Status
Not open for further replies.
If we win our game in hand we are a point behind with 2 to play? Yeah I can see us now doing it because neither City nor Arsenal are convincing and one of them is going to drop points next weekend. Win and we are in! I think that's what it now comes down to!

C'mon Arsenal! West Ham have lost as well 1-4 to Swansea.

Really starting to look like we are going to do the unimaginable and finish in the top 4! I can see City and Arsenal drawing tomorrow and City seem to have given up on their season.

Not really. I think city will go all out for champions league spot. We still have a couple of tough games ahead. Don't think we will get top 4.

If they drop points today then we are in pole position to finish in the top 4! We'd be 1 or 2 points behind with a game in hand. I think right now I'd make us marginal favourites given City have to play Arsenal today.

Tbh we can't rely on ourselves. If we had beaten Leicester it wouldn't have mattered what the result of their game it would have been in our own hands.

Need a big favour from Arsenal today and possibly from Swansea on the last day too. West Ham in midweek will be tough, on our side is the fact we beat them there recently and that they got hammered yesterday, Bilic will get a response from his players though I think, he seemed furious on MotD last night and bemoaned the lack of pressing from his players, so they'll be running hard on Tuesday.

You can't ask more at this stage for it to be in our own hands. Still don't have a huge amount of confidence we will win both games but at least if we fail we can only blame ourselves.

Just saw Robbie Savage say that finishing in the top 4 and winning the FA Cup would be a huge improvement on last year. Sorry but that's a load of rubbish. If we get in its because of the failings of City and we've in fact been worse overall this reason without doubt. And this is my worry about finishing in the top 4! Suddenly that with an FA Cup win looks decent and people start to think maybe that idiot is doing a good job.

Back in our own hands. Need Blind, Martial and Rashford back if we're to do it though. Martial in particular, alternatives to him are good talents but lacking in confidence and unlikely to provide the match winning moment that Martial can. If we don't win, you wouldn't put it past City slipping up again at Swansea.

Truthfully, neither us nor City deserve to finish 4th. Both really poor this season.

Huge lifeline. Massive game on Tuesday, time to prove you're one of the best managers in the world Louis.

Regardless of what happens and if we do get 4th and win the FA Cup, the decision makers would want to be pretty soft in the head to keep him on based on that.

West Ham United 3-2 Manchester United - 10th May 2016

Come on Swansea.

Can't see it happening now. We didn't really deserve much out of tonight's game. 20 shots to 3 says it all.

We don't deserve Champions League, we have opportunities to get right back in the mix and we blow it. Swansea are in really good form at the moment but don't see City losing it when it really matters. As sad as it is to say!

And that assumes we hold up our end of the bargain and win! Which I have no faith this team can do. Let's be honest we aren't good enough and haven't been most of the season. The fact that we are still in with a chance on the last day is pretty damning of City really.

City are going to bloody throw this away aren't they! Pep is going to take over a team without Champions League football... Is it too late for him to swap Manchester clubs?

From what I've read on the BBC feed, City should be well clear... Which makes me think it's going to be one of those games where they throw it away.

Still can do it... A 19-0 win would be enough. Keep the faith this can still be achieved. It's LVG so who knows? We play such attacking football under him... Ooh wait no, no we do not! Yeah OK its official.

Well done LVG! You useless sack of a very unpleasant substance.

A point at West Ham would have been enough providing we do beat Bournemouth now. Oh well, didn't deserve it.

What happens now? Time will tell.

What happens now I guess is the club will focus everything on the cup final. It's all we can do at this time because announcing anything else could be detrimental to our season.

At the end of the day winning the FA Cup would be good. It's not enough but hey it's better than a slap in face.

Following that a quick review of the season needs to be performed. And that review has to conclude that despite the money spent and the resources available, LVG has been an utter failure. He's taken the club backwards and I'm not convinced he will leave it in any better position than when he joined? Did he do a good job of clearing dead wood? Yeah he did but there's a lot of new dead wood he's brought in.

The only conclusion can be to sack him. Anything else and I'll predict right now 6th would be a good season next year.

A review should conclude that Woodward himself should go with him. Overseen 3 years mediocrity.

Couldn't agree more! Woodward is a big part of the problem.

He's been too indecisive and should have sacked LVG months ago. Doing so may of given a new manager chance to 1) secure top 4 and 2) work on things for next season. As it is all plans in place are LVGs and that leaves us in a worse position for next season.

His transfer negotiations have been dodgy to say the least... And he's gone after a lot of unattainable targets whilst dilly dallying on others and overspending on pretty much every single one.

He shouldn't leave the club though as I think on the marketing side he's been top notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back