Top 4 Race 2020/21

Thought the same thing watching yesterday. Couldn't even laugh when the Scouse chucked it right at the end.

Was happy when Leeds scored something I honestly didn't think was possible.

I'm not annoyed with the players or the managers who will face the brunt of this from fans they seem to have been totally caught out by this all too.

It's Utd vs Liverpool in 2 weeks time there should be serious disruptive protests outside that ground from both sets of fans doing everything they can to get that game called off. Block the roads and stop the team buses getting to the ground a message needs to be sent to these clubs that this is not what the fans want.

Tough to do with Covid restrictions still in place but fans need to come together and send a message.

Was happy when Leeds scored something I honestly didn't think was possible.

I'm not annoyed with the players or the managers who will face the brunt of this from fans they seem to have been totally caught out by this all too.

It's Utd vs Liverpool in 2 weeks time there should be serious disruptive protests outside that ground from both sets of fans doing everything they can to get that game called off. Block the roads and stop the team buses getting to the ground a message needs to be sent to these clubs that this is not what the fans want.

Tough to do with Covid restrictions still in place but fans need to come together and send a message.
I hear you. When I first wrote that, I had "Couldn't even laugh when Leeds scored tight at the end" which just felt dirty to say, so I rephrased it.

32 played

2nd Man Utd 66 points
3rd Leicester 56 points (31 played)
4th Chelsea 55 points
--------------------------------
5th West Ham 55 points
6th Spurs 53 points (33 played)
7th Liverpool 53 points

Big game in the top 4 race with West Ham hosting Chelsea bit decision for Tuchel as he has a European Cup semi final midweek to factor in to his selection.

Spurs/Liverpool will be praying for a draw to keep them in the hunt I think they'll get what they want.

33 played

2nd Man Utd 67 points
3rd Leicester 62 points
4th Chelsea 58points
5th West Ham 55 points
6th Liverpool 54 points
7th Spurs 53 points

34 played

2nd Man Utd 67 points (33 played)
3rd Leicester 63 points
4th Chelsea 61 points
5th West Ham 58 points
6th Spurs 56 points
7th Liverpool 54 points (33 played)

Bad weekend for Liverpool all the teams above them took points

Leicester sliding again got a tough run in as well could they slip up again.

Losing 4-2 at home to Newcastle was a very poor result for them.

Leicester have Utd (a), Chelsea (a), Spurs (h)

West Ham have Everton (h), Brighton (a), WBA (a), Southampton (h)

It’s a 5 point gap realistically 6 points with the goal difference.

Leicester just seem to run out of steam when it matters. Think they may just stay in the top four but it could be nail biting.

Think the Utd situation gives them hope as Utd will have to rotate for that game.

My guess is they hoped to rest a few vs us before the cup final but you can’t see that happening now.

1 win from the last 3 is probably good enough.

Chelsea up to 3rd.

Great win away at City

West Ham messing it up a little. Can’t see them making it now. Although we may have a big part to play in this race with Leicester and Liverpool coming up. Go ultra rotation against Leicester and then play very strong against Liverpool? Yep I think so - let them have those lovely Thursday nights.

I agree, if Liverpool have CL the transfer market gets a bit more difficult

Think the plan for us was always go weak vs Leicester then strong vs Liverpool.

West Ham are wobbling but 3 easy games to finish they’ll be hoping even a weakened Utd can take points from Leicester.

35 played

2nd Man Utd 70 points (34played)
3rd Chelsea 64 points
4th Leicester 63 points
5th West Ham 58 points
6th Liverpool 57 points (34 played)
7th Spurs 56 points

It's officially done for United. Progress. No last day sweat.

36 played

2nd Man Utd 70 points
3rd Leicester 66 points
4th Chelsea 64 points
5th Liverpool 60 points (35 played)
6th West Ham 58 points (35 played)

Hard to see West Ham making it now.

Liverpool can get a maximum on 69 points but Leicester and Chelsea still play each other.

So if Chelsea win they can get to 70 and Leicester can be maximum 69 so could come down to goal difference between them and Liverpool which is tight.

If Leicester win Chelsea can only reach 67.

So really Chelsea need a win in the league on Tuesday night against Leicester.

Liverpool probably have to win all 3 games to make it.

Leicester last game is Spurs I hope spurs play the reserves like Utd did.

Liverpool win all three and they do make it. As Chelsea play Leicester.

Although if Leicester beat Chelsea it will be GD I think.

Liverpool win all three and they do make it. As Chelsea play Leicester.

Although if Leicester beat Chelsea it will be GD I think.

If Chelsea beat Leicester but Leicester beat Spurs it comes down to goal difference which currently is all pretty level at the moment that 4th goal by Salah could actually be important for them.

3 wins will likely give Liverpool the best goal difference

You know what, Chelsea blowing everything and finishing 5th would be pretty hilarious. And yes, this is what I’m resorting to in an attempt to make myself feel better.

36 played

2nd Man Utd 70 points
3rd Leicester 66 points +21
4th Chelsea 64 points +22
5th Liverpool 63 points +21

It’s now 2 from 3

Leicester - Chelsea (a) Spurs (h)
Chelsea - Leicester (h) Villa (a)
Liverpool - Burnley (a) Palace (h)

3Chelsea37191082367
4Liverpool3719992466
5Leicester37206112066

Going down to the last day. Chelsea have Villa away, Leicester at home to Spurs and Liverpool at home to Palace.

Liverpool aren’t going to mess it up now after recovering so well to get into contention. So think it’s between Leicester and Chelsea as the four goal swing between Leicester and Liverpool won’t be made up.

Chelsea have a tough game and despite their woes Spurs can still grab a good result. Least there is something to get excited about on the last day with the title race and relegation done and dusted!

3Chelsea37191082367
4Liverpool3719992466
5Leicester37206112066

Going down to the last day. Chelsea have Villa away, Leicester at home to Spurs and Liverpool at home to Palace.

Liverpool aren’t going to mess it up now after recovering so well to get into contention. So think it’s between Leicester and Chelsea as the four goal swing between Leicester and Liverpool won’t be made up.

Chelsea have a tough game and despite their woes Spurs can still grab a good result. Least there is something to get excited about on the last day with the title race and relegation done and dusted!
Yeah it does but I think a.lot depends on who u want to see qualify? Me, I'd like Leicester to go thru with Chelsea and Liverpool both failing at the last hurdle. But just like the ECL final, where I want both teams to get beat, can't happen. Maybe I'm just a little bit biased or perhaps overwhelmingly so?

Just can't see Liverpool blowing it now they have the momentum they'll win their final game and I think Chelsea will too which leaves Leicester on the outside again they won't be able to get a 4 goal swing over Liverpool.

I do like Rodgers but this is two seasons in a row where and end of season collapse probably costs them a season in the Champions League but at least this season they got themselves the FA Cup.

I agree, looks like Leicester to lose out. Just hoping Hodgson goes out in flames

Palace have ruined the party for them before but they've just lost Eze to a long injury and he's a player I think would cause Liverpool a lot of problems.

Home crowd at Anfield as well just don't see them messing that one up.

How funny would it be a Benteke last minute goal to knock them out of the top 4.

Just can't see Liverpool blowing it now they have the momentum they'll win their final game and I think Chelsea will too which leaves Leicester on the outside again they won't be able to get a 4 goal swing over Liverpool.

I do like Rodgers but this is two seasons in a row where and end of season collapse probably costs them a season in the Champions League but at least this season they got themselves the FA Cup.
Leicester have been dreadfully unlucky again this season. Coupla injuries that they don't have the resources to cover. Again, asking Vardy to perform the way he does for a full season, aged 34, is a very big ask. 1 thing Rodgers does do very well is create a team harmony. I've never heard any one of his players, present or past, say a bad word about him. Quite the opposite in fact!

Palace have ruined the party for them before but they've just lost Eze to a long injury and he's a player I think would cause Liverpool a lot of problems.

Home crowd at Anfield as well just don't see them messing that one up.

How funny would it be a Benteke last minute goal to knock them out of the top 4.
Just hearing of that injury to Eze. Damn shame coz he is 1 player I would have loved to see Ole signing. Fantastic potential.. 1st season in PL and he ended up pulling the strings for Palace

Leicester have been dreadfully unlucky again this season. Coupla injuries that they don't have the resources to cover. Again, asking Vardy to perform the way he does for a full season, aged 34, is a very big ask. 1 thing Rodgers does do very well is create a team harmony. I've never heard any one of his players, present or past, say a bad word about him. Quite the opposite in fact!

Think the extra burden of Europa League games probably caught up to them in the end not enough players used to the midweek/weekend slog. I think his background in youth coaching helps him as he’s still able to teach players and make them better and his methods get results so I think players enjoy working with him as they are learning.

The game that killed them was that Newcastle one at home a few weeks back.

Think the extra burden of Europa League games probably caught up to them in the end not enough players used to the midweek/weekend slog. I think his background in youth coaching helps him as he’s still able to teach players and make them better and his methods get results so I think players enjoy working with him as they are learning.

The game that killed them was that Newcastle one at home a few weeks back.
Think what really killed them was Perez blasting over the bar from.close range against Chelsea midweek. Seemed easier to score!

Think what really killed them was Perez blasting over the bar from.close range against Chelsea midweek. Seemed easier to score!

Dunno that result vs Newcastle a few weeks back I think gave Liverpool a boost as well made them see something that was actually possible and since then they've got on a roll and look like they've made it.

That was a bad miss would have totally changed the picture if they'd snatched an equaliser wasn't even a hard chance you've got to at least force a brilliant save off the keeper from there bet he was gutted.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back