when they've got the chance to go to the other elite clubs who are ready to challenge for the CL now? I don't think young players who are hungry to make a name for themselves will be thinking I want to go and work for that guy it might have been the case 10 years ago but 20 years ago everyone probably wanted to work for Capello football moves fast.

The reports seem to be that the club are preparing for 10 players to leave this summer and it's probably been a long time coming for some of them and some should've gone last summer but didn't. Zlatan, Carrick & Fellaini will all leave as contracts expire (Carrick is staying on as a coach). Shaw, Blind, Darmian, Jones, Smalling, Herrera & Mata are all apparently up for sale as contracts run down and they won't get new ones. I don't think 10 players need to come in to replace them the squad is too fat and some of them will be replaced by younger players stepping up into squad roles but if all those players did leave Utd would probably need to sign 5 players this summer. Signing 5 first team players in one summer is going to be a hell of a job especially with a world cup on.

How come we lose to Sevilla and Jose is saying all of a sudden 'everything must change' and then we have reports of upto 10 players leaving all of a sudden. Is this just not media hype?

If it's not and we have 10 leaving I hope Woodward has communication with all the players they want at an advanced stage already.

How come we lose to Sevilla and Jose is saying all of a sudden 'everything must change' and then we have reports of upto 10 players leaving all of a sudden. Is this just not media hype?

If it's not and we have 10 leaving I hope Woodward has communication with all the players they want at an advanced stage already.

He's claimed he can hardly tell the world he doesn't think the players are good enough before the game because of the message that sends out but I think it's been clear all season. Utd are grinding out a lot of victories playing a cagey physical type of football whereas our rivals are blowing teams away on a regular basis. Now the complete unknown is given instructions to play another team could we play that way? Well personally I don't think we have the players to play an aggressive pressing game we probably are more suited to a slow build up style which is what Van Gaal went for and probably what Mourinho has added to.

As for 10 players potentially leaving really it's just his way of culling all the non Mourinho players who just haven't been good enough. I mean some of them really should've gone years back but the club has obviously had problems moving players on.

The team needs to change my worry is do I want to watch a Mourinho squad for the next 5 years or do we make a massive call and say thanks for turning the ship back to facing forward but we actually want a more exciting young manager with a more attacking style to rebuild the team. Given our lack of behind the scenes setup on the football side I don't think the 2nd option really is an option but I think someone needs to tell the manager to tone it down in public because it's attracting needless headlines.

Pogba has let Jose down?

He was the reason we got off to a flier this season, he the got injured then got a 3 game suspension and fair enough since then something has happened that has seen his form drop off a cliff but Pogba has been responsible for quite a few wins this season and apart from Newcastle where he had a real stinker I don't think you can pin a defeat on him but he was responsible for a lot of our wins.

He's been asked to play a role for the team and either wont play it, or can't, and if you believe the press has run to his agent to start pumping stuff around in the press.

Now I actually don't believe it, I would think he must be carrying an injury or something. Otherwise that is so unprofessional I just don't want to go there.

But if it is true, to pay 90m for a player who is restricted to one system is just daft, and perhaps why Madrid and Barca stayed clear. And we all might love him because he cost 90m so he must good right? or he played blinding in his preferred role but it's Jose's fault he's rubbish elsewhere? Jose dropped him and has been slaughtered since, and Pogba's agent is touting him around. What kind of professional is that? Roy Keane, Carrick played CB for gods sake. These are the players we need, players who think of the team and the club first, not their instagram account.

Someone mentioned earlier, why didn't he play Carrick against Seville, he's had heart problems, maybe it's too risky. So he had to pick from Pogba who is is off form/stropping for some reason or Fellaini, who is rubbish but at least puts effort in.

Why wouldn't young players be interested? I can't believe how little some of you think of our club. If you're a young player, and Jose comes to you (who has played lots of youth at united), tells you how he wants the club to play, explains why currently they don't, tells you that you can be catalyst for the change and puts his record of trophies down (2 won last year not 15 years ago by the way, he was PL winner 3 season ago! you all talk like he's had it, there are only 2 managers who have won the league since he last did, albeit 3 soon) and then tells them they can play for Manchester United, are you saying they would choose Spurs first!

as for what he says in the press, he's not stupid, it's all for a reason. He doesn't just come out and spurt this stuff.

I do believe that JM has lost it. As I stated previously only won the league last time as relied on his 'golden oldies' who had 'personality'. Once they put all that effort in his side was 16th in the Premier League when he got chopped FFS. I do not think JM is infallible. Pogba having watched the Euros cannot play in a 2, in that Tournament Sissoko outplayed him, would any of you want Sissoko, as he's clearly pulling up trees at Spurs.

I'm a United fan not a JM fan. If JM came to me and I was a young player, I'd look at his track record. Winner with Porto, Chelsea, Inter (no Juve threat), semi-successful with Madrid (no CL, lost dressing room), boom and bust with Chelsea again (lost dressing room). Youth team promotions, Porto I've no idea, Chelsea such luminaries as: Anthony Grant, Steven Watt, Jimmy Smith, Ben Sahar, Sam Hutchinson, Lenny Pidgeley. Inter: Santon, Rene Krhin, Donati, Allen Stefanovic. So if I were a young player I'd look at that list and think to myself. Santon and Donati apart none have had 'great' careers. I'd be more inclined to go with Pochettino or even look at teams giving youth a chance lower in the league that'd mean I get chances to play, chances to make mistakes and a better chance to be a success when I make the move up. Lot to be said for stepping stone clubs.

I don't think you can knock what he did at Chelsea in winning the league second time around but he didn't take over a club in crisis they won the CL in 2012 and he took over in 2013 after a fairly average season for them. They did alright that season finished 3rd and were actually in the title race up until maybe 5 games to go but he knew the team wasn't quite ready at that point. He got Matic in as his enforcer in his first season then the following summer he got rid of Luiz who he didn't trust and was popular within the dressing room so not playing him created problems, signed Fabregas to give his midfield some flair and signed a world class striker in Costa as the previous season they were still trying to get along with Demba Ba & Torres.

He also had a world class talent in Hazard who he managed to get fired up to play for the team rather than for himself and that season they absolutely romped the league but he knew there were a few old soldiers especially in his defence who were on the last legs.

The issue for him was after winning the league he wanted to go for Europe but the club weren't prepared to sign the players he wanted he apparently wanted players like Stones & Pogba and he ended up with Pedro & Falcao on loan.

He went into that first game of the season and he erupted after a shock loss and he went after the club doctor and that sort of feels like what is happening here he's created a pressure bubble that is ready to burst and he isn't able to release that pressure. It was building up before Liverpool and that released it then we lose to Sevilla and the pressure comes back and fair enough we beat Brighton but it still feels like there's loads of pressure on the club at the moment with needless headlines.

Conte is struggling in season 2 with that club, are we saying he is rubbish too?

Hazard sounds like a problem like Pogba. Too much player power.

The problems he had at Madrid is again, too much player power and he tried to break that. Do we want to be like Madrid?

I don't think many people wanted Jose but he is there. His style is no way like we have played this season. We need to give him the time to rebuild.

If being like Madrid delivers back to back CL, then why not? Players have always been pushing the power envelope. Thinking a manager is the key employee at a club these days is tantamount to Rose tinted glasses. I'm not having a go it just is what it is!

Is that why we haven't got any leaders at Utd anymore? Does Jose not want a ringleader or 2 in the squad who will stand up to his antics and lead a dressing room revolt? Ibra is the only personality in the dressing room and he is only just coming back into the squad.

Also, I was thinking, can anyone name a manager who has ever come back and turned it around from a situation like this? I can't think of one, we even know now Conte will be gone end of the season too. I think Jose has it in him but the guy has to change his ways, his playing style, his attitude but I don't think he wants to do this.

If leaders stand-up to him I think they get filleted in public. If they don't and buy in to his style then everything is fine. But if stories are to be believed Pogba stood up to him and tried to bring squad concerns to him. Since then Pogba has not looked like he can be a**ed for JM!

I think as a squad the Utd playing staff has lost it's identity the players who almost self policed and set standards under the Fergie era are all gone and they haven't really been replaced by peope who will maintain those standards regardless of who's in charge.

However, if you employ 25 members of staff and 1 manager who do you really need to set the standards? It's a strange management structure as your players are the valuable assets so if you get a conflict do you change 5 players or 1 manager? Well in football it will always be the manager who goes partly because of transfer windows meaning it's harder to change players than manager but also because most clubs have sporting directors who are picking the players.

Utd seem to be happy to let Mourinho build his own squad even if it takes him 2 or 3 seasons to complete it my guess is all they expect as a minimum is CL qualification every season. I can accept that and it's probably necessary that we give the manager/club time to put things right and almost ignore what is going on at City but you have to wonder how long Mourinho will be able to keep his players on board I don't think they've downed tools on him yet but you can see frustrations.

My big worry is if/when the Mourinho volcano erupts and he leaves will we be able to carry on with his plan or is he so vital to it all that when he goes like Fergie we are back to square one again. Utd have to start being prepared to change managers every 2-3 years because that is modern football and we were different because we had Fergie but that's all gone now so I think the long term planning needs to be taken away from managers because sometimes like Moyes you might have to pull the plug in year 1 because you've made a bad appointment but that shouldn't put you right back to the start again.

If being like Madrid delivers back to back CL, then why not? Players have always been pushing the power envelope. Thinking a manager is the key employee at a club these days is tantamount to Rose tinted glasses. I'm not having a go it just is what it is!

A club despised by pretty much everyone, whose fans boo the side and players like Ronaldo! and change managers every year. Madrid won the CL because they attract the best players, the league is better than the PL and will always attract the players more than prem teams. Unless they want the wedge

Also, I was thinking, can anyone name a manager who has ever come back and turned it around from a situation like this? .

What situation is that exactly, the one where he won two trophies in the first season? take City out the equation who no one can get near, is top of the table in his second season? And into the semi's of the FA cup? Just beat Chelsea and Liverpool. Ok Seville knocked us out. It's not the first time we have had a bad result. Ok he might have picked the wrong team. Some of Fergies selections blew my mind. It sounds like a combination of bad selection and the team not following orders. It doesn't matter how bad you think his selection was, we should have a squad good enough that whoever is picked can do a job. Clearly we don't. We have no idea who is carrying injuries, who needed a rest or anything. It's pure speculation.

I'm not sure what you expect really, first part of the season we played really well, injuries happened and he had to revise the way we play. Would you rather he carried on playing that way and we finished 6th? No doubt some of the players have also gone off form. Lets just see what happens next year.

Or we could listen to Redknapp and Souness and Keown and just sit and moan, make things worse by the press printing fans are on his back and it spiral out of control. Hey presto we are Liverpool 1994.

Apart from the style being grim for the past few months, what exactly is the problem? There are no reports the players are unhappy, just sources. My source says the lotto numbers will be 3 5 26 29 34 45 go for it. That's about how reliable these reports are.

It's so easy to be used to winning the league all the time. But we always knew replacing Sir Alex would be difficult, 3 manager in and we just sack him again and start all over. Then moan at the new guy in two years because we don't win. It takes time to build a squad and a team. I think Jose is doing an ok job, getting good players, playing the youth. Once he has a defence he can trust we will be more attacking. Lets just give him a chance and support our manager. There were many dark times under Alex when he was squad building.

A club despised by pretty much everyone, whose fans boo the side and players like Ronaldo! and change managers every year. Madrid won the CL because they attract the best players, the league is better than the PL and will always attract the players more than prem teams. Unless they want the wedge
Under Fergie United were despised, it's a great position to be in. Being a laughing stock is not. The fans are not the team/club though are they? They are not what wins or loses La Liga's/CL's? So to include them is a Red Herring (and our fans have been known to do the same, you pays your money, you have rights to protest). United used to attract the best players if not in the world then certainly in Northern Europe and challenge in Europe, whilst being despised. So if that is what it takes to be a CL contender then yes I'd take it. You only become despised if you are successful (or in City and PSG circumstances run by regimes with horrendous human rights records).

You mentioned before about Pep buying 14 players to get the team to his image, it's obvious that it worked. I know there are issues expected with such grand recruitment jobs, but why did JM not do the same. Everyone was telling me he assessed the squad under LVG already before joining. He clearly hadn't and still decides to pick a limited discoloured cotton bud in Midfield over a youngster who in 18 games showed more use or an £89m signing of his own. He's a busted flush, but he signed his contract, probably the water tight, get sacked and earn more than Sanchez, contract he wanted. Without Fergie there needs to be a DoF then I have literally no care who the manager might be, as there will be a structure, a standard to hold players to, and a list of United targets and not manager targets.

In short, be like Madrid? Yes, yes please!

Hey the nuts names eric, Was just reading your posts on various different threads about different topics, and while I think you make some good points, do you ever think that your dislike to Jose Mourinho ever clouds your judgement?

Fine you dont like him everyone's entitled to their opinion. That's what football is all about, different opinions. But I'm curious to know if you thought all of this when we won the Europa league last season? Or the league cup? Was he a "charlatan" then? Would and will you ever accept him? Would you not consider 2nd place and an FA cup semi so far this season as progress?

Just curious, no digs at yourself. Its just when I read your posts sometimes I often wonder if you Rafa Benitez! Because you seem to hate Jose that much.

If we were to go the Real Madrid way there'd be uproar. Real Madrid sign players they don't need and give youth very little chance. Look at the backlash people have given over us signing Sanchez. That's just a slight hint in to the Real Madrid way.

Hey the nuts names eric, Was just reading your posts on various different threads about different topics, and while I think you make some good points, do you ever think that your dislike to Jose Mourinho ever clouds your judgement?

Fine you dont like him everyone's entitled to their opinion. That's what football is all about, different opinions. But I'm curious to know if you thought all of this when we won the Europa league last season? Or the league cup? Was he a "charlatan" then? Would and will you ever accept him? Would you not consider 2nd place and an FA cup semi so far this season as progress?

Just curious, no digs at yourself. Its just when I read your posts sometimes I often wonder if you Rafa Benitez! Because you seem to hate Jose that much.
I can't stand him. I enjoyed the FA Cup win under LVG not last season. LVG football was horrendous too, but I felt more in touch with the team then, more youth players involved etc... Etc...

I have never, and will never like JM. That is I guess a failing of mine. Didn't like him after his Porto dance down the touchline, first impression was TOOL. My first impressions aren't usually accurate this is probably the only time it has been.

Therefore I'll never come out in his defence I think he's an illness on our club and game. I will always support those in opposition of him (barring the waiter, he I hate more than JM), seeing what he's done/doing to Shaw, what he did with Eva Carniero and what he has done throughout his career I'll always back the guy/gal he's picking on.

TNNE Surely you see you're contradicting yourself? Talk about going the Real Madrid way and then say you felt more in touch with the team under LVG because og youth. The Real Madrid way means we can remove the entire youth system.

I am afraid your wish will never be granted. Madrid will always get the best players because of the weather and league, as well their history.

I don't want to be like them, I want to be like Man Utd, a club built on youth, local players and attacking football.

One of those isn't working at the moment, I have great hope another transfer window will change that. Jose was doing ok until recently with the style. Ok not brilliant, but we had some good performances. We are all too quick to point a finger and demand a change.

The CL final against Munich, we were awful like against Seville, the FA cup final Cantona scored, awful. The CL against Chelsea was an awful match. We had plenty of awful periods under Alex, and he mostly shut up shop in big games.

We have had 3 months of grim football, 2nd in the league with an FA cup semi. I don't know why you choose blame Jose when it appears to me some of the players aren't earning their money. And some of them aren't good enough for their money. He can't play attacking football with the defence and midfield we have. I read today he's after Willian, Varane, Kroos, Verrati Alderwerield and umtiti

I'd say all of those are possible apart from Kroos. But if we did get those we would be more attacking football. I don't think we need 3 CB's though and there is no RB listed.

Swap Pogba for Verrati
Swap Shaw for Rose

@TNNE Madrid Players ages with those that have played over 600 minutes

Not a whole lot of youth in that squad. The second youngest player used is older than Lukaku.

Who was the last player that plays regularly for them that came through their youth system?

At one point under Fergie we were a 'Madrid'-type of Northern Europe. Yes we don't have the weather but neither did the Nordics or Germany etc... What we did differently thanks to Fergie buying into the ethos of United studying under Busby was reintroduce the youth squad and scouting etc...

In the meantime Fergie tried to get the best players in England and Scotland to sign for him. Sometimes investing in Norway, Sweden, Denmark etc... Supplementing the squad with players often deemed not good enough from the youth squad. (Not too dissimilar to LVG).

@IDFD you've always been a bit of a JM fan as your Dad is Chelsea. So we'll not agree on him. I accept what you say about Madrid, so yes I shouldn't necessarily want to be them. Be like them, yes please they are successful and desirable. Be them no thanks, no soul.

I can't stand him. I enjoyed the FA Cup win under LVG not last season. LVG football was horrendous too, but I felt more in touch with the team then, more youth players involved etc... Etc...

I have never, and will never like JM. That is I guess a failing of mine. Didn't like him after his Porto dance down the touchline, first impression was TOOL. My first impressions aren't usually accurate this is probably the only time it has been.

Therefore I'll never come out in his defence I think he's an illness on our club and game. I will always support those in opposition of him (barring the waiter, he I hate more than JM), seeing what he's done/doing to Shaw, what he did with Eva Carniero and what he has done throughout his career I'll always back the guy/gal he's picking on.

That's fine. Thats how you feel about Jose then thats your prerogative. There isnt anything that I can say or write to change that.

All I would point out is for me personally I judge him as the manager of Manchester United as it is now. So Porto, Real Madrid, Eva Carniero, Chelsea and anything else is his past. We've all got a past with both good and bad in it. As Manchester united manager his brought the club a stability that we didn't have under LVG or Moyes. I didn't want to see us turning into a Madrid and sacking managers all the time. And to be fair we have been successful in his short period at this club as well, I do think thats fair to say do you? Of course we could have done things better. But in a competitive league like ours. Position and strong cup runs are not guaranteed like they are in say Spain for the big boys. So while the football maybe falling short we do have results. And results buy managers time surely to change what needs to be changed.

To an extent results buy managers time. He's had 4 windows to adjust the squad and has bought very few effective players to the squad. @Mr C mentioned somewhere about Pep @ City nd number of players signed in a similar period, why that hasn't happened at United (barring getting rid of those he deems not fit) I don't know.
Clubs like United, Real and Barcelona judge you on more than results though, and that is where JM is letting himself down. Whilst the language is not the same as Moyes, and the position is better, the narrative is the same, small time/small club mindset.

Proper discussion this. I'm no fan of the gaffer but I've got no issues with his comments or antics with the media.

Trophies or bust tho JOSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back