Season Review ~ Attacking Mids

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Marks out of 10 and a few comments.

Note - Rashford/Greenwood to be included with forwards.

Fernandes 9/10 ~ honestly he’s blown everyone away goals, assists, workrate, intensity, aggression, leadership he does it all if he’d won a cup for us I’d have given him a 10. Be interested to see if he can carry this on next season.

Mata 5/10 ~ think he contributed bits and pieces along the way but this is the season where the legs finally gave out with no Europa league games I just don’t see where he contributes next season.

Periera 6/10 ~ again a contribution was made but quality just isn’t there always gives his all but time to move on.

James 6/10 ~ ok first season had a good start but was relied on to much to soon and when his form dipped he never got it back. Needs to be much better next season.

Lingard 2/10 ~ for a player of his age and experience now what we got from him this season was shocking and he needs to be moved on. Obviously had some things going on off the pitch but we don’t really know the extent of that but this season he needed to bounce back after a poor season and he didn’t.

Can't really argue with any of those. Not sure Pereira did anything more useful than Mata.

Even though James struggled, I think he has the potential to succeed.

Can't really argue with any of those. Not sure Pereira did anything more useful than Mata.

Even though James struggled, I think he has the potential to succeed.
Hmm, to be honest I reckon he gets left behind in our rebuild efforts. I don't think he has much of a football brain to go with his obvious speed asset. He is heading towards 23 now, so not sure how much can be coached into him.
He was a "worth a punt" buy.

Hmm, to be honest I reckon he gets left behind in our rebuild efforts. I don't think he has much of a football brain to go with his obvious speed asset. He is heading towards 23 now, so not sure how much can be coached into him.
He was a "worth a punt" buy.
You may be right, although James showed a good amount of skill as well as pace. He needs a big season next year.

Bruno - 10. Did everything we could have hoped for, revitalized the team, key in helping us climb from 9th to 3rd. Incredible number of goals and assists. I love this player.

James - 5. Not ready for prime time but it’s not his fault. He should not have been thrown in the deep end. He has potential and next season will show his ability.

Pereira - 5. Not good enough.

Mata - 6. Rarely used but can still create chances and unlock defenses. Surprised he got a new contract as I think we need to play a faster game. We’ll always have Juanfield.

Lingard - 3. He had a great run in the first team but he is done.

Fernandes 9/10
Does exactly what it say on the tin and hit the ground like running! Class

Mata 3/10
Legs gone, can't keep up with play. Doesn't get played at no.10 which he is clearly better at and probably would suit the legs better as well but he's got zero chance of playing there with Bruno on board. Time to go, another season will only make him slower

Periera 4/10
Had his chances which he hasn't before, nobody can see he didn't get enough game time. Not good enough to be a Man Utd player. Time to go.

James 3/10
4 good games followed by 34 below average ones. Personally I think he is out of his depth, his only asset is his speed and he doesn't even use that to get an advantage. Time to go, back to the Championship.

Lingard 4/10
I'm on the fence with Lingard and not sure which way to go with him but he's the same as Periera but just slightly better. Not quite good enough. Maybe I'd give him 1 more season but I'm not sure we'll see anything better from him. Maybe good as a sqaud player but I'm not sure Ole fancies him. Had some personal issues apparently so maybe could give him the benefit of the doubt. if I was Jesse I'd be looking to move abroad and enjoy time elsewhere, Inter haha

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back