United looking for a striker?

What will be interesting is Ole now has to start Cavani. Does Martial get back in the side after if he performs.

What will be interesting is Ole now has to start Cavani. Does Martial get back in the side after if he performs.
I will not be looking at or criticising our forward until our defence is sorted, thats where everything starts!

If Cavani comes in and hits the ground running then he should stay in the team it's the same for any player no one's position in the team should be nailed on.

I'm guessing Cavani and Greenwood will share the load at centre forward while he's banned can't really see Ighalo starting if Cavani lands wouldn't be surprised if Utd look to get him back to China straight away rather than keep paying him until January.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Signing Cavani has gone from a shot in the dark to being what might save our season. If Cavani remembers how to play football his arrival could be transformative. I'm remaining hopeful.

I’m happy enough

The club needed a striker think he’s much better competition for Martial than Ighalo.

Seems a good pro, he’s a winner, he’s a leader, good in the air, a penalty box poacher and he’s a proven goal scorer.

Age isn’t on his side and will take him a few weeks to get up to speed after 6 months off but he will have kept himself fresh so hopefully the coaches can find some clever sessions to build up his sharpness while the squad is away on internationals.

Yeah would be pretty content with this one. At worst we have a guy who is providing some quality back up. At best he regains his world class form and we have a gem for a couple of years.

The problem is we have not dealt with the right flank problem, or a more recently found out centre half problem. If we were to get Dembele I would be reasonably happy

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back