United sign Alexis Sanchez

Rashford could play right sided I suppose.

Rashford has been tried there and goes missing. Martial the same. They both seem better from the left. Hence we have a right sided problem. Ideally when we started the season I'd have thought we would have played with Matial left and Rash right and they swap but neither of them did the business there. on the right so they are now fighting for a LM position. Now Sanchez has come in it's an absolute no brainer that he is better than the pair of them put together.

One thing is probably for sure, Sanchez will play the majority of the remainder of this season at RM. You never know, if it all clicks then we have a ready made attack. if Sanchez isnt as good on the right expect major changes in the summer.

Yeah it's interesting, you would think (and hope and pray) that Jose has this all in his head, a plan of how to balance the attack and he is just adding pieces to his jigsaw that HOPEFULLY should all fall into place come the 1st September 2018 lol

The way I'd describe it if you're going into battle and building your army if you've got the option to take 1 more weapon with you then you take it.

Alexis Sanchez basically gives you an ace in a game of high card draw (assuming aces are high) if you've got an ace the worst case is so does the other guy and you draw.

He does that, just glad he has to sort it out and not me! That would give me a headache on Footy Manager no matter in real life haha

I think Sanchez is never going to be confined to a role anyway, he is a roamer so I don’t think him being on the right is much of an issue. Obviously he’s been on the left for Arsenal but eventually one of our creative players is going to have to play right side! If we play him there and it doesn’t work then fine, but I think Jose will have a go at first.

There is no point putting Martial or Rashford out on the right because that’s not where their strength lies. Martial loves to come inside on his right so would be wasted and well Rashford doesn’t deserve a starting spot right now.

I don't like saying it but I don't think Mourinho trusts Martial he's an amazing talent but he doesn't work particularly hard and sometimes he goes missing, Neville & Carragher both said it on Monday night football after the Stoke game he need to go that extra 5-10% to take him from the talented youngster to being the real top talent who guarantees you 20+ a season from the wing like Sanchez does.

I think Sanchez might have come in to show Martial/Rashford the standard that is required when they see how hard that guy works it might help the penny drop with them that to be a £300k a week footballer you need to demand perfection from yourself as well as others.

The more I think about it the more convinced I am that Sanchez will go on the left of the front 3 or 4 which leaves the youngsters scrapping for games on the right. You put your best players in their best positions as they're the difference makers you use the other guys to plug gaps.

That's not to say it's curtains for these two boys but they may need to accept a back seat to Sanchez over the next 2 years to work on their game to get to his level because that's the standard that Utd want and if you want to be in our first team you need to be at that standard. The "potential" talent argument will only get you so far it gets you a chance in the team but very quickly you need to drop that "potential" tag and start delivering because Utd can't keep waiting for talent to develop otherwise you end up like Arsenal we need a team that is ready to go toe to toe with City next season and that means we need a team that can put 90+ points on the board in 38 games.

This is what I've been trying to say :) but badly.

Sanchez needs to play left if we are 433. This two lads need to prove they're worth hanging on to. And that is up to them.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back