Not open for further replies.
150pxseattlesoundersfcs.png
vs.
200pxmanchesterunitedfc.png

USA Tour 2011
Wednesday, 20 July 2011
CenturyLink Field, Seattle
KO: 19:00 local time, 03:00 UK time​

I think i'll have to go to bed and then get up for this one, can't see me staying up all night although i've done it before with the NBA finals.

hope to see this team: Lindegaard; Rafael, Smalling, Vidic, Fabio; Nani, Cleverley, Carrick, Young; Berbatov, Rooney.

I think the games after this one are earlier, not too early though.

I'll watch the highlights of this game Jason. Always interested to see how we do pre-season.

Is this tonight or tomorrow night?

EDIT: OK i've found out it's tomorrow, luckily I didn't stay up.

Am wide awake at 4am just can't wait to drive down to the US to see United it's sold out 67000 so atmosphere should be good Seattle supporters make lots of noise
Find a nice pub pint of black n tan followed by a pint of boddingtons some fish n chips ah life is sweet
Got my Champions 19 shirt picked out and my scarf and flag am set

Now been told that De Gea won't play. I think it's best to wait till the team gets announced. Seems Amos and Lindegaard will play one half each though.

Am wide awake at 4am just can't wait to drive down to the US to see United it's sold out 67000 so atmosphere should be good Seattle supporters make lots of noise
Find a nice pub pint of black n tan followed by a pint of boddingtons some fish n chips ah life is sweet
Got my Champions 19 shirt picked out and my scarf and flag am set

enjoy the match

Good first half. Lindegaard has been impressive, commanding his area, quick distribution, mopping up some balls being played in behind the defence. Cracking double save. Great crosses from Youngy and a stinging shot. Owen should have had 2. Kiko could have had 1. Giggs ball for 2nd Owen chance was genius. Seattle giving us a tougher test.

7-0. Easy 2nd half as Seattle changed their whole 11. Missed the first 2 goals of the 2nd half due to a technical hitch. Amos impressed, few mistakes though. Rooney looks sharp and a completely different beast from the Rooney of 12 months ago.

Seattle worked hard in the first half, particularly in the first 20 minutes or so. Second half was way too easy. Lindegaard was impressive, and so was Amos (just a couple of mistakes). Young was pretty good too. He linked up well with Evra on the left.

7-0? A bit of a stroll then!!

Jason- i thought you weren't getting up to watch the game? Obviously not! You're probably cream-crackered today then. lol

Thanks for the video highlights. I stayed up and watched the first half but I was so tired and with the game being so tight and not a lot happening I went to sleep instead. Typical lol

7-0? A bit of a stroll then!!

Jason- i thought you weren't getting up to watch the game? Obviously not! You're probably cream-crackered today then. lol

Never said that Geoff.

Forgot to mention that Ando impressed again. Some poor decisions in his passing but apart from that he was tidy. Made a few interceptions, wasn't afraid to take a shot on. Good to see him play 90 too. I can't stress how important I think this pre-season is for him.

Also, Evra, pre-season also important for him after not having one last season, I saw the old Evra last night, looked quicker, his link up with Young looks a big threat.

Most impressive performances were the 2 goalkeepers both made really good saves both made small mistakes nothing major Lindegaard grew as the game went on. Diouf tried to make things happen and tracked back and grabbed a goal from a great Nani assist. Good link by Young and Evra for the 1st goal.

On the above post:
2. I dont think we learned anything for his appearance against seattle that we didnt already know, he didnt have a huge amount of influence on the game.
3. It's no surprise Park is playing in the middle as we dont have anyone else.

What a great trip great to see the boys play live
And Rooney hatrick a few boddingtons the odd stella
Just one great day in Seattle

That weren't half class watching that last night. He didn't really do a lot but this and his pass for Owen's miss were genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back