Shearer & Henry first players inducted into PL Hall of Fame

jsp

Top Poster Of Month

A certain Mr Giggs recent behavious probably got him knocked down the list a bit.

Not really sure why they've suddenly decided to invent a hall of fame so not really paying much notice to it.

They are two obvious choices although I do think Cantona and Shearer should have been the two origally inductees as they were the two players who defined the early years of the PL. Cantona was the driving force behind the title winners in 4 of the first 5 seasons the only season he didn't win it was when he was banned and Shearer finally pipped us.

Henry great player that he was to me doesn't deserve to go in ahead of Cantona.

Seeing as United dominated for years, certainly, Cantona, Keane, Bruce or someone should have gone in first

Not only that, I can't bear Shearer

Shearer was always going to go in first and it's hard to argue against it he's set the goal record and no one has really got near it yet.

I do wonder if they've got a bit neutral with the first few picks Henry is a guy who doesn't really have any baggage.

If you put Cantona in you have to deal with the fan incident, if you go Keane you have to deal with the Haaland topic or even Schmiechel had an incident with Ian Wright.

I personally just don't see the point of what they're trying to do here shouldn't this stuff belong to the PFA rather than the league anyway.

Oh yeah, Shearer has to go in, great player. I just don't like him.

As for Cantona, I hope they asked him and he said do one.

Stupid idea.

It's an American thing as far as I'm aware the sports have these big events normally before the finals where they induct the best players from the past into the hall of fame and it's quite a cool thing and a huge honour to be inducted but starting one that just covers the Premier League era is a bit odd.

Only looking at the last 30 years not the 100 years of league football that went before it is a bit silly.

Looks like they're all piling in now in the last few days Becks, Keane, Cantona and Gerrard have all been added.

Not sure why they're bothering with this whole idea.

One a day until tomorrow then that's 2021 inductees done

Surely the next one has to be a Chelsea player Terry, Lampard or Cole.

Still think it's a really odd thing to suddenly start doing

Yeah Shearer deserves to be there ....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As does Roy Keane with one the most vicious acts in footballing history. Shearer was a pussy cat compared to keane.

Stop being such a biased hypocrite.

As does Roy Keane with one the most vicious acts in footballing history. Shearer was a pussy cat compared to keane.

Stop being such a biased hypocrite.

When I need advice from you on what I can, or can't post, I'll let you know. Now jog on.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back