Samuel Umtiti

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I mean if this isn’t player using Utd link to get a new contract I don’t know what is.

He’s got a €60m release clause but Barca aren’t worried as they don’t believe he’s thinking of going anywhere.

Only problem for Barca is they’re pretty maxed out on wages so can’t really offer him a better deal.

Isn't he a CB? I can't see beyond Varane for that purchase, Jose loves him.

Varane is more injury ridden than Jones. Would be a terrible decision, totally unable to rely on his availability. I like the guy think he's a rolls Royce of a defender when fit, but jeez out of the frying pan into the fire with that purchase.

@jsp says, Barca are maxed out with wages and Umtiti wants a mega contract. He's 24/5, a beast of a defender, has been playing regularly for 2 years. I guess the argument is why would he leave Barca for Utd but money talks at the end of the day. I'd say it's 50/50.

Varane is more injury ridden than Jones. Would be a terrible decision, totally unable to rely on his availability. I like the guy think he's a rolls Royce of a defender when fit, but jeez out of the frying pan into the fire with that purchase.

Not sure he is injured that much. He had a problem a couple of seasons ago. I am no expert though, could be wrong. He is a decent player though as you say. If he is available I would definitely go for him.

To me if we can sell the Chuckle brothers and put that towards a class CB like Umtiti, Verane or Alderwireld it would be a MASSIVE step in the right direction. We wouldn't be denting the transfer kitty too much then. Sell Blind, Darmian and Shaw too and we can plough that £60m or so into another player like Sandro for LB.

That leaves a good £200m for 3 or 4 other players, 2 CM's and possibly a right mid.

Jobs a good un!

I think if it gets to the point where he's kicking up a stink over his contract and is asking to leave they'll find the money to keep him because he's an absolute gem for them.

He's 2 years into a 5 year deal so Barca won't be in a rush and I'm sure they'll make him aware that if he just waits the money will come to him.

I give this a 2/10 chance of happening, the only way it happens is if Umtiti decides he wants to cash in now rather than wait another 12 months which is when Barca will look to renew. My guess is he will sit tight and stay where he is and next summer Barca will find some extra money to give him a new deal they see this lad as a long term partner to take Pique to retirement.

All of the stuff in Spain is that Umtiti is in no rush to cash in he's very happy at Barca but he'd like them to start talks on a new deal after the world cup. The Utd link to me is just paper nonsense because someone realised he's got quite a low release fee by modern standards. However, as everyone knows these release fees are not easy to enforce if clubs aren't prepared to sell and Barca definitely won't so I don't see it as anything other than a non starter.

Alderwiereld is another story though he's looking for his pay day and he's been told he won't get that pay day at Spurs so they may look to cash in while the price is high like they did with Walker last summer which would probably mean £50-60m but he's coming off the back of a bad year with injury and at 28 will have no sell on value. Utd as a club don't need to worry to much about sell on values when signing players because of our commercial power whereas Spurs will need to sell to buy over the next few years as plenty of money is going to be tied up in the stadium.

Shame on any journalist who ever reports this stuff.

Never saw that coming :p
Seems every good player in Europe uses Utd to get his bumper new deal.

Not even sure they used us the press just spotted he has a fairly low buyout clause and made a story of it was never any indication he actually wanted to come from what I saw.

This one has circled again today.

Cheaper alternative to Maguire but lots of injury problems if it wasn’t for them Barca wouldn’t be letting him go Ashe is a very good defender.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back