Wesley Sneijder, would you take him on the cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ONEILL92

I know everyone hated the whole "is he coming or is he not?" back in the summer before last season but with rumors of him leaving Inter starting to emerge again was just wondering everyone's opinion if he did become available and especially if he were at a cheap price. Even though Fergie has said he won't be bringing in anyone in January do you think he'd go for him if the price was right and his wage demands weren't high? As well as this do you think we need him in our midfield seeing as we've already added Kagawa this season, Clev seemingly coming along well and Ando, before he got injured, having a great run of form.

Yes, if he is able to play in central midfield, but I am sceptical he can. Perhaps Rooney will switch to midfield and Sneijder at #10? I personally would prefer Rooney to remain at #10.

As you say we now have Cleverley and Kagawa that can fulfil similar positions, but bringing in quality has to be a positive even if we have cover in said position. See van Persie.

Is Sneijder’s form and fitness since the 2010 World Cup an issue?

I am not sure I would now. 18 months ago I would have paid a lot of money for him. But now he is not in the same form, he is 18 months older and he would be another player who we would not quite know what to do with in terms of his position. I would much rather go and get a really good midfield player who can operate in a 2 man central midfield. Somebody like Strootman or wanyama.

If he is willing to play deeper then yes no doubt, would be a great addition.

He's still quality. When I watched the world cup games involving Holland were dreadful, but he still looked class in that team. His through balls are top notch, he is one of the few players that can thread a ball through a pin hole. His passing ability, especially through balls are .

I'd personally say no, I do think we need to bring someone into our Midfield, but I don't think Sneijder would be the answer, As Boothsownred has said, Strootman would be a good signing, but in an ideal world, I'd love to see us get Christian Eriksen from Ajax, his performances in the Eredivisie and in the Champions League this season have been brilliant, he's younger so would probably last longer, and have the potential to improve even further and even if Sneijder was on the cheap, I'd expect we could get Eriksen even cheaper.

May be cheap, transfer fee wise but would still command a high wage and he plays in a position where we already have Rooney and Kagawa plus others who can play in that role. Sneijder is not the central midfielder we need. He's one of my favourite non-United players but he hasn't been at top of his game since 2010.

Most likely, don't see where he would fit in now we have Kagawa and Rooneys playing deeper. If Fergie thinks he can play the Scholes role then we might take a punt on him though.

I just think we need somebody younger and more dynamic for that position at the moment. I think we need somebody more in the Roy Keane roll, I am very happy with the creativity with Kagawa coming in and Rooney dropping deeper.

Well we've need a bit of tenacity added to our midfield for a long time and it hasn't been addressed but we'll still need to try and replace Scholes come the summer which is why I think it's possible we might make a move for Sneijder if Fergie can see him playing in a deep midfield role. For £5-10 million I don't think we can really go wrong even if his wages will be high.

Yeah its not a huge amount of money. The good thing about Scholes is he has always been able to play in a two man central midfield, I am not sure Sneijder has that in him.

Sneijder is not the answer. That ship has sailed. Our biggest problem is the lack of an alternative to Carrick and also depth with Anderson, Scholes, Fletcher, Giggs not able to play every game. Cleverley's not totally reliable in terms of fitness yet either and is being developed into a bit of a box to box midfielder it seems. A young midfielder to provide backup to Carrick and succeed him in future to partner Cleverley would be ideal.

Sneijder is a class midfielder but we already have players that can do a decent job in his position, we need a Strootman or Wanyama not a Sneijder.

Sneijder is in talks with Galatasaray according to their president Unal Aysal.

Media reports this evening suggest Sneijder is nearing a move to Galatasaray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back