The race to finish in a Champions League spot 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle away on Wednesday. Don't care how we do it. 3 points a must going in to a huge spell.

I don't think we will finish top four now with our upcoming fixtures compared to the others.

One of the assembled journalists asked van Gaal whether he thinks United have a tough run-in. “You said that before the games at the beginning of the season, when we were 13th – do you remember that?” the manager replied. “And in spite of all the games we had in front of us, we were third. It was 22 November after the game against Chelsea.

Touching cloth lads? That win could be huge, really needed to win tonight to boost confidence in general and for away games.

Huge goal. Four points from Swansea, Sunderland and Newcastle would have been a poor return.

I'm not confident about the next six games, I can see us picking up only 8-10 points.

Yeah massive goal considering the other results last night and the upcoming fixtures. Thought we deserved it, have seen a lot of criticism of the showing but nobody goes away to Newcastle and plays them off the park but I thought we did that for large spells last night. We had probably more dominance away to Swansea and got no luck so deserved a break last night I felt.

I think 10-12 points would be good going but the key game is Liverpool. Can't really afford to lose that. I think we'll beat Spurs at home.

Incredible to think that we could be two points off second if we win tomorrow.

City are pants. Unfortunately so are we. What City have in hand is their team has been together for a few years. It'll be interesting to see what they do in the summer; this squad is ageing badly. Suspect they'll change manager again in the summer too.

They way City are playing, they are now in the fight for a top 4 position, is going to be interesting

Southampton lost too. If Spurs lose or draw tomorrow that'll be good.

Big game again next week. Would be great to win next week. Becoming a battle for 2nd a bit now.

Can't believe that result. I think that puts more pressure on us for the weekend as there will be more expectations that we should win or take something from the game. It's a better kind of pressure than we could have been facing if recent results had gone differently.

City have been poor this season. Do not look like a defending champion at all. We should have taken three points off them earlier in the season. I am more hopeful of us taking something off them this weekend.

Spurs, Southampton and Liverpool all drop points. We need 8 more points if Liverpool win their remaining games.

Just had a look at the run in. 4 wins would probably still get us 3rd maybe even 2nd despite Sunday's shambles.

Finished 1-1. We're 6 points ahead of Liverpool now and also have a superior goal difference so barring an absolute shambles from us or something really heroic from Liverpool, 4th place looks secure. 3rd looks a tall task unfortunately. It'd be nice to give a few young players a run out at Hull. Pereira and Wilson maybe.

Need to start next season better and also bounce back better from bad results next season. A bad result/performance and our confidence goes to pot. Maybe a lack of leaders in the team/squad. Rooney's improved as captain but need more leaders in the team.

Yeah that used to be one of our strengths under Fergie our bounce-back-ability after defeats, always seemed to play very well the week after defeats. The fact van Gaal seems to press the panic button and change things up every time things aren't going well might be a reason why it isn't the case anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back