Which goalkeeper if De Gea leaves in the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Who would you like to succeed De Gea if he leaves in the summer? Valdes? Cech? Lloris? Begovic?

Like the potential forwards we could sign, not many really jump out. Cech probably the best option but would be very surprised to see Chelsea let him join us. Lloris would probably be most likely if we were to sign one, I think he's a good keeper but nowhere near De Gea. I would prefer us to sign a replacement than have Valdes as first choice.

I'd expect us to go with Valdes and maybe sign a young keeper for Hoek to train up and potentially replace Valdes to be honest. It'll be someone with good feet. Not sure that's Cech or Begovic.

Can't see Spurs/Levy letting Lloris go and if they do, it won't be cheap with him signing a 5 year contract last summer, probably cost more than what we get for De Gea. I like Cech, but not sure he's what Van Gaal wants in a keeper, i'd certainly take him and would much prefer him to Lloris regardless of cost. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sergio Romero come in on a free as backup to Valdes. Handanovic from Inter seems to be another option.

I'm not hugely convinced by Lloris. Perhaps Leno is worth a look.

Can see Valdes taking the 1 spot. I can't really say if he's good or not. Can't remember watching him play. Possibly bring in another keeper but can't see it.

De Gea, Lindegaard, Amos and Johnstone all likely to leave this summer. I think we'll see someone come in.

We will almost certainly buy a new keeper. I was never m ad keen on valdes at his peak. Good experienced back up but that's about it.

It's hard to really judge Valdes as we've not really seen him play in about 2 years. Only the coaches really know if he's still got what it takes to be #1 at a top club. He is Van Gaal's type of keeper. I wouldn't be surprised to see him be #1 in the short term if he's still got it in him with a younger keeper brought in to be the long term replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back