Tom Ince

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Sport | Football | Manchester United eye Blackpool starlet Tom InceExpress.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express

BLACKPOOL’S outstanding winger Tom Ince is ready to follow in famous father Paul’s footsteps by joining Manchester United.

Old Trafford boss Sir Alex Ferguson, who signed England midfielder Paul from West Ham in 1989 for £1million, now plans to bring in his son (right), 20.

Tom could cost six times more than his father, with United and Championship side Blackpool close to agreeing a £6m fee.

He has shone at Blackpool after being released on a free by Liverpool, where he made one first-team appearance as a sub in a League Cup defeat against Northampton Town.

Surely not Nani's replacement? Can't say I've seen much of him so no fair to judge.

No, I doubt he'll be a replacement for Nani (if he is sold). He'll probably be a signing that won't initially see a lot of game time, but he'll be somebody we look to develop. I've seen little of Ince myself, but he's apparently been impressive this season.

Seen him loads of times. He is class. Waiting for an update on this story, will give it to you when I know.

If he was that good he would be playing for Liverpool wouldnt he. Looked good this season for Blackpool but that does not make him United standard. Maybe worth a punt at the right price for the future but as Nanis replacement, I dont think so.

If he was that good he would be playing for Liverpool wouldnt he. Looked good this season for Blackpool but that does not make him United standard. Maybe worth a punt at the right price for the future but as Nanis replacement, I dont think so.

Not necessarily the case. He apparently left Liverpool because he wanted game time. Dalglish remained faithful to Downing, his signing. Shelvey has seen game time under Rodgers, so there's a possibility Ince would have too.

To be fair he has to be better than Downing. Still not sure. I always like to take a punt on young players but that should not stop you from buying ready made players either.

We're not exactly well stocked with wingers right now. I've not seen enough of Ince to judge if he's good enough but quite clear we're looking at a winger with our pursuit of Lucas Moura. Although, trying to get rid of Nani makes little sense.

Not necessarily the case. He apparently left Liverpool because he wanted game time. Dalglish remained faithful to his signing Downing. Shelvey has seen game time under Rodgers, so there's a possibility Ince would have too.

I meant Sterling rather than Shelvey.

Scored 6 in 6 in the Championship. Scored 8 in 41 last season. Very impressive goal return as a young winger. Definitely one to keep an eye on. United also looking at Nathan Redmond from Birmingham apparently, 18 year old winger.

He's a very good player, but I don't think we should sign him yet, for the players sake. If he leaves Blackpool he should sign for a lower Prem League side where he's more likely to see first team action because that's what he needs. If he then proves to be a class player in the Prem then sign him, cause if he signs & he doesn't play it will be a waste of a career for him.

Tom Ince for Nani? Are we crazy?

Also since when is Nani actually leaving us?

It's the players responsibility to look after his career, if Fergie thinks he would improve the squad here why wouldn't we make a bid?

There have been some very strong rumours Nani was due to leave at various points during the summer. Lucas was supposed to be his replacement and we apparently tried to offload him to Zenit in the last few days of the window. His performances so far have hardly done much to convince Fergie we shouldn't get rid.

It's the players responsibility to look after his career, if Fergie thinks he would improve the squad here why wouldn't we make a bid?

There have been some very strong rumours Nani was due to leave at various points during the summer. Lucas was supposed to be his replacement and we apparently tried to offload him to Zenit in the last few days of the window. His performances so far have hardly done much to convince Fergie we shouldn't get rid.
Well, yeah if Fergie thinks that Tom Ince would improve the squad then we'd make a bid.

For me it makes zero sense to offload one of the better offensive players that we have in our squad in Nani, and replace him with a player who would be generally considered as being inferior.

Rumours are just that rumours. I can't see Nani going anywhere long-term.

I think it's highly unlikely Ince will be bought as a direct replacement for Nani.

Asked a lad on my college course, who watches Blackpool home and away, about him. He reckons he's the best player in the Championship and he'll be playing for England within a couple of season.

Richardson, the journalist who wrote the article in the first post of this thread was on United In Press. He believes the deal could happen in January.

According to Sky Sports, we have stepped up our interest in Ince.

Ince has scored against Bolton. His ninth league goal of the season.

I rate this kid, but if he came to us or went to anther top side I think it could hurt his future. Is he going to get in our team? No. If he leaves Blackpool it should be to a team like Villa, Norwich etc.

Very impressive record. Only 20 still - had we sent one of own 20 year old's out on loan to a Championship club and he had 12 goals by the end of November we'd be rubbing our hands.

Very much so. From the little I've seen of Ince I'd be quite pleased if we signed him in January.

Sky Sports and others suggesting Liverpool in advanced talks to re-sign Tom Ince from Blackpool.

According to Rory Smith from The Times, Ince to Liverpool is a done deal. Sturridge too. Combined fee of £18m.

Bit disappointing. Ince's fee is a rumoured £4m. Very good deal. They've got some good attacking options now. Not a lot of experience though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back