Should Scholes come out of International retirement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Would he fancy one last stab at the World Cup? Would he add something to England team?

This is what I've been contemplating for a long while now...hey UR,are we like twins that were separated at birth or what ? Are you blood type O positive ?

Scholes retired from international football to prolong his united career general knowledge right !If he were given an opportunity I think he would embrace it with both hands.

England for the most part is missing genius - someone with an accute football intelligence,someone that can read every situation and adapt with great awareness.Scholes as I have said on many occasions is like a chess player for football.

Then there's the fact of his talents - short ball,long ball,threw ball,lobs,flicks...etc.On his day he is as good as your ever going to get.

Then again I could be just be "talkin' trash" as the americans say...What a thought,Scholes in the world cup.Sheesh!

Not sure what blood type I am :)

Another reason why Scholes retired from International football was due to Sven Goran Eriksson. Eriksson ditched England's best midfielder on the left wing so he could select Lampard and Gerrard in centre mid. Scholes probably thought I'm better than those two (which he is) so fecked it off England.

Scholes would definitely add something to the England team/squad. He might want one last hooray for England at the World Cup and I wouldnt blame him.

I don't know if scholes could show enough enthusiasm for England... maybe he would play very well but could not add spezial quality to the squad... and whilst hating Gerrard and Lempard I would resignate from beeng called into the squad

scholes is one of those rare sporting animals that puts a) his family b)himself and c)man utd and sir alex before most things,he doesn't put fame and fortune before these as he has enough as it is,ambition normally comes with youth and although he is still ambitious enough to sign another contract he now knows his bodies limitations,and what he can and cannot do(which is still(after this season)better than anyone I've seen),he will walk away from football with a fantastic reputation and not think anything about it.as for coming out of retirement to me it is an emphatic NO !! go away scholsey have a good hols and be ready for utd and at least 25 games next season............

we've been unlucky(as utd supporters)in the past with players retiring before their time either a) through injury or b)through just having had enough...so while scholsey keeps himself fit and doesn't burn himself out either physycally or mentally we will be lucky to see more of him therefore we do actually benefit...and then again who gives a monkey about england!!

Scholes rates very very high on the players I've seen....edwards was a god in every sense,he was the best defensive midfield player i ever saw...well ahead of his time!!crerand had a left foot that was oozing class....robson well what can you say that already hasn't been written...and cantonna was a presence to behold..keane was...well roy keane!! but scholes has a bit of everything that those players possessed but is a player that besides edwards....has more speed than crerand,wasn't as injury prone (due to brain work (scholsey always seemed to know when a tackle was coming and could ride it better than anyone i've seen))scholsey could put the ball through the eye of a needle,and ghost int the box slightly better than cantonna(then again what a player eric was big man,big ego,big player and what a karate kick..lol) and roy well box to box and face to face ...one of the best...but if you asked utd players past and present they'd pick scholsey, his presence his is skill,his box to box was not noticed hence the amount of goals(ask city whether they saw him coming...lol)and for a small man(only in size)he gets up to great headers...sorry to go on but love the man..and again if you had seen edwards you would have drooled!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back