Varane to Leave?

That's a good point to be fair. Maybe it is the fact he picks up knocks. I didn't look at his injury history until just now and I believe you might be right. It's just a shame such a great player can't do a consistent 90 minutes. That is what winning requires, the same players in the same positions IMO. Maguire was impressing me with his fight for that place anyway, since the arm band was removed from him I feel like he started to play like the player we all thought we signed.

Yep most sides win the title have a pretty consistent line up through a season. You need your big money guys out there giving you 50-60 good games a season.

Maguire has probably got back to somewhere near his best after 2 poor seasons but I think his best probably isn’t going to be good enough. Hopefully his performances this season will get a few more clubs interested this summer when I reckon the club will look to sell him again.

This summer I think Utd need to be looking at bringing in 2 good young centre backs.

Yep most sides win the title have a pretty consistent line up through a season. You need your big money guys out there giving you 50-60 good games a season.

Maguire has probably got back to somewhere near his best after 2 poor seasons but I think his best probably isn’t going to be good enough. Hopefully his performances this season will get a few more clubs interested this summer when I reckon the club will look to sell him again.

This summer I think Utd need to be looking at bringing in 2 good young centre backs.
With Maguire's recent run of form, I wouldn't be unhappy to see him get a final year to be honest. As for new blood, maybe Branthwaite, which I've been watching recently, he's looking good but you get few dead certs these days the only way to know is buy and try.

Maguire has had long enough. He's not good enough.
Been ok last few games though.
But ideal time to sell when his price will be high.

With Maguire's recent run of form, I wouldn't be unhappy to see him get a final year to be honest. As for new blood, maybe Branthwaite, which I've been watching recently, he's looking good but you get few dead certs these days the only way to know is buy and try.

I just don’t think Maguireis good enough to start and his wages are very high for a squad player, with all the FFP stuff Utd need to sell players can’t just keep letting them go on frees.

Yeah not an easy position to fix, Spurs seem to have found a gem in Van De Ven but was a small sample size before his injury. City went big to land Gvardiol but seem to play him at full back quite a lot.

Branthwaite looks a talent, there is a lot of hype around the lad at Nice Todibo will INEOS use that link in the summer?

The key is buying players that fit the style the club wants to build all our centre backs feel very different players.

I just don’t think Maguireis good enough to start and his wages are very high for a squad player, with all the FFP stuff Utd need to sell players can’t just keep letting them go on frees.

Yeah not an easy position to fix, Spurs seem to have found a gem in Van De Ven but was a small sample size before his injury. City went big to land Gvardiol but seem to play him at full back quite a lot.

Branthwaite looks a talent, there is a lot of hype around the lad at Nice Todibo will INEOS use that link in the summer?

The key is buying players that fit the style the club wants to build all our centre backs feel very different players.
Maybe he can actually play with Martinez though and justify those wages. He was under immense pressure having to lead us for so long. Maybe the rest of this season can justify to us all that he is good enough. I hate it when we move someone on and they become great elsewhere. Moyes is no dummy and he was the one who wanted him, so I'm keeping my opinion of giving him one more full season, but I do agree with you that he will more than likely be moved on. It's got what could have been written all over it though.

Heard the rumours about Tobido but can't really have any opinion on him - I have zero minutes watched. I have no idea how good he is.

Our style should be keeping the ball, so for me any player that is comfortable on the ball and wants to receive it, and do something, not move it on like it's a bomb.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm be shocked if the club now decided to extend Varane, Evans I'm not so sure they might give him another year if he wants to carry on.

Is that because of his injury record..... see Malacia, Shaw, Martinez, Mount.

If it's his wages maybe.

Tricky,, Lindelof is fragile, Martinez seems to be fragile. We can't replace them all. I think on a reduced wage it would make sense to keep Varane.

Reality we need two CB's next window but we won't get two in this next window. They all need replacing bar Martinez, how you go about that who knows.

For me lose Maguire for money in, renew Varane on a lower wage although rumour is he wants that wage. Get in a CB. Next window swap out Lindelof/Varane. After that get rid of the remaining one.

It's age, wages, injuries and I don't think he's great bringing the ball from the back. Listing a load of other injured players doesn't really justify a reason to keep this guy. Would you give all of those guys new contracts if they were in the last 6 months?

He's fit at the moment and he's playing well but we all know what's round the corner with him.

Doesn't sound to me like he's interested in reduced terms, sounds like he was expecting the 1 year option to be activated and was surprised when they said it wasn't going to be.

Listing a load of other injured players doesn't really justify a reason to keep this guy
agreed, but likewise it's not a reason to bin him when others are worse. Because if that was your reason, it would clearly it would be daft considering the other players injury records.

as I said in my post above, they all need going, I gave how I would do it.

agreed, but likewise it's not a reason to bin him when others are worse. Because if that was your reason, it would clearly it would be daft considering the other players injury records.

as I said in my post above, they all need going, I gave how I would do it.

I think with the work that needs to be done you just get them out as quickly as you can.

I still have hope with Martinez he was so unlucky with that injury vs West Ham. That's one you just have to put down to bad luck as it's an impact injury rather than a sign that his body is starting to struggle with the demands of 2 games a week.

Hopefully we start next season with a fit Martinez and a new partner that's what I'd like to see.

I don't really see Varane wanting to finish his career as a squad player and I think he'll want a few years on any contract we off him even on reduced terms. I mean if you believe the rumours he's on more than double what someone like Lindelof is on is he realistically going to drop his wages by 50-60%? I doubt it.

It's going to be tough turning over the squad because there's so many who need to move on and there's going to be very little interest in a lot of them.

Few rumours this morning of talks over a new deal.

Reported as a 2 year deal with reduced wages.

Rather keep Jonny Evans on for an additional year.

So it's a no from me, good luck back in France Raphaël

Don't see why he wouldn't get a new contract. If he accepts less wages then even better. His injuries are being overstated.

He's been available for the majority of the season.

Interesting look at the injury hit squad too.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back